Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 am

He has turned into a top notch defender and very likeable man after a very shaky start.

Now where the fuck is my t-shirt Kinda?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:He is indeed turning into a real rock

Seems there is a real lesson to be learned here for central defenders from overseas, as we haven't really had that many foreign players in the CB position, and the ones we have had we seem to have given up on fairly early on.

Savic - yes he was shocking, but young and inexperienced)
Nastasic - ditto above, but does show good potential)
Boateng - didn't really get a chance, we can be critical of him now but he plays every week for the best team in Europe
Kompany - he learned the pace of the PL from central midfield and was an immediate upgrade on what we had
Distin - was already experienced in premier league when we signed him

Problem is, in both the league and champions league, you really can't afford to give them a free pass for howlers due to the stakes. Suppose it proves that trick really is to change them as infrequently as possible as the rags have shown as you cant really afford for a new centre half to have a shit half season in our position

Such a shame Distin left when he did. I'd love to have seen how him and Kompany would've shaped up.

He left to win things, backfired a little bit that one.

he did win the FA Cup though!
Just had a look at his appearances and he is at 178 for City and currently 170 for Everton, seems like he has been at Everton longer TBH.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm

MDM our best CB this season for me , he has been absolute class since around March this year . Class player with tons and tons of experience .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 pm

News from Argentina say Martin has told Manuel that he wants to go home and play for River Playe. Maybe this is why we got Otamendi.
No idea if this rumor is true.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby AG7 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:News from Argentina say Martin has told Manuel that he wants to go home and play for River Playe. Maybe this is why we got Otamendi.
No idea if this rumor is true.

In that case we'd end up keeping Denayer. For whom currently there are four clubs in for a loan.

MDM extended is contract for an year just this year and this will be his last season with us, I'd rather keep him as he can also I've is cover for that central midfield especially if we need to bring him in late in games to shut up shop ... would be more useful that keeping Jason as fourth CH ... and Jason will benefit from another full season playing elsewhere like he did at Celtic last season, so come next season, bring Jason back into the fold with more experience under his belt and MDM's contract finishes too.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum