Demichelis - A Liability?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demichelis - A Liability?

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think a lot of people understand what you're saying but it's difficult to admit your opinion was possibly wrong. It was noted very early o i this game that there was no need to pass the ball but to at least get it back up the field. Demi consistently passed/hoofed the ball back to them and didn't give us the break we needed. At least Lescott would've hoofed it into Row 10 or back to their keeper, giving us that extra time to regroup.

I don't blame Demi though, he's told what to do, just a shame he hasn't got a left foot when he plays there.

Are you implying he was their twelfth man ?

:-)
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Liability? he is gone way beyond than that. We have a few difficult away games in the league. If he plays in them we will most likely lose. Pellers is the one to blame though. His blind faith in him is costing us big time. He's nowhere near tonights level, nowhere near it. If Pellers can't get his head around that we're in trouble make no mistake. I didn't think Kolorovs selection was inspired either.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby bigblue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 pm

He had some great tackles on messi and basically shut him down before he was sent off. Dont let the red card tint the rest of his performance too negatively.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Twobob » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Yes
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Is it a trick question?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Breks » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Kompany was out of position so demi had to try and catch messi. What else could he do? Let hin through on goal? Was outside the box so it was a shit decision anyway.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby SkyBlueSteve » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:28 pm

reckless challenge you can say what you like about the ref's decisions for Navas freekick or it being outside the box but he has to take responsibility for making that decision, i would rather messi score and us keep 11 players on the pitch. Running to catch up, tackle from behind there was only one outcome!

Saying that i cant fault how we played with 10 men i thought the majority of the team played with a lot of heart after that, creating a few (all be it small) chances to equalise and its unfortunate that we go to camp nou with a 2 goal deficit.
SkyBlueSteve
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Athletico let him go farrrrrrrrr to easily for my liking.

I honestly would have prefered Messi to run through and (Maybe) score past Joe rather than play for all the second half down to ten.

any reasonable footballer would want the same thing. He knew he was rash and should have just let Joe produce an amazing save or let him score the goal.

1-0 most likely either way and i would wager on Joe to stop that shot more than the pen.

Don't most defenders have that kind of thinking baked into their backbone after 20+ years of playing this game?

Complete crap.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 pm

I actually thought he did OK for 50 minutes or so. Although bizarrely, his passing was all over the place which was surely the reason for him being picked in the first place.

However, either let Messi keep going and probably score, but we carry on with 11 players or pull him down outside the area and take the card but leave them with a difficult chance. Giving away the penalty and taking the red card was ridiculous. The sort of thing I'd expect from a rookie, not an experienced pro
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:45 pm

kennyboy wrote:I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.
A shame we didn't buy a real quality CB in the Jan market.

This. Its his fucking mate from when they worked together. Utter shit and slow.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby aaron bond » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 am

It's been a fear of mine all season, but there increasingly is a risk that Pellegrini's refusal to play our strongest centre back pairing could cost us the league.

Both Demichelis and Nastasic are out of their depth in our squad and should not be playing. It's clear when Lescott plays that we are a stronger unit at the back, and Kompany generally performs better too.

I know Lescott looks uncomfortable on the ball, but Demichelis' passing is pretty lousy, and Kompany's maurauding runs and stepovers usually lead to him giving the ball away (yet quite incredibly he is applauded for it). None of our defenders are particularly great at passing in terms of setting up attacks, but their passing accuracy stats are all quite similar, so using this to knock Lescott is wrong.

At this moment, Kompany-Lescott is our only option. Put these 2 together and that will offer our best chance of success this season. Then we search for another good centre back in the summer (or 2 if we incorrectly let Lescott leave).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:17 am

Demichelis is a fine center half for Wolverhampton. For Man City in the CL, nope.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby branny » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:02 am

Kompany was out of position and it was he who played Messi onside. Dumb from Demichelis though.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 am

You would have thought dick n trick might have said something now to pellers that his OAP mate isn't good enough. Its been apparent since his first game.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:34 am

He is better than Savic!

And i prefer him to Nasty!

but hes not better than lescott.

He would be a grand 4th choice centre half for emergencies but not as a starter in the big games.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 am

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:Liability? he is gone way beyond than that. We have a few difficult away games in the league. If he plays in them we will most likely lose. Pellers is the one to blame though. His blind faith in him is costing us big time. He's nowhere near tonights level, nowhere near it. If Pellers can't get his head around that we're in trouble make no mistake. I didn't think Kolorovs selection was inspired either.

+1
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby bayblue » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Just a thought....

If MDM had been the one horribly out of position last night and Vinny the one who made a challenge outside the box that was wrongly given as a penalty then I wonder what the most common opinion would be? Whose was the greater fault, the one out of position or the one making the last ditch tackle that was wrongly dealt with?
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:29 pm

bayblue wrote:Just a thought....

If MDM had been the one horribly out of position last night and Vinny the one who made a challenge outside the box that was wrongly given as a penalty then I wonder what the most common opinion would be? Whose was the greater fault, the one out of position or the one making the last ditch tackle that was wrongly dealt with?

According to Martin Keown, it's Demichelis. He was technically in the wrong position.

To me, they were both fucking useless in that incident.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby kennyboy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
kennyboy wrote:I think he is a friend of Pellegrini, he is nowhere good enough and today cost us a place in CL.
A shame we didn't buy a real quality CB in the Jan market.

This. Its his fucking mate from when they worked together. Utter shit and slow.

Iam afraid we see the same thing about Garcia, but have to admit he put in a good performance against Chelsea.
Players to replace for me is: Demi, Garc, Lesc, Rodw allso tempted to say Kola and Dzek.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

suitably edited with a spoiler as its the S*N and not for general consumption, click at our own risk (WW)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum