Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah Richards

Postby Dameerto » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Facey played rightback in preseason, just sayin...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Who would pay any money for a player who is made of glass?

A loan deal is the best option for all concerned. I still have a little faith that he deserves to play at the top table, if he goes out and plays well for 30 game a season we welcome him back with open arms. If he breaks down again or as I suspect, just look like another average right back then we cut our losses. Selling him now, on the cheap, could come back to haunt us.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby phips » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:22 pm

cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 pm

phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

Have you get the quotes? I'd like to hear what he had to say.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ma ... 42012.html
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Milner unfortunately for him is good in a lot of positions, rather than excellent in one. He'll do a good job on either wing, defensive mdifield, attacking midfield, even fullback. He might even have a few excellent games in any of these positions but he doesn't consistently perform to a very high standard in any singular position.

He's a great squad player to have but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for us.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
He says he didn't beef himself up.

It took him a full season to recover from injury under Hughes, & his attitude seemed questionable too.

Imo, he was absolutely fine under Mancini & probably better then Zabba when fully fit. But his fitness seems to disappear if he has a few injuries. I imagine the Count is currently assessing whether he gets a new contract or not.

I am a little worried about all the english players on the fringe now, how are we going to make the quota that we need to.
Lescott is going,
Richards doesnt seem content,
Milner cant exactly be ecstatic at being a bench warmer when he would start at most teams.
Rodwell is always injured and not a starter when fit
Bary is going
Sinclair is also going

We are in the shit TBH, we need to get some in but who? Not being funny but English players are crap.
I would only look at the following players
Luke Shaw
Gary cahill
Ross Barkley
Adam Lallana
Ravel Morrison?

I think Shaw and Barkley would be excellent additions. Lallana's good but imo not going to replace Silva or Nasri. I'd have Sturridge back but that's not going to happen. We would also imo have to look to push through some youngsters next season like Lopes or maybe Cole for quota.

Exactly
Lopes
Cole
Huws
Rekik

These lads will be in the squad and will fill the 'homegrown' quota.

this is the problem for me

Lescott, Richards, Milner, Rodwell and Barry are much better players than Lopes, Cole, Huws and Rekik as things are currently.
What we are doing is weakening our squad if we do that.we need to replace the outgoing ones with better quality.

According to the MUEN, we currently have one place left for a 'foreign' player, which DESPERATELY needs to be a central defender if Lescott is going. There are no English, nor academy players who are anywhere near good enough to take that spot next season.

Richards though imo is miles a better bet at cb than any English player we could currently sign for that job, or any of the current academy alternatives, so that is another reason not to get rid of him without really considering our situation.

Count is giving nothing away regarding that, says Richards has one year on his contract & now is not the time to talk about it .

I don't think either Rekik or Huws will be worthwhile first team players for City, & if we have to rely on either next season, I think we are in deep deep shit. Cole could become a player & Lopes probably will be, but both will be fringe players at best next season I would think.

We probably have one year of breathing space though, whilst the contracts of Richards & Milner come into discussion.

We could keep both, sign a cb, poss flog Dzeko & sign a key player there. Then maybe bring in someone like Barkley.

The biggest worry for me is Lescott going. We have no reliable partner/cover for VK once he goes.

Even if we sign a player who is the best young cb in the history of football, it might take him 2 seasons to settle into the Prem.

Lescott is an absolute dream of a player to have in the squad & no other British team in our position would ever let a player like that leave.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ma ... 42012.html

Thanks.

Good man Jimmy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby The Original Special One » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:According to the MUEN, we currently have one place left for a 'foreign' player, which DESPERATELY needs to be a central defender if Lescott is going. There are no English, nor academy players who are anywhere near good enough to take that spot next season.

Richards though imo is miles a better bet at cb than any English player we could currently sign for that job, or any of the current academy alternatives, so that is another reason not to get rid of him without really considering our situation.

Count is giving nothing away regarding that, says Richards has one year on his contract & now is not the time to talk about it .

I don't think either Rekik or Huws will be worthwhile first team players for City, & if we have to rely on either next season, I think we are in deep deep shit. Cole could become a player & Lopes probably will be, but both will be fringe players at best next season I would think.

We probably have one year of breathing space though, whilst the contracts of Richards & Milner come into discussion.

We could keep both, sign a cb, poss flog Dzeko & sign a key player there. Then maybe bring in someone like Barkley.

The biggest worry for me is Lescott going. We have no reliable partner/cover for VK once he goes.

Even if we sign a player who is the best young cb in the history of football, it might take him 2 seasons to settle into the Prem.

Lescott is an absolute dream of a player to have in the squad & no other British team in our position would ever let a player like that leave.

I'd like Lescott to stay; he probably realises now that he won't make the plane to Rio, even if Cahill picks up an injury.
But Richards has just become too much of an injury-magnet; though I'd love to be proved wrong, where he's concerned.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:20 pm

I think he needs to be convinced to stay if at all possible.I'm sure thats what the club are trying to do but I don't think he's sticking about.

Don't do it Micah!
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby chef » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:31 pm

shortagain wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Could have been one of the best. Too many injuries and sometimes when he gets the chance, horrendous.

Big problem is the English player thing. Apart from Luke Shaw, who the hell is worth buying?

Not sure if they have to be English or rather have spent some years in development in English football or at the club. Think the number is 8 of these in your 25 or 17 foreigners maximum. You can add any number of U21 players of which we have several coming through but whether they can go all the way only time will tell. Southampton also have a guy at right back Chamberlain or something who looks very good, but would they let him go????

Clyne ,shaw, lallana ...( or just buy southampton). English quota met
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 am

Micah goes to Liverpool in the summer and makes Woys first squad after the world cup... thats the way it goes!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:According to the MUEN, we currently have one place left for a 'foreign' player, which DESPERATELY needs to be a central defender if Lescott is going. There are no English, nor academy players who are anywhere near good enough to take that spot next season.

What if we were to buy Shaw for instance, ship Clichy or Kolarov. Two spots open for new defenders!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:58 am

Slim wrote:

What if we were to buy Shaw for instance, ship Clichy or Kolarov. Two spots open for new defenders!

Clichy doesn't take up a 'foreign' spot, he's association grown.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:13 am

Slim wrote:

Tbh, I don't like the idea of buying Shaw for the simple reason that we have kids at different age groups who look to have potential to play that role. Obviously the club know better, & perhaps some of those players will adapt to end up in different positions anyway, but with Shaw being so young, he is blocking off that spot for someone, for years to come.

He is obviously talented, but imo the only thing he has on some of the City lads is his physique. They may well have more quality & football intelligence than he does. Bul like I say, that possibly means they could end up playing elsewhere.

In the end I suppose they will do what they think is best for the club.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:23 am

Tricky job this mixing short-termism and long-termism.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

Tbh, I don't like the idea of buying Shaw for the simple reason that we have kids at different age groups who look to have potential to play that role. Obviously the club know better, & perhaps some of those players will adapt to end up in different positions anyway, but with Shaw being so young, he is blocking off that spot for someone, for years to come.

He is obviously talented, but imo the only thing he has on some of the City lads is his physique. They may well have more quality & football intelligence than he does. Bul like I say, that possibly means they could end up playing elsewhere.

A number of things to be considered I guess, first up the quota, secondly how long before we have a left back ready to step up to the senior ranks? and also how long do Kolarov and Clichy have left on their current deals?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

A number of things to be considered I guess, first up the quota, secondly how long before we have a left back ready to step up to the senior ranks? and also how long do Kolarov and Clichy have left on their current deals?

I think Clichy has about a year left. Not sure about Kolarov.

It will be at least a couple of years before we get a viable fullback from the academy I would have thought. But if we decided to replace Kolarov or Clichy, I'd rather we go for someone less expensive & more experienced than Shaw.

But I suppose if they decide he is a better prospect than our kids, then they may go for him. I suppose it's possible he could play more than just fullback too, so perhaps there is room for him plus an academy player if that is the case.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 am

I think he's going to be a superstar, but if he doesn't free up another spot(FIBD mentioned it) then I'd rather hold out for an academy product.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:44 am

Slim wrote:I think he's going to be a superstar, but if he doesn't free up another spot(FIBD mentioned it) then I'd rather hold out for an academy product.

That's the thing with 18/19 year olds playing first team football; you always think that you are seeing the tiip of the iceburg, but some of them, in fact many of them, you are actually seeing the whole thing, & it soon starts to melt.

If we are only seeing the potential of what Shaw can be, then I agree, he will be something very special. If however, this is it, then we are possibly seeing his best spell right now & will see his flaws start to develop in the coming years. If that is the case, then we may have lads who will turn out better. Not my decision thankfully.

Micah Richards at centre back, was to me just about the most nailed on superstar as an actual defender I've ever seen. So much better than Nastasic etc it's frightening. Can't get a game there now, even when we have injuries.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum