Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Lee_R wrote:Put it this way.. if Demi is a liability.. then so is Pellegrini for selecting him over and over again.

Yes. Also MP signed him too. Just not sure whether signing him or playing him is worse. The worst management I have ever seen.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Fucking wank !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:47 pm

In a nutshell, yes. A big one

1 Has no pace
2 Turns like a tank
3 Dives in with interceptions leading to
4 Being caught out of position. A lot
5 Actually has piss poor distribution
6 Is no threat on set pieces
7 Gives away too many free kicks in dangerous places
8 He has shit hair

It's not all bad though.

1 His wife is fit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:In a nutshell, yes. A big one 1 Has no pace 2 Turns like a tank 3 Dives in with interceptions leading to 4 Being caught out of position. A lot 5 Actually has piss poor distribution 6 Is no threat on set pieces 7 Gives away too many free kicks in dangerous places 8 He has shit hair It's not all bad though. 1 His wife is fit

Honestly, he has better hair than me.
South Stand Balti

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

We have an outside chance in Barcelona with Demichellis suspended.No doubt he will be back for Hull to put the Premier League all but mathematically out of our reach.

His constant inclusion in the side regardless off ever worsening degrees of shitness must be annoying one or two players.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Honestly, he has better hair than me.

Really. No hair at all would be an improvement. Shave whatever you have off mate
nottsblue

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 pm

nottsblue wrote: Really. No hair at all would be an improvement. Shave whatever you have off mate

Fryer Tuck....it's not a good look.
South Stand Balti

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Fryer Tuck....it's not a good look.

At least its not a combover or the hideous barnet Swales sported
nottsblue

Postby kennyboy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:In a nutshell, yes. A big one

1 Has no pace
2 Turns like a tank
3 Dives in with interceptions leading to
4 Being caught out of position. A lot
5 Actually has piss poor distribution
6 Is no threat on set pieces
7 Gives away too many free kicks in dangerous places
8 He has shit hair

It's not all bad though.

1 His wife is fit

This is so spot on, especially no 2 is just what it looks like.
Not funny at all, deeply frustrating.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Managers fave. Compare how many mistakes hes been permitted, to how Milner and Lescott have been treated.

Those two can play great and still then be omitted for weeks.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AG7 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:17 pm

How long did we sign him for?

Surely just one season and he's off at end of season, end of contract, right?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm

AG7 wrote:How long did we sign him for? Surely just one season and he's off at end of season, end of contract, right?

Two year deal. That means another season of the Count's love child. The worst thing is the manager will pick him.
South Stand Balti

Postby dikdok » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 am

There must be something seriously wrong with Pellegrini's perception if he thinks Dummycareless is a premier league player. I winced today everytime he threw himself into a tackle or strained to catch up with the sprinting Wigan forwards.

I am very annoyed with the team selection today.
dikdok
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City FC

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:12 am

It's already obvious (to everyone bar Pellegrini) that Demichelis is useless in his own right, but what makes it even worse is that he clearly makes the rest of the team uncomortable when he plays.

Kompany turns into a nervous wreck when he plays with Demichelis. He spends half the time worrying about what Demichelis will do.

Whilst team selection is the manager's responsibility, I firmly believe Kompany, in his role as captain, should address the issue with Pellegrini. Walking out onto the pitch each week with such a liability in the side is not acceptable for a side hoping to win the league.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 am

aaron bond wrote:It's already obvious (to everyone bar Pellegrini) that Demichelis is useless in his own right, but what makes it even worse is that he clearly makes the rest of the team uncomortable when he plays.

Kompany turns into a nervous wreck when he plays with Demichelis. He spends half the time worrying about what Demichelis will do.

Whilst team selection is the manager's responsibility, I firmly believe Kompany, in his role as captain, should address the issue with Pellegrini. Walking out onto the pitch each week with such a liability in the side is not acceptable for a side hoping to win the league.

The only player VK is comfortable playing next to, is Lescott. That has been the case since Mancini took over. Boateng, Kolo, Savic, Nastasic, Garcia & now Demichelis, have all been used in an attempt to get rid of Lescott, who was half of the best cb pairing in the Premier League & possibly even in Europe. If you put the pair of them in Barca or Bayern's teams, they would be better, not worse.

The destruction of that pairing by Mancini & now the Count applying the final death blows, is some of the most willfully stupid fucking management in the history of football.

Lescott isn't the kind of player you want v Barca & may struggle, but we haven't signed anyone else who can play that kind of game either, not in all the seasons since the takeover.

We should have a fast, covering defender who is great in 1v1s, to play alongside either VK or JL against the quick, tricky players, & a Lescott type player to play v centre forwards.

None of the defenders we have signed can do either job & none of them were/are especially good on the ball either.

Even if we had planned to keep Lescott, he is getting older & would get exposed in some games; we needed decent cb alternatives.

We got Boateng, Savic, Nastasic & Demichelis & worst of all, we played the fuckers in the team. Boateng almost cost us the FA Cup, Savic almost cost us the league, Nastasic (imo) did cost us the league, & Demichelis may cost us 3 competitions this season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
aaron bond wrote:It's already obvious (to everyone bar Pellegrini) that Demichelis is useless in his own right, but what makes it even worse is that he clearly makes the rest of the team uncomortable when he plays.

The only player VK is comfortable playing next to, is Lescott. That has been the case since Mancini took over. Boateng, Kolo, Savic, Nastasic, Garcia & now Demichelis, have all been used in an attempt to get rid of Lescott, who was half of the best cb pairing in the Premier League & possibly even in Europe. If you put the pair of them in Barca or Bayern's teams, they would be better, not worse.

The destruction of that pairing by Mancini & now the Count applying the final death blows, is some of the most willfully stupid fucking management in the history of football.

Lescott isn't the kind of player you want v Barca & may struggle, but we haven't signed anyone else who can play that kind of game either, not in all the seasons since the takeover.

We should have a fast, covering defender who is great in 1v1s, to play alongside either VK or JL against the quick, tricky players, & a Lescott type player to play v centre forwards.

None of the defenders we have signed can do either job & none of them were/are especially good on the ball either.

Even if we had planned to keep Lescott, he is getting older & would get exposed in some games; we needed decent cb alternatives.

We got Boateng, Savic, Nastasic & Demichelis & worst of all, we played the fuckers in the team. Boateng almost cost us the FA Cup, Savic almost cost us the league, Nastasic (imo) did cost us the league, & Demichelis may cost us 3 competitions this season.

I agree with everything you've written there. It is appalling how badly managed our defence has been in the last 2 seasons. We were rock solid at the back for so long, and it's all gone to waste.

Out of our centre backs, 2 are absolutely shite, and both will probably be with us next season. It's absolutely criminal that Demichelis and Nastasic take a wage from us.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:39 am

Demichelis has certainly cost us 2 competitions so far. He is utter shit. Pellegrini picks him.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 am

Past it, and would never get in the team if it was not for the manager, Pellers has his own Balo now. JL was carrying him. Stubborn managers do not last long..........
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Breks » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Two year deal. That means another season of the Count's love child. The worst thing is the manager will pick him.

We will sign Mangala in summer so Demi will be warming the bench.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:52 am

Breks wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Two year deal. That means another season of the Count's love child. The worst thing is the manager will pick him.

We will sign Mangala in summer so Demi will be warming the bench.

JL, gone he will be fuckup. sorry backup !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum