Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Ruining women's football now as well.

It's just shocking.

Lots of digs flying around directed as us but you know what, we don't care. It makes us stronger and more together. In the long term like with the men's team people will see what the club are doing for women's football. It's unbelievable, so all you blues with daughters that play football, you now have a team that they can aspire to play for. Gutted I'm not 20 years younger.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby frankswift » Mon May 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Tell you what, it was a great game. Can't wait for the next time City play down here. It's the first women's match I've been to, and it didn't disappoint.

My daughter was especially chuffed to get to meet Sis - thanks Andie! She's currently sticking it to her Arsenal schoolmates.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 19, 2014 10:20 pm

frankswift wrote:Tell you what, it was a great game. Can't wait for the next time City play down here. It's the first women's match I've been to, and it didn't disappoint.

My daughter was especially chuffed to get to meet Sis - thanks Andie! She's currently sticking it to her Arsenal schoolmates.

Just so good to hear that. Looking forward to Wednesday's game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr fu » Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 21, 2014 8:59 pm

mr fu wrote:Image

Doesn't get much better does it!

Impressed by the girls tonight and impressed with Nick Cushing for his calmness in the early defeats and now it's clear to see all the work starting to pay off. Hard to fault anyone in a very good all round performance but a special mention for me for Jill Scott.She got MotM and fully deserved it for an immense effort through the whole 90 minutes topped off with a very calm well taken goal early in the 2nd half.

I thought Emma Lipman did well at left back closing down and tackling very well to stifle their right wing.She isn't fast Emma so she just doesn't let them gather the ball in the first place.Krystle Johnson also for great effort and a goal.Betsy Hasseett was MotM last time these 2 teams played and this time she was marked in the middle and closed down very quickly but she never stopped working and started to shine again in the 2nd half.

It really is starting to come together and if you haven't been yet you are missing something good.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Waz » Wed May 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Headed there myself tonight to see City Women do the business - although I wasn't as lucky as Sister of Fu to be sat with the legend that is The Goat!

You can tell it's starting to come together nicely all round - very organised, and options at all times to give someone to pass to and keep moves going or keep the ball. Once the game settled and City were starting to boss it a bit, Steph Houghton's free kick had to be well saved by Rachel Brown-Finnis in the Everton goal, although I think she couldn't have done much about the wicked deflection from Krystle Johnston's shot that led to the opening goal (I wonder if she'll claim it as the official site gives it as an OG?)

Jill Scott was a deserved player of the match - she worked tirelessly, put in some very good clean tackles in to win the ball, and the goal she scored was a rather exquisite little lob which was executed superbly. She was unlucky at the end not to score another goal at the end as her shot hit the side netting, but as the game also wore on and players tired, Betsy Hassett was getting more space and being able to use it rather well.

I was sat close to Toni Duggan's grandad for the second half - he was really getting behind all of the players and giving them lots of praise and support, not just Toni - great to see.

Things are coming together nicely and coming into a break for the next few weeks, perfect to leave on a win. Definitely well worth going along to if you've not done so already.

And some pics too! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers ... 369976999/
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 am

You can now see the fruits of our labour. It has taken time as it does but we have not panicked at any point. We have had a few lows but the highs defiantly out weigh them. Its been a great three weeks and we now have something to build on.

Nick has stuck to his guns and you can why with the way we are now playing. We want to have an identity to the way we play which is the "city way" and I think those who have seen us will agree that we are good to watch and play the game in the right way.

Due to my injury I have been doing a little bit of the media work and last night got to sit with the Goat. What a lovely guy. Told me some great stories, one about George Weah was a cracker and also said Ali B was the best player he played with. He Is doing his coaching badges and is shadowing some of the coaches at the academy. I have asked if he can come and do a session with us in the future which would be great. He said he would so watch this space.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 am

Sister of fu wrote:You can now see the fruits of our labour. It has taken time as it does but we have not panicked at any point. We have had a few lows but the highs defiantly out weigh them. Its been a great three weeks and we now have something to build on.

Nick has stuck to his guns and you can why with the way we are now playing. We want to have an identity to the way we play which is the "city way" and I think those who have seen us will agree that we are good to watch and play the game in the right way.

Due to my injury I have been doing a little bit of the media work and last night got to sit with the Goat. What a lovely guy. Told me some great stories, one about George Weah was a cracker and also said Ali B was the best player he played with. He Is doing his coaching badges and is shadowing some of the coaches at the academy. I have asked if he can come and do a session with us in the future which would be great. He said he would so watch this space.

Top Stuff Andie, hope the injury gets sorted soon, or are you getting quite comfy in your new role? I see a Womens Football Ambassador Role for you in future, who better than a True, through and through BLUE and one of the revolutionary founders of the Womens game at MCWFC.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 22, 2014 9:05 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:You can now see the fruits of our labour. It has taken time as it does but we have not panicked at any point. We have had a few lows but the highs defiantly out weigh them. Its been a great three weeks and we now have something to build on.

Top Stuff Andie, hope the injury gets sorted soon, or are you getting quite comfy in your new role? I see a Womens Football Ambassador Role for you in future, who better than a True, through and through BLUE and one of the revolutionary founders of the Womens game at MCWFC.

Not sure what the future holds after I retire. I quite enjoy the little bits of media work I have done but would prob like to be involved in a bit of coaching with the junior levels. I need to get some badges first mind. I hope that I can stay involved at some level if not I will just buy a season ticket and watch as a fan.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Not sure what the future holds after I retire. I quite enjoy the little bits of media work I have done but would prob like to be involved in a bit of coaching with the junior levels. I need to get some badges first mind. I hope that I can stay involved at some level if not I will just buy a season ticket and watch as a fan.

Good shout on the Badges Andie,
You could get Level 1, 2 and 3 done in just over a year, especially at the moment as you have access to everything you need to complete them (players, coaches and equipment). If you get onto it now, you will be in a better position than most. Get those three done and you will have your UEFA B Licence which gives you full coaching access to the youngsters and A licence can come over time as it takes a while to do.

Get onto Nick and see if the club will put you through it, the good thing is, you decide on the times to get your assessments completed.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Nice article on the OS about our very own hero.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/MCWFC-news/2 ... sing-Trust

Andie Worrall: Hands as safe as houses

Manchester City Women goalkeeper Andie Worrall has two passions in life.

Alongside playing football for the club she's supported since she was 12, the 37-year-old also works as a Neighbourhood Housing Manager at Northwards, helping tenants with their housing problems and ensuring her company's estates look their best.

Worrall's duties include everything from tackling domestic abuse and anti-social behaviour to relocating house keys. Despite the challenges her job presents in one of the country's most deprived areas, the shot-stopper has no problems with juggling football and full-time employment, stating she couldn't be happier with her current lifestyle.

"I absolutely love my job," she declared. "And I'm playing for the best club in the world - a club who are committed to the women’s game. It’s a really great place to be."

Purely by coincidence, one of Worrall's tenants also happens to play for the Blues. Youngster Katie Bolton was scouted whilst playing for Chadderton Park and the centre-back has gone on to become captain of the MCWFC Under-13s girls team.

She started playing football on the estate where she lives and hopes to one day follow in the footsteps of Worrall, climbing through the ranks to the first-team.

"I love playing football," smiled Bolton. "I just really enjoy what I’m doing. I want to go into it when I’m older as well."

Worrall was delighted to learn of the youngster's success - both in life and in the junior team.

"This combines my two passions – football and housing," she asserted. "It’s great to see young kids on the estate doing well and I’m really pleased a young Manchester girl is coming through the ranks."

Bolton's mother Joanne Downes commented: "I’m so proud of Katie and everything that she’s achieved."
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Just to add I also didn't get a birthday cake from the club, a card or a happy birthday but I'm happy to stay.
Sister of fu

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm

You save them all with your nose?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 29, 2014 8:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:You save them all with your nose?

Haha that's a great quote from some keybored warrior. I'm glad that guy called him out. I try to use my hands as much as possible but hey if it stops the ball going in the net who cares. :-)
Sister of fu

Postby Socrates » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:01 am

Facebook page hit 2,000,000 likes today, awesome stuff!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Big game for the women tomorrow, trying to get to their first final - I'm sure they'd appreciate some support if anyone is at a loose end.
The game kicks off at Hyde at 2pm with tickets £4 for adults and £2 for U-16s.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... st-7729295
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:01 pm

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND BLOODY WELL DONE IT! Against a team (Chelsea) that has beaten them twice this season. Marvellous piece of work from the women, 1-0 with a goal from Duggan
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Great news for the ladies.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Fantastic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Great win and it's Arsenal in the final. I know a Chelsea fan who is a gobby git so am pleased with that. Do we know where the final is?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum