Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:From my point of view, I don't think Vinnie's happy with either Nasti or Demi.

I bet Demi is not happy with Vinnie for palying messi on...food for thought!!

If Vinny had been ten yards further forward, Demichelis still wouldn't have known where Messi was.

True , but my point being that Vinnie gets away with a lot of justifiable criticism that should be aimed at him and Demi probably feels the same.

True.

But that's because you have already told everybody it was down to Lescott.

True.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 pm

tc6828 wrote:
hartfordsheartbeat wrote:After every game he plays the common theme amongst posters is "up until then he had played well" or "I thought he was having a good game until". I don't trust him, the majority at the ground doesn't trust him and most damning of all Vinny doesn't trust him. Unfortunately the only man that does trust him is the one man that matters and that will cost us, make no mistake.

Well. We have someone on the inside reporting, I didn't think we had such esteemed visitors to this site. Was it during a training break that Vinny had a quiet word with you to say he dosen't trust Demi, or were you over at his house one night for a post match barbie? Perhaps if you give us an incy wincy clue as to the validity of that statement, people might believe it, and more importantly, you.

As for the majority of the ground", well if you mean on the forum, you don't have the majority vote, or did you pick a specific match and speak to every individual in conducting your survey? If you mean the team, was it during a team chat when Demi slipped out for a piss because they would be too embarrased to say it in front of him?

The man that does trust him has a far superior football brain than the sum of the individuals who frequent this site, and if he trusts him, so should we.

If Demi is past his best (which I wouldn't argue against), he doesn't go out with the intention of "oh, I'll shaft the team today", he goes out and does the best to his ability. If that ability isn't up to the standards we need, that his not his fault

So, again to summarise. You are trying to gain more support for the lets stick the knife into Demi by throwing out stupid statements that you cannot conceivably qualify. Bottom line is we lost a match because of a series of events that went against us leading to the first goal, Demi just happened to be at the end of the chain. No wait, its Joe's fault cause he never saved the penalty.

I care little whether you believe what I say or not. if you are happy with Demi playing that's entirely up to you. You are entitled to your opinion same way as I'm entitled to mine and mine is that I'd rather he wasn't in the team. Pellegrini likes him as a player and seems to have some penchant for signing him, not the first manager to display this trait and almost certainly not the last. Doesn't mean he's a better option than Lescott just that the manager's displaying favoritism.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I also think Kompany needs to be a bit more careful with these marauding forward runs with the ball. They look great when they come off and he beats a couple of men but he looks a tit when he gets tackled and puts us in danger and either him or someone else has to take a booking for the team.

Only about one time in ten, does one of his marauding runs end up with City in a better position than when he started it.

Absolutely. I love Vinnie but fucking hell those pointless runs make me pull my hair off. Only upside is that I always remember how Keegan was saying how he expected more forward runs from his centerbacks and that memory makes me smile.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby tc6828 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 am

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:
tc6828 wrote:
hartfordsheartbeat wrote:After every game he plays the common theme amongst posters is "up until then he had played well" or "I thought he was having a good game until". I don't trust him, the majority at the ground doesn't trust him and most damning of all Vinny doesn't trust him. Unfortunately the only man that does trust him is the one man that matters and that will cost us, make no mistake.

Well. We have someone on the inside reporting, I didn't think we had such esteemed visitors to this site. Was it during a training break that Vinny had a quiet word with you to say he dosen't trust Demi, or were you over at his house one night for a post match barbie? Perhaps if you give us an incy wincy clue as to the validity of that statement, people might believe it, and more importantly, you.

As for the majority of the ground", well if you mean on the forum, you don't have the majority vote, or did you pick a specific match and speak to every individual in conducting your survey? If you mean the team, was it during a team chat when Demi slipped out for a piss because they would be too embarrased to say it in front of him?

The man that does trust him has a far superior football brain than the sum of the individuals who frequent this site, and if he trusts him, so should we.

If Demi is past his best (which I wouldn't argue against), he doesn't go out with the intention of "oh, I'll shaft the team today", he goes out and does the best to his ability. If that ability isn't up to the standards we need, that his not his fault

So, again to summarise. You are trying to gain more support for the lets stick the knife into Demi by throwing out stupid statements that you cannot conceivably qualify. Bottom line is we lost a match because of a series of events that went against us leading to the first goal, Demi just happened to be at the end of the chain. No wait, its Joe's fault cause he never saved the penalty.

I care little whether you believe what I say or not. if you are happy with Demi playing that's entirely up to you. You are entitled to your opinion same way as I'm entitled to mine and mine is that I'd rather he wasn't in the team. Pellegrini likes him as a player and seems to have some penchant for signing him, not the first manager to display this trait and almost certainly not the last. Doesn't mean he's a better option than Lescott just that the manager's displaying favoritism.

Look. I have no issue with your opinions and whether we agree or not, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. My issue was that you claim to know that Vinny doesn't trust Demi. If that is the case, state your evidence and I will unreservedly apologise.

We are both on the same side but I take issue with ubstantiated quotes purportedly made from within the team.
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby clippo22 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Just seen that Jan Vertongen has said he might leave spuds if they don't qualify for the chumps league. What are people's thoughts on him? I quite like him, he has his weaknesses but I would consider him an upgrade on what we currently have. A fellow country man as partner for vinnie, who is big, strong in the air, not too short of pace, can pick out a pass and is left footed. Think he would jump at the chance to join us, especially offering him a cb berth as he gets frustrated at being put at left back at spuds. Although that would be further cover for kola and clichy. Only in his mid twenties so still time to develop too.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:42 pm

clippo22 wrote:Just seen that Jan Vertongen has said he might leave spuds if they don't qualify for the chumps league. What are people's thoughts on him? I quite like him, he has his weaknesses but I would consider him an upgrade on what we currently have. A fellow country man as partner for vinnie, who is big, strong in the air, not too short of pace, can pick out a pass and is left footed. Think he would jump at the chance to join us, especially offering him a cb berth as he gets frustrated at being put at left back at spuds. Although that would be further cover for kola and clichy. Only in his mid twenties so still time to develop too.

He is the kind of player we keep being linked with; dead slow, often goes missing at key times & thinks he can play football.

Absolutly the opposite of what we need imo, but I have a terrible fear we will end up with someone like him, or Agger who we are also often linked to. Hopefuly they are just leftovers from Mancini's scouting instructions, as he didn't care about pace in any position, but the thought of Vertonghen v people like Rooney & Suarez, when we are all caught forward attacking, scares the shit out of me.

I'd rather have Demichelis than the pair of them.

We need a quick fucker who can turn & defend 1v1.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby clippo22 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Who do you suggest?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:57 pm

clippo22 wrote:Who do you suggest?

There's the question.

I can safely say, I haven't seen one single player who I've thought looks a great central defender, not in full games anyway. I don't rate either of Barca's, Bayern's, or Dortmund's for a start.

Of those linked, I think Pepe would have been a fantastic signing compared to the others linked. He's quick, experienced & a sly bastard. Managala looks fast & good in the air, but I've not seen much of him, nor some of the other names linked recently.

All the previous names who came up under Mancini; Hummels, Subotic, Agger, Vertonghen, Chiellini, Javi Martinez, were all varying degrees of slow. Thiago Silva was the only one I liked the look of.

I'm hoping our scouts get the right man & that they see the problem the same way I do; that we need someone quick & strong, then if they need a good ball player, add that to the list. If we sign a ball player who is slow, I think we will struggle to win trophies playing like Pellegrini wants.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:02 pm

surely the backroom staff have to override Pellers and sell this clown
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:08 pm

phips wrote:surely the backroom staff have to override Pellers and sell this clown

Sell him? Who's going to buy him? Henshaw's?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ashton287 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 pm

How much would it cost to have him run over. Three or four times.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Demichellis is shot but he's not on his own.
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lee_R » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Put it this way.. if Demi is a liability.. then so is Pellegrini for selecting him over and over again.
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Bear60 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:42 pm

[quote="Lee_R"]Put it this way.. if Demi is a liability.. then so is Pellegrini for selecting him over and over again.[/quote

Yes why cant Pellers see it when all of us and everyone else can beggars belief
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 pm

You bet your life hes a liability, he can fuck right off back to corned beef land and take clichy, richards and a few others with him
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Bear60 wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Put it this way.. if Demi is a liability.. then so is Pellegrini for selecting him over and over again.[/quote

Yes why cant Pellers see it when all of us and everyone else can beggars belief

I can almost let him off for today with the Barcelona game coming up, he was always going to have to play him.

I'm pretty sure he will be a long way from the first team next season as this is the obvious spot for serious reinforcements, although seeing as we paid a fee for him, I assume we are stuck with him for at least another year as I can't see mention of the length of contract we gave him
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm sure Mancini got slated for the same thing, they all have their fallibilities.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tim777 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

I'm sure Moyes has his beady eyes on him as a replacement for Vidic.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby shawzy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
phips wrote:surely the backroom staff have to override Pellers and sell this clown

We sold Savic so anythings poss :-$
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 pm

I liked how his name was booed at the start
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver