Nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nastasic

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Not a knee-jerk thread based on tonight. But he just is a bit poo isn't he? Never closes down, always stands off, whimps out of challenges, shit in the air, and when he does for once dare try to DEFEND, he just gives unnecessary free-kicks away in dangerous areas.

He looks composed on the ball and has got a cool twatty haircut, though.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Nastasic

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 pm

He is no Lescott.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 pm

I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want him in the side ahead of Lescott, and that's not based on tonight, its been no different the last few seasons

And before anyone plays the passing bullshit, Lescotts pass completion this season is 88%, Nastasic is 90 - so if it comes down to who can defend, Nastasic shouldn't be anywhere near the team ahead of Lescott

Demichelis is also 88% incidentally and the point stands for Lescott to be ahead of him too
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Hardly played in the last couple of months so can't really blame him for his shocking performance tonight. Central defensive partnerships require time playing together to work properly and we haven't had that this season. We certainly need a new central defender in the summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Lee_R » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Hes definitely not at the level he is/was capable of.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 pm

We won the fucking league with a pairing of Komps and Lescott but for some unknown reason the season after Bobby decided it was'nt the right partnership and Joleon has'nt really had a look in since.Travesty imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 pm

We should have bought Cahill at the time he left Bolton, I mean 6 mill! What did we give for them two savic and nasti...... Beggars belief. Massive fuck up.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm

gillie wrote:We won the fucking league with a pairing of Komps and Lescott but for some unknown reason the season after Bobby decided it was'nt the right partnership and Joleon has'nt really had a look in since.Travesty imo.

I do not think lescott is the long term answer, although at the moment I would have in there instead of nasti who is having a mare.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 pm

As a young player when he arrived, he looked very raw, but talented. He's gone backwards.

Lescott could play the same bad balls back to Hart, but at least he can defend
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:As a young player when he arrived, he looked very raw, but talented. He's gone backwards.

Lescott could play the same bad balls back to Hart, but at least he can defend

Exactly mate the yellow card he got was naive defending to say the least "would Lescott have been turned like he was"?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 pm

I have never seen any of this talent which so many people have talked about on here.

I have been asking since day one for someone to tell me exactly what it is, that he's supposed to be good at. He has no pace, can't read the game, can't really tackle, can't jump, isn't especially strong; he's not even good at fouling. When has any of that been different ? Last season, he got skinned alive by any fucker who ran at him, & outjumped by anyone who challenged him.

For some reason, people couldn't see it then but are noticing it now. Nothing has changed; he has always been like that. Only City fans seem not to notice.

It's not just me who saw it; I asked neutrals & even rags, just in case I was missing something. Not found one person who rates him. Two Christmasses ago, I saw some rag mates I haven't seen for years & we discussed the likely outcome of that season; they were saying we didn't look solid anymore & were wondering why the fuck we had destroyed the Lescott/Vinny partnership for 'that fuckin' whatsisname; he's shit'. All I could do was agree completely.

Not only is he a non entity defensively, but also on the ball. He can make the occasional decent pass, but most of the time, he just passes it simple or back to the keeper. He doesn't open teams up or find angles; he just does exactly what Lescott does, apart from Lescott also can tackle, anticipate & head the ball, which Nastasic does barely at all.

He is nearly 21 now & age is still an excuse but if he's really that good, he will need to have one fucking amazing year, because if he's the same at 22, he won't be worth even 10% of what we paid for him. There are equaly average players of 22, all over Europe, going cheap.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I have never seen any of this talent which so many people have talked about on here.

I have been asking since day one for someone to tell me exactly what it is, that he's supposed to be good at. He has no pace, can't read the game, can't really tackle, can't jump, isn't especially strong; he's not even good at fouling. When has any of that been different ? Last season, he got skinned alive by any fucker who ran at him, & outjumped by anyone who challenged him.

For some reason, people couldn't see it then but are noticing it now. Nothing has changed; he has always been like that. Only City fans seem not to notice.

It's not just me who saw it; I asked neutrals & even rags, just in case I was missing something. Not found one person who rates him. Two Christmasses ago, I saw some rag mates I haven't seen for years & we discussed the likely outcome of that season; they were saying we didn't look solid anymore & were wondering why the fuck we had destroyed the Lescott/Vinny partnership for 'that fuckin' whatsisname; he's shit'. All I could do was agree completely.

Not only is he a non entity defensively, but also on the ball. He can make the occasional decent pass, but most of the time, he just passes it simple or back to the keeper. He doesn't open teams up or find angles; he just does exactly what Lescott does, apart from Lescott also can tackle, anticipate & head the ball, which Nastasic does barely at all.

He is nearly 21 now & age is still an excuse but if he's really that good, he will need to have one fucking amazing year, because if he's the same at 22, he won't be worth even 10% of what we paid for him. There are equaly average players of 22, all over Europe, going cheap.

He has gone backwards and I agree that we need to sell him on this summer , there again we need to sell Lescott, as well as one or 2 others.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goataldo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:08 am

He was unsurprisingly unimpressive. Was gutted to see him in the starting line-up.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:12 am

He got bullied by Oscar..... enough said
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I have never seen any of this talent which so many people have talked about on here.

He was 19 when he arrived and looked composed on the ball, even if he did do stupid things. Now he's two years older, has lost all composure on the ball and still does stupid things - usually hacking down players on the edge of the box once he's let them go past him.

There's a difference between a 19 year old with potential who's trying to find his way in a difficult new league and a piss poor defender. Unfortunately, we've now got the latter
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 am

Agree with all of that. I've thought the same since we bought him.

A truly abysmal player.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He has gone backwards and I agree that we need to sell him on this summer , there again we need to sell Lescott, as well as one or 2 others.

I don't understand why we don't just keep Lescott & use him as we are doing now, but sign a young, genuinely talented partner for Kompany. If Lescott was at any of the other top 5 or 6 clubs, they would just keep him on as a reliable safeguard for the squad, who can happily play 'x' number of games in the season.

The way we play now, we need someone fast as fuck in the back 4, & if we want a 'ball player' there, that should also be that player, & Vinny, or Lescott if Vinny goes missing again, should be the bloke who looks after them.

If Nastasic is to make it, he should have to earn the shirt on merit, not just have it handed to him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:41 am

The fact that demi plays so much goes to show that he isn't a stop gap in peller mind. Probably had a bromance with him on the Spanish beaches.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 am

Goataldo wrote:He was unsurprisingly unimpressive. Was gutted to see him in the starting line-up.

I was also gutted to see him starting.Can't remember the last time I felt he had a really good game.He always looks like he's capable of giving away needless fouls.He's a really worry if he's playing regularly.To be honest I'm just fucked off with the fact we seemingly still have no settled partner for Kompany.It needs sorting as priority this summer.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 am

If he was actually made to earn his spot based on defending he may have improved during his stay. Picking him ahead of a clearly better defender doesn't actually scream "you need to work on this" does it?
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum