Its Hammer Time....Deja Vu!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Its Hammer Time....Deja Vu!

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 pm

The view from the [strike]Away[/strike] Home End

It feels like I spend more time in the WHU forum than I do on here at the moment, that cant be right! This game has stirred up a completely different set of emotions from the away fans. Any talk of the game or score quickly deteriorated into a slanging match about the pricing and the owners. I think this is completely understandable given what they are expected to pay ( see below ). Any game talk is similar to ours, around should Fat Sam play a full squad or give the youngsters a run out. I pretty much agree with our other match threads that we should take this chance to give our own young players a start. However, there is still a part of me which feels that City will always find a way to screw it up. I have to say that the ‘typical City’ mindset is slowly becoming a distant memory, and thats a wonderful thing.

As always, enjoy…

Team Selection

-----------------------------------------Adrian-----------------------

-------------------Tomkins--------Collins--------Johnson-------

Downing-------Morrison -------Noble--------Taylor----Jarvis

--------------------------------Cole----------Carroll------------------

My Favourite

god that game will be fun

And the rest…

For those that fancy it, tickets are still available

I'm predicting a 3-1 victory over a largely second string City line up in front of a crowd less than 16,000

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see how Sam motivates the players for this, and how they react. Anyway, I'd like to see him swap Downing and Jarvis over and unleash Ravel to see what happens

Given the injury crisis being at fault for our league position, won't we be playing our reserves/kids again? Although I'd expect Carroll to get a half again.

Wish I hadn't already paid for my seat now

Our youngsters will lose this 5-0.

I would expect a near full strength team.

It's a good opportunity to get Tomkins and Collins back in tandem, and a chance to give Nolan a bit of match practice. Likewise, Vaz and Carroll from the bench in the second half.

Hopefully Chambers will get a game.....and I too would like to see Downing and Jarvis get a go on their natural sides

Pointless. Don't turn up, take the default 3-0 loss.

I know it sounds really sad and horrible....until it starts hurting them in the pocket they wont change anything....but i really do hope there is less than 15k there.

Agreed I would prefer no one in the ground at all it's the only way their types would take notice.But less than a half full stadium will be embarrassing enough on live tv.

I have seen us beat far better teams than the Man City we lost to the other week.

Also I think the perceived lack of effort is not completely justified - it looked to me like they are just so much ****ing faster than we are that we weren't able to get near the ball. To the point that tackles weren't even late, we were so far behind the run of play that there wasn't even the opportunity to try and stick a boot in

I'm having a deliberate knicker-twisted drama queen moment, but, in a moment of clarity, I suddenly decided that I wanted City to win an historic quadruple, with their brilliant squad of superbly overpaid Superstars...

...and that achievement can coincide with my final and complete disconnect with top flight football.

Play up ‘Citizens'!

City could have done that first leg to anyone, club just needs to be reasonable and show a bit of understanding/appreciation to the fans. The club just doesn't get it sometimes

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Its Hammer Time....Deja Vu!

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:01 pm

cheers once again cutemancs

I cannot believe the club (WHU) are charging this.After the first leg they should have had a rethink, Sullivan and Gold are not going to get any kind of fan backing by doing this. Now is the time to try and rally the troops and not give them ammunition to turn against you. IF this was City in the same circumstance it would have been a kids for a quid game.

As for the game itself, I dont want to see any player out there who doesnt need to be.

I would go for

[center]Panti

Richards Nasti Lescott Clichy

Lopes Rodwell Milner Huws

Jovetic

Aguero[/center]
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Depends how we want to run it out with Watford.

I'd say play a mix of both first and second teamers, with Lopes and Huws in the mix for both games. Whatever combination that allows us a full strength side against Spurs.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm

I would personally like to see Pellers throw some kids in the mix for this game as its a dead rubber

I wouldnt mind seeing George Glendon, Shay Facey and Greg Leigh on the bench at least and given some time on the pitch
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I would personally like to see Pellers throw some kids in the mix for this game as its a dead rubber

I wouldnt mind seeing George Glendon, Shay Facey and Greg Leigh on the bench at least and given some time on the pitch

Have you seen Mathias Bossaerts play? I know he was injured recently and think he is back in the EDS now. Big Belgian centrehalf, we're batting .500 on them so far.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I would personally like to see Pellers throw some kids in the mix for this game as its a dead rubber

Have you seen Mathias Bossaerts play? I know he was injured recently and think he is back in the EDS now. Big Belgian centrehalf, we're batting .500 on them so far.

No I haven't, but Joe has and he likes what he has seen.

My particular Fave is the irish lad Jack Byrne, no doubt Doug and Ted could give a better insight but I just have a feeling he has what it takes.
Wonderwall

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Can see Negredo getting a rest for this and hopefully so as think he needs it. Will be interesting seeing Jovetic play some game time and fingers crossed come through it. Think he'll bring kids on in the second half.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 am

Definately rest a few. would be good to see Jovetic and Rodwell feature and come through unscathed.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby gillie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 am

CM I found this on the Watford fans forum.
http://www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =1&t=57136
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CuteMancs » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 am

Cheers Gillie...not home at the moment, but I will check later, and post the view on Friday
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:02 pm

wheres CM gone?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus