Silva's (somewhat improved) shooting ability

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva's (lack of) shooting ability

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Absolute anomaly.

But see what happens when he gets a shot off the ground? He usually passes it along the pitch as a shot
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

ashton287 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 swallow doesn't make a summer but that was class
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:37 pm

ashton287 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure what's so hilarious.
He obviously can shoot and get power behind his shots but very rarely does.
One goal doesn't solve the problem.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Since 92 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:45 pm

I personally think the fact be can score spectacular goals, like today, makes his decisions to try and pass in opportunities more frustrating.
Blue Since 92
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: James Milner

Postby The Original Special One » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:56 pm

David Silva was busy; although he really needs to practice his shooting skills, because he's undoing so much of his own good work by tepid finishing.

Sounds like Merlin had pointed out to him the comment i made on the Barca game thread! :)
And couldn't have come at a better time!
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:24 pm

So there's the proof.

He hasn't got glass ankles or anything else, just doesn't shoot.

Perhaps now he will ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PrezIke » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:01 pm

well, it was a great strike, and a great game from him...

but, he did also pass up a good opportunity to shoot at one point where he probably should have taken it.

he showed us something with that long shot today, but we can see he prefers to pass the ball for obvious reasons. he's just not built like someone, versus nasri who appears physically stronger, who would want to take a lot of shots on goal unless he has no other option or is given a blatant opportunity.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:50 pm

It just makes it more baffling as to why he doesn't shoot more often.
Can anyone else remember him powering in a shot from outside the area before?
If he keeps doing it he won't be far off Messi and Ronaldo. He could be that good.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby ashton287 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Blue Since 92 wrote:I personally think the fact be can score spectacular goals, like today, makes his decisions to try and pass in opportunities more frustrating.

No doubt it's frustrating.

But he wouldn't be as good at building the attack as he is if passing wasn't first and foremost in his mind.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:59 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Blue Since 92 wrote:I personally think the fact be can score spectacular goals, like today, makes his decisions to try and pass in opportunities more frustrating.

But he wouldn't be as good at building the attack as he is if passing wasn't first and foremost in his mind.

I don't see what that has to do with it.
There are several times when space opens up and he should shoot which he clearly is capable of but opts for a pass that doesn't come off.
It's the one weak area of his game.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:13 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
ashton287 wrote:

I don't see what that has to do with it.
There are several times when space opens up and he should shoot which he clearly is capable of but opts for a pass that doesn't come off.
It's the one weak area of his game.

He also needs to work on his heading, particularly defensively, and his right foot.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby simplytolmie » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 am

It makes it worse for me when he pulls a goal like that out today. I get sick of him passing a shot into defenders legs or trickling to the keeper.

We as a team don't shoot enough from outside the box we have the arsenal disease.

But then he pulls a worldy out like that and it drives me mad. Shoot more be better!!
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Slim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:31 am

One swallow...
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:07 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:He also needs to work on his heading, particularly defensively, and his right foot.

Brilliant
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:39 am

Original Dub wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:He also needs to work on his heading, particularly defensively, and his right foot.

Brilliant

Cheers. I liked it, I have to say.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:23 pm

When there are no strikers he seems to take more responsibility, break into the box more and as he showed today, he can finish! I know I harp on about it, but if he adds regular goals to his game, he really will be up there with anyone. Hopefully he can follow toure and develop a late knack for goal scoring in his twilight years
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:When there are no strikers he seems to take more responsibility, break into the box more and as he showed today, he can finish! I know I harp on about it, but if he adds regular goals to his game, he really will be up there with anyone. Hopefully he can follow toure an develop a late knack for goal scoring in his twilight years

The thing is, we brought Dave in to feed the goals and if he scores it's a bonus. We've scored how many goals of the last couple of seasons because of Silva's influence and the only way you can change that is by asking him to pass to himself to score the goal.

Dave Silva is a team player and looks for better options rather than possibly fluffing a goal. I say he knows what he's good at, and I agree with him.

I wonder what his assist and strike rate are compared to other playmakers?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:When there are no strikers he seems to take more responsibility, break into the box more and as he showed today, he can finish! I know I harp on about it, but if he adds regular goals to his game, he really will be up there with anyone. Hopefully he can follow toure an develop a late knack for goal scoring in his twilight years

The thing is, we brought Dave in to feed the goals and if he scores it's a bonus. We've scored how many goals of the last couple of seasons because of Silva's influence and the only way you can change that is by asking him to pass to himself to score the goal.

Dave Silva is a team player and looks for better options rather than possibly fluffing a goal. I say he knows what he's good at, and I agree with him.

Since joining City, no one has made more assists. Though we'd like him to score more his strike rate isn't too shabby and like Beefy says, he is there to make and create chances.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Silva does look for his strikers often when a shot might be on but there is no doubt imo and as BRF said that he looks to get into goal scoring positions more , and he does it well, when we are lacking strikers.. Such a brilliant player
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:55 am

Magic!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum