Glory Hunters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Glory Hunters

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

trout man wrote:I think Breks you are having a bit of a breakdown mate. I can't honestly believe that the vitriol you have spouted in this thread is a windup as it ain't remotely funny and I can't for one minute believe anyone on here would be as warped as your views convey. Take a deep breath, get some help and try a bit of mindfulness, works wonders. Good luck with the therapy.

Did therapy work for you?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm in the middle east........but am going to my first City game in over a year at the Nou Camp....am I a glory hunter?

Your judgement means the world to me
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:26 pm

I have been thinking about this (a mistake I know) and come to the conclusion that a Glory Hunter is defined not by when he or she became a City fan, but by his/her reaction to losing. The people who annoy me are those who think the whole structure and personnel of the club need changing whenever we lose. New fans who can deal with defeat like a veteran should be made welcome.

I hope this does not set off another slanging match, it is not intended to.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I have been thinking about this (a mistake I know) and come to the conclusion that a Glory Hunter is defined not by when he or she became a City fan, but by his/her reaction to losing. The people who annoy me are those who think the whole structure and personnel of the club need changing whenever we lose. New fans who can deal with defeat like a veteran should be made welcome.

I go radio rental whenever we lose...even back in the 80,s I used to cry.

I now just spit at the plasma when things dont go our way.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I have been thinking about this (a mistake I know) and come to the conclusion that a Glory Hunter is defined not by when he or she became a City fan, but by his/her reaction to losing. The people who annoy me are those who think the whole structure and personnel of the club need changing whenever we lose. New fans who can deal with defeat like a veteran should be made welcome.

Dunno, some people just feel the need to vent at times. The emotion is part of what makes the game great, the different emotions two people can feel is the same reason why some though Mancini was a bit of a cunt and some could see him do no wrong.

In business, it's often the fear of failure and the desire to put it right that drives organizations on to greater success and football is little different. Those businesses who manage a calm, rational response to setbacks are generally (but not always) more successful than those who make a knee jerk reaction, and its because its not always the rational response that is best, that you shouldn't just dismiss someone's opinion because it is in the heat of the moment - the underlying sentiment of a rant may be perfectly right.

For me, a glory hunter is purely and simply a Johnny-come-lately, who has had several other loves and will have several in the future.

But as a slight exception, those who sign up to a city forum are unlikely to be glory hunters, because their interest in the club runs more deep and therefore I'd argue that nobody on these pages can be a glory hunter simply because they engage in more than just basking in the glory of results.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote: I go radio rental whenever we lose...even back in the 80,s I used to cry. I now just spit at the plasma when things dont go our way.

Yes that's reasonable; it's the 'sack the board' stuff that gets I my Goater; that should only be used once a decade.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Breks wrote:
trout man wrote:I think Breks you are having a bit of a breakdown mate. I can't honestly believe that the vitriol you have spouted in this thread is a windup as it ain't remotely funny and I can't for one minute believe anyone on here would be as warped as your views convey. Take a deep breath, get some help and try a bit of mindfulness, works wonders. Good luck with the therapy.

Did therapy work for you?

We all need a bit if therapy from time to time, sometimes a good mate is enough and other times it needs a bit more focus. You just seem really pissed off to the point where it is coming across as being angry in the extreme. I know that feeling and it's a shit existence.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby trout man » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Breks wrote:

I've supported City properly since 1996. I would love us to win the league cup.

You've only supported City since Swales died? Gloryhunter! ;-)

ruralblue

Just realised Ruralblue, it was you who pushed him over the edge in a previous thread, my god man, were you out of your Vulcan mind? I hope you are proud of what you have created/destroyed
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 pm

trout man wrote:
We all need a bit if therapy from time to time, sometimes a good mate is enough and other times it needs a bit more focus. You just seem really pissed off to the point where it is coming across as being angry in the extreme. I know that feeling and it's a shit existence.

Hear hear
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm a glory hunter these days as I go when I can afford it ie: The cup match versus Watford myself and my youngest son went for 20 quid ticket cost and about 20 drinks and a programme.Oh but I forgot to mention the thousands I have spent over the years when we were shit following City.In short glory hunters are going to fill the stadium in the coming years a fact we have to get used to.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:15 pm

gillie wrote:I'm a glory hunter these days as I go when I can afford it ie: The cup match versus Watford myself and my youngest son went for 20 quid ticket cost and about 20 drinks and a programme.Oh but I forgot to mention the thousands I have spent over the years when we were shit following City.In short glory hunters are going to fill the stadium in the coming years a fact we have to get used to.

By your own admission your not the type of glory hunter I'm referring to.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Jorgobot » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:35 am

Oh so xenophobia is alright but not homophobia?
Jorgobot
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Date I say it? Ronaldo!?

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:48 am

Jorgobot wrote:Oh so xenophobia is alright but not homophobia?

Yes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tony P » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 am

Rather a glory supporter than an internet troll. Hashtag just sayin'
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:42 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote: I go radio rental whenever we lose...even back in the 80,s I used to cry. I now just spit at the plasma when things dont go our way.

Yes that's reasonable; it's the 'sack the board' stuff that gets I my Goater; that should only be used once a decade.

Is it sad that city losing can have a significant bearing on my week or day, it can affect sleep and what I may eat. I can recall being spoken to by a red after the carling cup semi loss a few seasons ago and he said to me that I looked like someone had died in my family, he then said he didn't have the heart to to throw some banter my way. I hope I'm not alone in feeling this way.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby AG7 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:04 am

Sister of fu wrote: Is it sad that city losing can have a significant bearing on my week or day, it can affect sleep and what I may eat. I can recall being spoken to by a red after the carling cup semi loss a few seasons ago and he said to me that I looked like someone had died in my family, he then said he didn't have the heart to to throw some banter my way. I hope I'm not alone in feeling this way.

My week's been shit ... all of the above sis and a few more ... stupid thing with me is I can't work or do anything (concentration lapse) the whole of next day or two even ... and that screws up my whole week ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby sidSmith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:32 am

Wow. Entertaining enough on a lazy Saturday morning. Interesting topic too considering we generally field 1 English player in Hart.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby AG7 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 am

sidSmith wrote:Wow. Entertaining enough on a lazy Saturday morning. Interesting topic too considering we generally field 1 English player in Hart.

... and are managed by a South American at first team level, by a French at kids level, owned by Arabs, run by Spaniards ... but if fans come from India, China or London ... oh, no, they've got to be Mancs only and should have supported the club for at least 20 years to qualify in some one's eyes ... oh, wait didn't he himself say he's been supporting City from 1996 in another thread? so let's revise that 20 year criteria to say 18 ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby sidSmith » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:42 am

AG7 wrote: ... and are managed by a South American at first team level, by a French at kids level, owned by Arabs, run by Spaniards ... but if fans come from India, China or London ... oh, no, they've got to be Mancs only and should have supported the club for at least 20 years to qualify in some one's eyes ... oh, wait didn't he himself say he's been supporting City from 1996 in another thread? so let's revise that 20 year criteria to say 18 ...

You're talking bollocks, the troll isn't a day over 13...
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:45 am

Those foreigners weren't mocking the songs Breks, they were mocking you. Even a thick danny dago can spot an unitentionally hilarious bellend when they see one.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum