Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Enough people have mentioned it, is Demi the liability that Pellers indulges?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby kennyboy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 pm

I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.
A shame we didn't buy a real quality CB in the Jan market.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Enough people have mentioned it, is Demi the liability that Pellers indulges?

I think Kompany gets away with a lot in the name of putting his body on the line, and we all fall for it time and again. Both he and demichelis have been making these suicidal lunges forwards allowing runners in behind, and on this occasion it was kompany's poor positioning that caused the reaction from demichelis.

But Pellegrini has a blind spot for this lad that Is costing us. We badly need pace at the back though

I just worry pellers will compound the problem by playing Nastasic at the nou camp
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Yeah but he's a much better passer than Lescott so it doesn't matter when he fucks up countless times. It's far more important for a defender to be bale to pass than to be able to defend.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Lee_R » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Yeah but he's a much better passer than Lescott so it doesn't matter when he fucks up. It's far more important for a defender to be bale to pass than to be able to defend.

ffs.

And yes he is. Maybe he was once good..but Pellers trusted him. This will be his last season surly. Slow and sloppy.. doesnt even run a lot of the time. Knew he'd fuck up when it was important.
Last edited by Lee_R on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Yeah but he's a much better passer than Lescott so it doesn't matter when he fucks up. It's far more important for a defender to be bale to pass than to be able to defend.

ffs.

I see your sarcasm radar isn't working.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Lee_R » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Lee_R wrote:

ffs.

Lol sorry.
Lee_R

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 pm

kennyboy wrote:I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.
A shame we didn't buy a real quality CB in the Jan market.

I think Demichelis has some dirt on Pellegrini and that's why he plays whenever he wants.

he hasn't cost us anything in CL yet tho. the red made things difficult but it's not over so get a grip kennyboy.

but the whole Demi situation is so strange imo. IF Pellegrini felt we need a defender OR rated him so highly why didn't we get him early doors when we could've got him for free?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Lee_R wrote:

ffs.

Lol sorry.

No worries. People go on about Lescott's passing. In the first ten minutes or so, DM under no pressure passed the ball straight to a Barca player.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm

I think a lot of people understand what you're saying but it's difficult to admit your opinion was possibly wrong. It was noted very early o i this game that there was no need to pass the ball but to at least get it back up the field. Demi consistently passed/hoofed the ball back to them and didn't give us the break we needed. At least Lescott would've hoofed it into Row 10 or back to their keeper, giving us that extra time to regroup.

I don't blame Demi though, he's told what to do, just a shame he hasn't got a left foot when he plays there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Tonights game was at too high a level for both of them. Dem is good enough to interchange with Joleon in the bread and butter stuff but why he has superceded him only Pellers knows. Joleon would still be a great 3rd choice next season but it looks like he'll go and we'll keep the ponytailed one. Disappointing cos Joleon's a real City man.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I think a lot of people understand what you're saying but it's difficult to admit your opinion was possibly wrong. It was noted very early o i this game that there was no need to pass the ball but to at least get it back up the field. Demi consistently passed/hoofed the ball back to them and didn't give us the break we needed. At least Lescott would've hoofed it into Row 10 or back to their keeper, giving us that extra time to regroup.

I don't blame Demi though, he's told what to do, just a shame he hasn't got a left foot when he plays there.

When lescott came on he shit himself time and time again. I like him but I can't ignore the facts.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_R » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Lee_R wrote:

ffs.

Lol sorry.

No worries. People go on about Lescott's passing. In the first ten minutes or so, DM under no pressure passed the ball straight to a Barca player.

Totally agree. I've still not forgiven Lescott for the QPR fuckup but he's infinitely better than Demicheles
Lee_R

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:39 pm

He is not a started.

But he is not a liability.

Tonight for me he was ok, just ok, i can't blame him from that fuck up the ref did, basically from that moment all went to shit, he had to options, let Messi go and maybe then Joe would had brought him down or do that fault. I am not blaming him for that swedish cunt decision to help those fucktards.

Two things i want to add.

1) Look where Demi is when he brings Messi down. Vinnie should had been there, not Demichelis.
2) All that shite happend after the ref saw in the half time the replay of that handball at Clichy.

So to end it, Demichelis is not a liability, but he is nowhere a started in front of Lesco or even Nasty. He is just guy you use when everyone else is injured.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm

He was bought as a stop gap when vinny got injured against Newcastle. Ever since he stepped onto the field away to chelski he has been average at best. Ok for the premier league cannon fodder, but against half decent teams completely out of his depth.
It will be a major achievement if we win the league with him at centre half.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

When lescott came on he shit himself time and time again. I like him but I can't ignore the facts.

Facts you say? Like the facts their pass-% in the league is 89% for both of them?
Oh yeah, but Demi is so much better passer
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Definitely.

Far FAR to slow at 34.

Was raped by Chelsea, it cost us all 3 points.

He was an accident waiting to happen tonight, and his passing was dog shit. I think he is a bit of a thick cunt too. It was obvious he would see a straight red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity being the last man, but still he puts in a stupid half arsed tackle, its like he just cant help himself. Why not try and redeem yourself by just staying on the pitch to fight another day. Lost count off the time he slides in like this and gets nowhere.

I am becoming disturbed by Pellegrini infatuation with this aging past it player, who shouldn't even be on the substitutes bench let alone the pitch.

DIMichellis is having a real impact on our season,for all the wrong reasons.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm

If he had just let Messi run without making a challenge I would have lambasted him but he was put in a position of no choice by 1.The ref not giving us on foul on Navas which led to their break and 2. Vinny getting caught out of position.Also I think Messi was maginally offside and the contact from DM was outside the box.Sure it was a red card but so many things wrong in the lead up to the challenge.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Facts you say? Like the facts their pass-% in the league is 89% for both of them?
Oh yeah, but Demi is so msuch better passer

Whoa easy tiger, don't put words in my mouth.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Athletico let him go farrrrrrrrr to easily for my liking.

I honestly would have prefered Messi to run through and (Maybe) score past Joe rather than play for all the second half down to ten.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum