Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 pm

We shouldn't forget that Demichelis was panic addition when we couldn't find anyone suitable in summer and just had to get SOMEONE to cover. Lescott should be covering and we need a world class centerback pair for Kompany ESPECIALLY in kind of gung ho(ish) football we play. I think that has been already recpgnized but easier said than done getting one.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 pm

At one point yesterday negredo who was on a yellow was tracking a runner on the counter attack. They beat him and continued to break, negredo made a quick choice to allow the runner to break to avoid getting a a second yellow. It was a split second decision.

Demi had a few seconds to consider the same and decided to bring messi down. Stupid decision IMO.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby guv111 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:02 pm

He's always got mistakes in him. He's also slow and can make Lescott look sure footed. The fact, though, is that neither are good enough. We need two good centre backs bringing in in the summer: then we can give the captain the sort of rest he deserves from time to time.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:05 pm

guv111 wrote:He's always got mistakes in him. He's also slow and can make Lescott look sure footed. The fact, though, is that neither are good enough. We need two good centre backs bringing in in the summer: then we can give the captain the sort of rest he deserves from time to time.

I agree we need two.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby tc6828 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:34 pm

kennyboy wrote:I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.
A shame we didn't buy a real quality CB in the Jan market.

That is so naive to say he lost us the tie - Bolloocks.

He is one of eleven players who contribute to form a unit. By your reckoning, the other ten had nothing to do with it. Don't see any comments saying the beast lost us the game because he didn't sink his chance, David lost us the tie because he shot straight to the keeper, or Vinny lost us the game because he played messi onside, or Navas lost us the game coz he never got the free kick. etc etc.

I bet down to every man in the team, they are not blaminh him, and nor should we.

Get off his back. He did his best and I cannot think of any defender in any league who would not have made a tackle when he did
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 pm

tc6828 wrote:
kennyboy wrote:I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.

He is one of eleven players who contribute to form a unit. By your reckoning, the other ten had nothing to do with it. Don't see any comments saying the beast lost us the game because he didn't sink his chance, David lost us the tie because he shot straight to the keeper, or Vinny lost us the game because he played messi onside, or Navas lost us the game coz he never got the free kick. etc etc.

I bet down to every man in the team, they are not blaminh him, and nor should we.

Get off his back. He did his best and I cannot think of any defender in any league who would not have made a tackle when he did

Eh?
He made reckless challenge after losing his man that left us with 10 men and gave them penalty. All this when game was still 0-0 against probably second best team in the world. Now no one knows how it would've ended had it not happened but that was that and we'll never know thanks to Demichelis.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
tc6828 wrote:

Eh?
He made reckless challenge after losing his man that left us with 10 men and gave them penalty. All this when game was still 0-0 against probably second best team in the world. Now no one knows how it would've ended had it not happened but that was that and we'll never know thanks to Demichelis.

We were actually more of a threat when we went down to 10 men than when we had 11 !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby tc6828 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:48 pm

tc6828 wrote:

Eh?

Were all upset that we lost the game after all the hype. If you feel better by nailing the fault to one person, that's fine. I personally think theres a bigger picture and no one man was responsible
tc6828

Postby Jon London » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

I still have on sky plus the failed header by Demichelis for Malaga against Dortmund that let them back into the game in the CL quarter final -- he was sh1t last year too when he was a year younger. Even my 6 year old complains about him.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Jon London wrote:I still have on sky plus the failed header by Demichelis for Malaga against Dortmund that let them back into the game in the CL quarter final -- he was sh1t last year too when he was a year younger. Even my 6 year old complains about him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680405

Many disagree with you
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Not that I'm a big Demi fan but to say he was shit last season is bollocks
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Wooders wrote:Not that I'm a big Demi fan but to say he was shit last season is bollocks

He wasn't shit last night mate and was asked to do a job. The problem for me is that he is being played out of position in favour of somebody I believe could do a far better job. He continually gave the ball away because he wanted it on his right and the boss must tell him to try and nick the ball at every opportunity but he just hasn't got the pace for that.

I have no complaints about Demi himself, I just think he's being asked far too much of him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Wooders wrote:
Jon London wrote:I still have on sky plus the failed header by Demichelis for Malaga against Dortmund that let them back into the game in the CL quarter final -- he was sh1t last year too when he was a year younger. Even my 6 year old complains about him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680405

Many disagree with you

Carlos Vela & Juanfran are in that team & the bloke next to him stank the place out at the swamp.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wooders wrote:Not that I'm a big Demi fan but to say he was shit last season is bollocks

He wasn't shit last night mate and was asked to do a job. The problem for me is that he is being played out of position in favour of somebody I believe could do a far better job. He continually gave the ball away because he wanted it on his right and the boss must tell him to try and nick the ball at every opportunity but he just hasn't got the pace for that.

I have no complaints about Demi himself, I just think he's being asked far too much of him.

Demichelis was always, ALWAYS, bit reckless with his tackling. Problem is he is only marginally faster turning around than Richard Dunne and what little pace he ever had is wearing off so against top class opposition he can't get away with it anymore. It's funny, I experienced the same at some stage myself. Your brain thinks you are that inch or two in different position that you actually are and this is the outcome.

And I try not to be too harsh on him. He simply isn't anymore, if he ever was, in world level and is only in line up out of necessity. I beliwve lesson has been learned by everyone and we'll have new starting CB in summer with Lescott as primary back up.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:32 am

Eh?

If you get a chance , you should look at the sequence of events leading up to the red card.

Look where Messi was when the ball was lost ( foul on Navas)

Look what Vinny was doing .

He was pulling the line of defense forward considerably.

Where Demich made the mistake , in my opinion, is by not holding the line with Vinnie . He stayed way back and Messi would have to move further to get back onside.

Even though they all new where Messi was, they also knew he was well offside but was coming back.

If Demich had carried on going forward, Vinny would not have to bring himself so far back.

Even worse Demich did not attempt to get close to Messi until the ball was actually played to him.

Unfortunately Demich chose wrong to try and tackle Messi. He is too slow. I still think he was a bit unlucky with his tackle and was unlucky for a red to be given. I don't care for this last man business he went in for ball and it certainly wasn't malicious.Although in slow motion you can make anything look bad.

For me the worst thing when defending is not holding the line when moving out.

Vinny was moving out and the rest of the line must move with him. Vinny also stopped moving when he saw that Barca had the ball under control. Again correct. It must have been a shock to him seeing demich strolling out.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Demichelis was always, ALWAYS, bit reckless with his tackling. Problem is he is only marginally faster turning around than Richard Dunne and what little pace he ever had is wearing off so against top class opposition he can't get away with it anymore. It's funny, I experienced the same at some stage myself. Your brain thinks you are that inch or two in different position that you actually are and this is the outcome. And I try not to be too harsh on him. He simply isn't anymore, if he ever was, in world level and is only in line up out of necessity. I beliwve lesson has been learned by everyone and we'll have new starting CB in summer with Lescott as primary back up.
what with Lescott announcing he's going at the end of the season? More likely Nastasic and Demi will be second choice to VK and a.n.other.

Demichelis is an odd one up until the sending off he'd been quick to read the game, took the ball a couple of times but then made a hash of his distribution. We might well have improved at 10men but that may have been more due to the other personnel changes as Kolarov was possibly the worst player on the pitch before he came off - need a Navas type player on the left IMHO
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:26 am

Dunnylad wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Demichelis was always, ALWAYS, bit reckless with his tackling. Problem is he is only marginally faster turning around than Richard Dunne and what little pace he ever had is wearing off so against top class opposition he can't get away with it anymore. It's funny, I experienced the same at some stage myself. Your brain thinks you are that inch or two in different position that you actually are and this is the outcome. And I try not to be too harsh on him. He simply isn't anymore, if he ever was, in world level and is only in line up out of necessity. I beliwve lesson has been learned by everyone and we'll have new starting CB in summer with Lescott as primary back up.
what with Lescott announcing he's going at the end of the season? More likely Nastasic and Demi will be second choice to VK and a.n.other.

Demichelis is an odd one up until the sending off he'd been quick to read the game, took the ball a couple of times but then made a hash of his distribution. We might well have improved at 10men but that may have been more due to the other personnel changes as Kolarov was possibly the worst player on the pitch before he came off - need a Navas type player on the left IMHO

Maybe we can take Ozil to a big club, he sure as shit looks like he wants out of the Arse.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:07 am

Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis has taken the blame for his red card against Barcelona in the Champions League and does not blame the referee for sending him off.

Because it was a clear red card you fucking moron.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Fucking Watford tore him to pieces because they figured out exactly how where we were soft too.

Yes he did ok vs Bara for 50 mins, ok, nothing else. But like someone said, an experienced international defender should not be tempting the ref with a last man back tackle on the edge of the box. Suicide.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby tc6828 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:16 pm

So all you on hear mouthing off that he made a rash challenge and cost us the tie would be praising him for his sound judgement if he let Messi through and we still lost by two. Don't think so, you would still be crucifying him for being too slow etc.

Your all miffed that we lost and are looking for a scapegoat. You are all supposed to be City supporters, then start showing some loyalty to all 11 players.
tc6828

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum