Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Good professional performance and a well deserved win. Apart from a few minutes in the first half where they should have scored there was never really a threat on our goal. Sort of an even game up to half time but the 2nd half was very one way and we should have scored again to totally kill the tie off but the usual lack of composure was showing and we had to live with a soft headed goal from MotM Lucy Bronze.

I reckon Lucy is MotM in virtually every game she plays. A few days in France sounds like a good idea , must look into that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:48 am

This year's final is being held in Cardiff, and tickets are on open sale at £6 each (£3 concessions). Worth buying now if you're confident we'll get through: http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/ticketing/
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:46 am

I dont know much about womans football but theres a couple of names on the bench of people who didnt get on that i recognise, likes of Duggan and Christiansen, are we that strong that these are struggling to get a game or is there a different reason for it?

Great achievement all the same.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I dont know much about womans football but theres a couple of names on the bench of people who didnt get on that i recognise, likes of Duggan and Christiansen, are we that strong that these are struggling to get a game or is there a different reason for it?

Great achievement all the same.

We have a bigger squad now than previously even though Nick Cushing has said he prefers to work with a smaller squad. Then of course with the addirion of Carli Lloyd it's inevitable a name, or 2, will miss out. There were 4 on the bench last night, Izzy,Toni and Nikita Parris all england internationals plus Georgie Stanway who is and England international of the future for sure.

All 4 of them were played in the previous game in the FA Cup but it would seem they are not certain picks for the biggest games. I would say he is correct as well except for playing Asslani when any of the 4 may well be a better selection.

Plus we have 2 injured at the moment. Jen Beattie who would probably be first choice center back alongside Steph Houghton and Megan Campbell who can play center back and full back and is a full international.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BookJunior » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Just awesome what they've achieved this season and so pleased in the campus investment.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm

BookJunior wrote:Just awesome what they've achieved this season and so pleased in the campus investment.

Good and fairly comfortable win today against in the FA Cup semi final against Liverpool. Not a great game and only 1 nil but Liverpool really only came to park the bus and maybe go through on penalties. They drew against us twice last season with those tactics so why not?

It shouldn't really have been that close because we had enough chances but it's effectively the same match after match. We dominate but just lack composure and quality in the final third. Ok against most teams in England but I doubt it will be in the champs league semi final v Lyon.

But it's wembley now for the FA Cup final and its against Birmingham who beat Chelsea in the other semi. Excellent stuff with the downside being the final is the same day as the home game v Leicester. As the first team are on telly I doubt there wlll be any chance of a rearrangement.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby foreverblue » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Want to take my daughter but as I am not based in Manchester have no clue which end is City and which end is Birmingham, anyone know?
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 am

foreverblue wrote:Want to take my daughter but as I am not based in Manchester have no clue which end is City and which end is Birmingham, anyone know?

They may not have announced which end fans are at yet. Keep an eye on the OS
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Is this Lyon business on TV Saturday?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm

john@staustell wrote:Is this Lyon business on TV Saturday?

Doesn't look like it.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 pm

john@staustell wrote:Is this Lyon business on TV Saturday?

maybe facebook!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 pm

So far 0-1. Penalty for Lyon I didn't see it so I don't know what happened. Looks like a good crowd in.

I am unsure of the legality of posting a link, so please PM if required.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 pm

1-1, Asllani. Ball won in midfield and a super through-ball that Asllani ran onto and slipped under the keeper. Nicely done.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Lyon scored again 2-1
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:27 pm

hello everyone not been on here for ages even a couple of yearsmaybe but forget that, watching the girls play against lyon who by the way are the holders and overwelming favorites for this tie,i don't normally watch the womens game but with it being city and against a "local" team for me i thought why not ,sorry to say being out played by" les lyonnaises" shit they have just scored again so 3-1
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:hello everyone not been on here for ages even a couple of yearsmaybe but forget that, watching the girls play against lyon who by the way are the holders and overwelming favorites for this tie,i don't normally watch the womens game but with it being city and against a "local" team for me i thought why not ,sorry to say being out played by" les lyonnaises" shit they have just scored again so 3-1

Welcome back mate!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Lyonnaise are clearly a very, very good side. It's like women against girls. Bit of a reality check. Hopefully our lot will learn from the experience and come back stronger next year.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:40 pm

we are lucky only 3-1 outclassed by the lyon players who let's not forget have been in 3 of the last 4 finals ?? i think the president Mr Aulas has put a lot of money into the lyon squad as he has with the mens team
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby john@staustell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:Lyonnaise are clearly a very, very good side. It's like women against girls. Bit of a reality check. Hopefully our lot will learn from the experience and come back stronger next year.

I may be wrong mate. But I think there can only be one simile. Something would be "like men against boys" :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Is there a second leg?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal