Nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nastasic

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:17 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If he was actually made to earn his spot based on defending he may have improved during his stay. Picking him ahead of a clearly better defender doesn't actually scream "you need to work on this" does it?

Both when we signed Savic & then Nastasic, each time I was expecting to see a young player who was dominant in the air & quick on the ground, who could be moulded into the cb we need. When I first saw Savic in a friendly, he looked shite at everything, Nastasic in a friendly looked more compsed. It was hard to tell if he had those physical attributes but at least he was better than Savic.

Once it became apparent he lacked those abilities, imo, he needed to show something special to make up for it. I can't see any evidence of that at all. If he has something special in his armoury, he keeps it well hidden.

Right now, I would say Savic, in Italy, is actually better than him at most aspects of defending. Unfortunately, he still makes stupid fucking random, comedy mistakes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 am

Nastasic is garbage
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 am

I saw enough last season to remain hopeful now. He's not had a run of games alongside Kompany yet this season. Once he gets that under his belt, I'm sure he'll/we'll be fine.

Lescott is better and should still be first choice at LCB but I'm not gonna use that as a stick with which to beat the kid.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I saw enough last season to remain hopeful now. He's not had a run of games alongside Kompany yet this season. Once he gets that under his belt, I'm sure he'll/we'll be fine. Lescott is better and should still be first choice at LCB but I'm not gonna use that as a stick with which to beat the kid.

What did you see that I didn't?

He's a repeat offender now at getting out jumped by smaller opponents, getting skinned in 1v1, struggling with long balls and getting in vinnys way.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
What did you see that I didn't?

He's a repeat offender now at getting out jumped by smaller opponents, getting skinned in 1v1, struggling with long balls and getting in vinnys way.

Teething problems. He needs easing back into the team, not throwing in at the deep end against as good a side as Chelsea. It's harder simply to 'slot in' at CB than in any other position. He looked not 100% fit last night and a bit overwhelmed.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:27 am

Have to agree with most. He is average and would be ok as a back up so that we can rotate against lesser opposition. Not a solid performer at the moment. Lescott is probably more consistent but still not really reliable.

The management have identified this as a week area and I have faith it will be resolved.

Same in centre midfield with players there as back up who are not at all good enough.
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:40 am

makes garcia look like pele
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:40 am

Yep he hasnt delivered.
Pelligrini will have to take a good look at this squad in the summer.
A lot from a group containing Nasti, Garcia, Lescott, Boyata, Dzeko should be moved on.

Edit: Forgot Rodwell and Richards.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am

The fact that we were in big time for Mangala means the skids are under Nastasic. He hasn't improved since last year; in fact he's gone backwards.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm

I think we should slow down with this Mangala fella. What do we know about him? Nothing + he comes from a league were no one defends. Nastasic came from the italian league, where everyone defended and took a step back this year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm

One of the worst centre backs I have seen in the air. He was beaten by both Hazard AND Oscar last night. Just isn't strong enough. I don't think Vinnie's too happy with him either!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think we should slow down with this Mangala fella. What do we know about him? Nothing + he comes from a league were no one defends. Nastasic came from the italian league, where everyone defended and took a step back this year.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge what he can become, but he is clearly faster & better in the air than Nastasic, as well as probably being better in the tackle & on the ball, so the raw material is there to work with, wheras Nastasic has very little actual physical quality.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think we should slow down with this Mangala fella. What do we know about him? Nothing + he comes from a league were no one defends. Nastasic came from the italian league, where everyone defended and took a step back this year.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge what he can become, but he is clearly faster & better in the air than Nastasic, as well as probably being better in the tackle & on the ball, so the raw material is there to work with, wheras Nastasic has very little actual physical quality.

Nasti is just a name, he is far from Nasty, he is passive at times. Vinny, must have some sway with who he feels is the man for the job, Pelli applied some logic to Demi in MF he could use the same idea when looking at the size of the cunts last night. Counter attack was the danger last night, but Nasti dropping off was also the que for them to push out, thats where Kun keeps a team back and takes pressure of the likes of average Joe Nasti.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Soon as i saw nasti and no fernandinho, i knew we was gonna be looking at a difficult game, nasti is a goal waiting to happen, no composure, his heading ability is crap and posionional play shite.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I think Nastasic is not suited to be a center half. He doesn't have the built to be there, he is very thin and maybe that is why he lost all the arial duels. I saw Mangala only once, with Benfica and he was terrible.

I am not the boss, but if i were Pellers, my defensive target would be Lovren. Great body, great built, his arial game is wonderful and most of all, he will be available with not a huge fee. I think we would be safe in the back with him, rather with Mangala, Nastasic or Demichelis.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Has Subotic passed his time to make a move to another club? He has been a rock for Dortmund for years. Dunno why someone, such as the "big horse" that is City, didn't go in for him a year or two ago.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Nasti is just a name, he is far from Nasty, he is passive at times. Vinny, must have some sway with who he feels is the man for the job, Pelli applied some logic to Demi in MF he could use the same idea when looking at the size of the cunts last night. Counter attack was the danger last night, but Nasti dropping off was also the que for them to push out, thats where Kun keeps a team back and takes pressure of the likes of average Joe Nasti.

The other thing is, that Joe Hart kicked every ball long.

Nastasic is supposed to be in the side because of his ability on the ball, yet he was so dodgy that Hart won't pass it to him.

I don't believe this was the pre-game plan at all from Pellegrini. The whole club plays out from the back, even the U16s. I recon Hart was scared of Nastasic having the ball near our box & prefered to clear everyone out.

There is absolutely no point in him ever starting ahead of Lescott again if that is the case.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Nastasic is supposed to be in the side because of his ability on the ball, yet he was so dodgy that Hart won't pass it to him.

I don't believe this was the pre-game plan at all from Pellegrini. The whole club plays out from the back, even the U16s. I recon Hart was scared of Nastasic having the ball near our box & prefered to clear everyone out.

There is absolutely no point in him ever starting ahead of Lescott again if that is the case.

Thats not right Ted, Hart was forced to kick it ;long because chelsea pressed us, you could see Eto's waving at his team mates to come forward when Hart had the ball at his feet.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Thats not right Ted, Hart was forced to kick it ;long because chelsea pressed us, you could see Eto's waving at his team mates to come forward when Hart had the ball at his feet.

It won't stop Barca when teams do that, or our U16s. It might work i5/20% of the time but you can most often get a player free; it's down to whether you trust them on the ball or not. When we tried it, Nasti was shitting himself.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:05 pm

nasty was often our best defender last season...everyone conveniently forgets how shit kompany sometimes was last year, and how shit lescott has often been this year. i'm not saying nasti should be starting, but he deffo doesn't deserve the hate in this thread.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum