Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby Twobob » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 pm

tc6828 wrote:So all you on hear mouthing off that he made a rash challenge and cost us the tie would be praising him for his sound judgement if he let Messi through and we still lost by two. Don't think so, you would still be crucifying him for being too slow etc. Your all miffed that we lost and are looking for a scapegoat. You are all supposed to be City supporters, then start showing some loyalty to all 11 players.

Who cares what people would have said on here - we'd have had a better chance ti get something out if the game with 11 men wouldn't we?
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby tc6828 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Twobob wrote:
tc6828 wrote:So all you on hear mouthing off that he made a rash challenge and cost us the tie would be praising him for his sound judgement if he let Messi through and we still lost by two. Don't think so, you would still be crucifying him for being too slow etc. Your all miffed that we lost and are looking for a scapegoat. You are all supposed to be City supporters, then start showing some loyalty to all 11 players.

Who cares what people would have said on here - we'd have had a better chance ti get something out if the game with 11 men wouldn't we?

I'll try a different tack. Would all the slaters of Demi be still as vociferous if we had won 4-2 with ten men for 40 mins. Doubt it. My point is we, me included are all miffed that we lost. However, not everyone is willing to blame it all on one man. Fingers could be pointed in several other directions
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby Twobob » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 pm

tc6828 wrote: I'll try a different tack. Would all the slaters of Demi be still as vociferous if we had won 4-2 with ten men for 40 mins. Doubt it. My point is we, me included are all miffed that we lost. However, not everyone is willing to blame it all on one man. Fingers could be pointed in several other directions

If it was a one off then maybe so, but from the first few games he played for us quite a few people picked up on his trade mark 'lunge' as a liability even when we had won games comfortably - it still is a liability.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 pm

tc6828 wrote:
I'll try a different tack. Would all the slaters of Demi be still as vociferous if we had won 4-2 with ten men for 40 mins. Doubt it. My point is we, me included are all miffed that we lost. However, not everyone is willing to blame it all on one man. Fingers could be pointed in several other directions

I've always thought that Demich is a good bench warming , very experienced player that could come on in the second half to help close a game out for us. Nothing more. Does that help you ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bayblue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 pm

tc6828 wrote: I'll try a different tack. Would all the slaters of Demi be still as vociferous if we had won 4-2 with ten men for 40 mins. Doubt it. My point is we, me included are all miffed that we lost. However, not everyone is willing to blame it all on one man. Fingers could be pointed in several other directions

After the Chelsea game I wanted Joleon to start as I thought he deserved it after that performance, so I suppose I could be biased.
However, in defence of Demi I thought he played well.
He read the game well, he anticipated well. He didn't always use the ball well but neither did many players for the first fifteen minutes and neither did Joleon when he came on.
It's unfair to make him the scapegoat. I made Vinny my MoM but he was also at fault for the goal.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby tc6828 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Twobob wrote:

If it was a one off then maybe so, but from the first few games he played for us quite a few people picked up on his trade mark 'lunge' as a liability even when we had won games comfortably - it still is a liability.

Same as Joe Hart then, and Micah, and Gael etc etc
tc6828

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I suppose it's hard to argue that he's not a liability.He has rarely had a game where he could be deemed defensively sound but he was doing a good job against Barcelona before the foul on the edge of the box.One of his better traits is that he can usually pass the ball around quite well but on a couple of occasions he needlessly gifted the ball back to Barcelona.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm

After every game he plays the common theme amongst posters is "up until then he had played well" or "I thought he was having a good game until". I don't trust him, the majority at the ground doesn't trust him and most damning of all Vinny doesn't trust him. Unfortunately the only man that does trust him is the one man that matters and that will cost us, make no mistake.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:20 am

Green & Blue wrote:I suppose it's hard to argue that he's not a liability.He has rarely had a game where he could be deemed defensively sound but he was doing a good job against Barcelona before the foul on the edge of the box.One of his better traits is that he can usually pass the ball around quite well but on a couple of occasions he needlessly gifted the ball back to Barcelona.

More than a couple. He did it regularly until he went off.

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:After every game he plays the common theme amongst posters is "up until then he had played well" or "I thought he was having a good game until". I don't trust him, the majority at the ground doesn't trust him and most damning of all Vinny doesn't trust him. Unfortunately the only man that does trust him is the one man that matters and that will cost us, make no mistake.

And that's the problem. So many of the goals we have conceded directly involve Demichelis. It's become a joke to fans of other clubs; they see him as a comedy character who is helping keep City at bay.

Trouble is we have found ourselves in a style of play that doesn't suit the Kompany/Lescott partnership, with Nastasic absolutely nowhere near it. It's more than just the fact that we attack; it's a new system of everything.

Demichelis is the only bloke who knows it, but can't actually do it for 90 mins. The rest aren't used to it & are struggling to adapt. We have been largely getting away with it but sometimes get found out.

The answer is that we probbly have to continue to score plenty of goals for the rest of this season; otherwise we will most likely win fuck all. It's unlikely we are going to become a tight defensive unit this season. Our best defence, is to have the ball.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby tc6828 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:24 am

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:After every game he plays the common theme amongst posters is "up until then he had played well" or "I thought he was having a good game until". I don't trust him, the majority at the ground doesn't trust him and most damning of all Vinny doesn't trust him. Unfortunately the only man that does trust him is the one man that matters and that will cost us, make no mistake.

Well. We have someone on the inside reporting, I didn't think we had such esteemed visitors to this site. Was it during a training break that Vinny had a quiet word with you to say he dosen't trust Demi, or were you over at his house one night for a post match barbie? Perhaps if you give us an incy wincy clue as to the validity of that statement, people might believe it, and more importantly, you.

As for the majority of the ground", well if you mean on the forum, you don't have the majority vote, or did you pick a specific match and speak to every individual in conducting your survey? If you mean the team, was it during a team chat when Demi slipped out for a piss because they would be too embarrased to say it in front of him?

The man that does trust him has a far superior football brain than the sum of the individuals who frequent this site, and if he trusts him, so should we.

If Demi is past his best (which I wouldn't argue against), he doesn't go out with the intention of "oh, I'll shaft the team today", he goes out and does the best to his ability. If that ability isn't up to the standards we need, that his not his fault

So, again to summarise. You are trying to gain more support for the lets stick the knife into Demi by throwing out stupid statements that you cannot conceivably qualify. Bottom line is we lost a match because of a series of events that went against us leading to the first goal, Demi just happened to be at the end of the chain. No wait, its Joe's fault cause he never saved the penalty.
tc6828

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 am

tc6828 wrote:

Well. We have someone on the inside reporting, I didn't think we had such esteemed visitors to this site. Was it during a training break that Vinny had a quiet word with you to say he dosen't trust Demi, or were you over at his house one night for a post match barbie? Perhaps if you give us an incy wincy clue as to the validity of that statement, people might believe it, and more importantly, you.

As for the majority of the ground", well if you mean on the forum, you don't have the majority vote, or did you pick a specific match and speak to every individual in conducting your survey? If you mean the team, was it during a team chat when Demi slipped out for a piss because they would be too embarrased to say it in front of him?

The man that does trust him has a far superior football brain than the sum of the individuals who frequent this site, and if he trusts him, so should we.

If Demi is past his best (which I wouldn't argue against), he doesn't go out with the intention of "oh, I'll shaft the team today", he goes out and does the best to his ability. If that ability isn't up to the standards we need, that his not his fault

So, again to summarise. You are trying to gain more support for the lets stick the knife into Demi by throwing out stupid statements that you cannot conceivably qualify. Bottom line is we lost a match because of a series of events that went against us leading to the first goal, Demi just happened to be at the end of the chain. No wait, its Joe's fault cause he never saved the penalty.

That's a really stupid post. 'The manager can't be wrong, stop talking about it'. Ridiculous.

He doesn't play like shit on purpose. Well I should fucking hope not.

Demichelis doesn't work for us, he works for City. He doesn't get people from here turning up at his fucking house telling him he is shit. We have no baring on it; we are just discussing it.

We are discussing the pros & cons of City. That's why we are here. If people think Demichelis is shit, or brilliant, they are entitled to argue that point. If you can't handle people discussing City's players on a City forum, go away, you are of no use to anybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby tc6828 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:01 am

No problems with discussing it. Making statements that the club Captain has stated Demi is a liability is another thing. If the poster confirms that, I will wind my kneck in.
tc6828

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:27 pm

From my point of view, I don't think Vinnie's happy with either Nasti or Demi.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I also think Kompany needs to be a bit more careful with these marauding forward runs with the ball. They look great when they come off and he beats a couple of men but he looks a tit when he gets tackled and puts us in danger and either him or someone else has to take a booking for the team.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I also think Kompany needs to be a bit more careful with these marauding forward runs with the ball. They look great when they come off and he beats a couple of men but he looks a tit when he gets tackled and puts us in danger and either him or someone else has to take a booking for the team.

Only about one time in ten, does one of his marauding runs end up with City in a better position than when he started it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:From my point of view, I don't think Vinnie's happy with either Nasti or Demi.

I bet Demi is not happy with Vinnie for palying messi on...food for thought!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:From my point of view, I don't think Vinnie's happy with either Nasti or Demi.

If Vinny had been ten yards further forward, Demichelis still wouldn't have known where Messi was.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If Vinny had been ten yards further forward, Demichelis still wouldn't have known where Messi was.

True , but my point being that Vinnie gets away with a lot of justifiable criticism that should be aimed at him and Demi probably feels the same.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
True , but my point being that Vinnie gets away with a lot of justifiable criticism that should be aimed at him and Demi probably feels the same.

Probably because some posters have been diverting attention from Kompany's (and Nasty's) shortcomings by throwing abuse at Lescott for every slight slip-up. Wouldn't you say?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

True.

But that's because you have already told everybody it was down to Lescott.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum