Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby Dameerto » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 am

I think every team needs three keepers, just saying... I bet Sister of Fu is with me on this one.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:50 am

Slim wrote:Hope Solo is a City fan? I think most of City are Hope Solo fans.

The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Only a pre season friendly but a great win for the ladies today away at Durham 7 nil and a clean sheet for our one and only SoF

How's the injury Andie? Toni Duggan getting a hat trick and it sounded like a totally dominant performance from start to finish.

I expect next week's friendly v Aston Villa will be more of a test. I would urge anyone who can to get along next Sunday to watch the game in the Athletics Stadium.And I need a report as I am away on a holiday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:16 pm

It's pretty sore today but I will get it right for the Reading game in a couple of weeks. I'm away for Villa next week but echo Doug in asking for as many people to attend as possible. Had my new Bingo gloves on today. Nice clean sheet.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Sister of fu wrote:It's pretty sore today but I will get it right for the Reading game in a couple of weeks. I'm away for Villa next week but echo Doug in asking for as many people to attend as possible. Had my new Bingo gloves on today. Nice clean sheet.

Do we play without a keeper next week then?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:It's pretty sore today but I will get it right for the Reading game in a couple of weeks. I'm away for Villa next week but echo Doug in asking for as many people to attend as possible. Had my new Bingo gloves on today. Nice clean sheet.

Do we play without a keeper next week then?

No we have a third keeper who is with the development squad. She is an England U19 player also.
Sister of fu

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
No we have a third keeper who is with the development squad. She is an England U19 player also.

So Hope won't be filling in? Sad news.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am

[youtube]r0YDEgTnbhI[/youtube]
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Jorgobot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
just when I thought she couldn't get better...
Jorgobot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Date I say it? Ronaldo!?

Postby YayaJonas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Went to see our ladies today. A lot of good football on display. Should be a good season for them. Even better when they move over to the new complex.
YayaJonas
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Mancester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:19 pm

[tweet]452117453485903872[/tweet]

Delighted and privileged to be officially named as England Captain after @CaseyStoney who's always been a great leader,role model + person
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:27 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:[tweet]452117453485903872[/tweet]

Delighted and privileged to be officially named as England Captain after @CaseyStoney who's always been a great leader,role model + person

When I have watched the ladies in training and in games Steph just comes across to me as a natural captain.As a player she seems a great organiser as well as being real quality.

Think I might get along to watch them again tonight even without some of the top internationals.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Well I just watched the session tonight and it was a strong punishing one.Only 12 there tonight and 2 of those were keepers.Some away on international duty and a few with injuries but those who were there were worked really hard.

After the initial warm up stuff they went into a series of 2 on 2 games. 4 games of 6 minutes in something like a 20 by 20 square and the emphasis was very much on pressing and winning the ball while the others were trying to get the ball to the other end.Nick Cushing the manager was watching closely and pushing them all the time to keep closing and tackling and it was non stop for the 6 minutes.The breaks were maybe only a minute and off they went again.I was helping as ball boy and I was getting knackered just watching and fetching.Very impressed the way they kept working. Especially hard on the 2 keepers,Andie being one, who are not used to the outfield stuff but just kept going.

Then a short break to get their breath and listen to what the next session was all about.They were split into different groups all with a different but very specific purpose. I stayed at one end where Izzy Christiansen,who plays an attacking wide left role,was asked to come in from that wing take take a pass towards goal and take a shot. The target wasn't just the goal but a hoop which had been attached to the top corner.The aim was simple that she had to score through the hoop or it didn't count.I would like to see Yaya and co have a go at that.

After this session Nick offered £10 for anyone who could get the ball through the hoop from inside the D inside 2 minutes.His money was safe.To finish the evening it was a 6 a side game played just inside one penalty area.Nick put a lot of emphasis on the defensive aspects of closing down and tackling/blocking.I have to say some of it was very impressive and bearing in mind the overall session lasted over 2 hours they were still working very hard right to the end.

Nick himself joined in when one of the players reopened a cut she had had stitched following the game at Durham 2 weeks ago.Even as a player he was full of coaching help and encouragement even while trying very hard to win the game for his team.Sadly his finishing was not very good ( minging was the word he used himself) and his team didn't win but he did blow the whistle early when maybe his team could have conceded.

2 hours of hard work and good work was what I saw which I am sure Andie will confirm and if you weren't tired at the end I would be amazed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:15 pm

England ladies win an easy game v Momtenegro but a hat trick from Toni Duggan, a goal and assists from Jill Scott and a clean sheet for Steph Houghton the England and Manchester City captain. All City players and quality.

Get along to Curzon Ashton tomorrow for a friendly at 2pm. City will be missing all the England players but still plenty of quality on show.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Well I just watched the session tonight and it was a strong punishing one.Only 12 there tonight and 2 of those were keepers.Some away on international duty and a few with injuries but those who were there were worked really hard.

After the initial warm up stuff they went into a series of 2 on 2 games. 4 games of 6 minutes in something like a 20 by 20 square and the emphasis was very much on pressing and winning the ball while the others were trying to get the ball to the other end.Nick Cushing the manager was watching closely and pushing them all the time to keep closing and tackling and it was non stop for the 6 minutes.The breaks were maybe only a minute and off they went again.I was helping as ball boy and I was getting knackered just watching and fetching.Very impressed the way they kept working. Especially hard on the 2 keepers,Andie being one, who are not used to the outfield stuff but just kept going.

Then a short break to get their breath and listen to what the next session was all about.They were split into different groups all with a different but very specific purpose. I stayed at one end where Izzy Christiansen,who plays an attacking wide left role,was asked to come in from that wing take take a pass towards goal and take a shot. The target wasn't just the goal but a hoop which had been attached to the top corner.The aim was simple that she had to score through the hoop or it didn't count.I would like to see Yaya and co have a go at that.

After this session Nick offered £10 for anyone who could get the ball through the hoop from inside the D inside 2 minutes.His money was safe.To finish the evening it was a 6 a side game played just inside one penalty area.Nick put a lot of emphasis on the defensive aspects of closing down and tackling/blocking.I have to say some of it was very impressive and bearing in mind the overall session lasted over 2 hours they were still working very hard right to the end.

Nick himself joined in when one of the players reopened a cut she had had stitched following the game at Durham 2 weeks ago.Even as a player he was full of coaching help and encouragement even while trying very hard to win the game for his team.Sadly his finishing was not very good ( minging was the word he used himself) and his team didn't win but he did blow the whistle early when maybe his team could have conceded.

2 hours of hard work and good work was what I saw which I am sure Andie will confirm and if you weren't tired at the end I would be amazed.

It was a proper blow out, loved it though. Getting close now and feeling better by the week. Can't wait to get going.

Had another great day as a guest of Gary Owens. I am defo living the dream.
Sister of fu

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Just seen the pic on twitter. Gary Owen's the lucky one to be with a current star.

Are you playing tomorrow?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just seen the pic on twitter. Gary Owen's the lucky one to be with a current star.

Are you playing tomorrow?

I think so.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 pm

a good overview on all the teams in the Womens Superleague this year

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26968386
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:a good overview on all the teams in the Womens Superleague this year

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26968386

Very interesting read.Seems clear that there isn't an outright favourite for this league as there has been a lot of movement of players especially with City coming and taking a bunch of the best ones.Whether City will be good enough I wouldn't have a clue but I think they are certainly playing it down and rightly so.

I also think injuries could have a bigger say in this league than in the men's top leagues as the quality in depth won't be as good.Take out the 2 or 3 best players from a team and it would reduce their chances almost totally.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Whats in a Name featuring our very own SoF

http://bcove.me/58nsvmgc
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum