Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Well done to the ladies.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Bluedj » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:23 pm

First Trophy for the Ladies.........Bloody well done.........Arsenal played well, but we got the all important goal and then defended it.....This hopefully should be a great platform for the future, a great start to our 1st year in top flight.......Once again well done our blue girls :-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Well done to the ladies, the one moment of real quality play won the game and deservedly so.

Duggan, Scott and Houghton stood out I thought. Congrats to all.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluedj » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Bluedj wrote:First Trophy for the Ladies.........Bloody well done.........Arsenal played well, but we got the all important goal and then defended it.....This hopefully should be a great platform for the future, a great start to our 1st year in top flight.......Once again well done our blue girls :-)

I have to say. Bloody well done to my "Man" of the match Karen Bardsley........First half absolutely outstanding, some fantastic saves.........AAA+
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby frankswift » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:Good result for the women. Gutted sis wasn't there

That's how I call it. Not the same without Sis.

Well done all the same. Some great defending when Arsenal broke forward.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:57 pm

frankswift wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:Good result for the women. Gutted sis wasn't there

That's how I call it. Not the same without Sis.

Well done all the same. Some great defending when Arsenal broke forward.

Amen
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:04 am

Was a great 2nd half. Some of the forward play is Bartonesque but the goal was a belter. I feel there is a lot more to come, with the right coaching. The first touch of the forwards is really good at times, but the 2nd or third really crap. There is definitely ability to do more. Jill Scott is a talented footballer as well. Some nice stuff.

So fucking glad Doris Beckham came on & didn't fucking score for Arsenal. The bullshit level would have been as bad as the bloke's game.

Well done City. First trophy of the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:49 am

Congrats to everyone involved, such a shame Sis wasn't involved though.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:01 am

Tell you what though, watching the highlights made me smile. The sheer joy of the team was great to see.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby bobby brows » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:39 am

Great result, some silverware, a wonderful goal to win a cup final and it was great to see the sheer delight on everyone's face when they won.

Beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the first season is no mean feat. Does the Trophy qualify them for any European competition?

Best of all we seemed to shit in BT Sports breakfast....twice. On Sunday it was all about "respecting the competition" and last night it was counting how many trophies Arsenal had won to City's none. How many times did the commentator tell us that Steph Houghton had retained the Trophy. She was joking but at least Sue Smith told him she wasn't listening to him.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:49 am

Fantastic effort by the Ladies team.

Hopefully the club can allow them onto the pitch tomorrow with the trophy 5 mins before the kick off to take the applause and congratulations of the fans for a well deserved achievement.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:17 am

Congrats to the Ladies on the cup win but a huge shame my mate wasn't there to experience it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Crossie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:25 am

Brilliant, great to see it meaning so much to them too.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm

I can only echo the thoughts that Andie should have been there.It's a real shame.

On the game and winning a trophy it really is above expectation to get a trophy in the first season. Whatever else has gone on the effort from the manager and all the players has been excellent.There have been games,and the first half last night was similar,where they haven't been quite at it but the commitment has always been there.

I thought last night they were extremely nervous and it showed with giving the ball away a lot in defensive positions and we were fortunate not to concede in the first half.The midfield were not getting into the game and naturally there was virtually nothing going forward.No goals at half time was a bonus.In the home game against Arsenal we lost 4 nil and there seemed a gulf in quality but that was a game where Arsenal go a special (lucky!) early goal and it was their day.

I would love to know what Nick Cushing said at half time but it worked.We came out looking more positive,pressing better and putting Arsenal on the back foot.The midfield were getting more into the game,especially Jill Scott and we were starting to look the more threatening side.The goal came from a quality move and a great cross from Krystle Johnston.She certainly knows how to cross a ball and I am guessing that's the first ever goal Izzie has scored with a header.What a sweet header though.Izzie maye should score more but you have to be there to realise just how much work she puts in helping out in midfield and defence.

It's quite natural that the quality experienced players get highlighted in the win and they did do well.Karen Bardsley was excellent in goal and could easily have been MotM.Steph of course was good and so nearly scored the 2nd to end the contest.Jill Scott's running and effort has to be seen to be believed at times but her quality is there to enjoy as well but I would highlight 3 or 4 of the "others" for special mention.

Krystle has been top class all season.Playing wide right most of the time and at 30 (I think) she is no spring chicken but he her constant effort is amazing. Helping out in defence but also a real goalscoring threat and as we saw last night she crosses a great ball.

Georgia Brougham and Keira Walsh were not even listed or mentioned in the match programme such has been their rise to stardom.I think Georgia is 18 and Keira 17 but what quality performances they put in and again showing great energy and commitment. I am not 100% sure if Georgia has always been a full back and she has plenty to learn and improve on but at times last night her covering across the line was really good and augurs so well for the future.

Keira coming in to play the holding midfield role as a 17 year old had been nothing more than outstanding.She deservedly won MotM against Chelsea last Sunday and I thought was excellent again last night..She has a maturity beyond her years and is a big player for our City future.The fact that she has taken over from Betsy Hassett has been a big call but seemingly a good one.

Nicola Harding is another of the older players at 32 with great experience at other clubs ( 2 scousers and BBurn) but seems to have found a home at right back at City after not starting in the team at the beginning of the season but her energy belies her age.

Proud to be there last night to cap a season where I started watching pre season training and matches and now right through to watching a cup final success.More of the same in the future please.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Hurrah for the City Women

Was thinking of Sister of fu throughout the match, football can be an unfair mistress at times!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Any news Andie, or are you just starting the search for a new club now?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:32 pm

City Women sign Tash Harding (forward)
There's an video interview with her if you click the link and scroll down. Tash the Taff, I can see it catching on

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/MCWFC-news/2 ... rding-5043

Manchester City Women are delighted to announce the signing of Welsh forward Natasha Harding.

Unveiled to fans at the Club's Season Launch Celebration at the Academy Stadium, the 26-year-old joins the Continental Cup holders having previously plied her trade at Cardiff and Bristol Academy. She spent five years at the Bluebirds before switching to Bristol in 2012.

Reflecting on her latest move, she told mcfc.co.uk: "It's pretty amazing. It's been a bit of a whirlwind but I'm really excited to get started. I've heard a lot of great things about the Club and to be here - sitting down and signing the papers - is a great feeling.

"If I said this Club was 'amazing', it would be a bit of an understatement! You can't describe it until you see it for yourself.

During her debut campaign at the Stoke Gifford Stadium, Harding was voted the Supporters' Player of the Year, starting every FA Women's Super League game and scoring seven times.

She went on to make more than 50 appearances for Bristol, netting 14 goals in all competitions.

In addition to her exploits at club level, which also include participation in the Champions League, the forward also brings with her a wealth of international experience.

This week, she returned from Croatia, where she helped the Dragonesses to a fifth-place finish in the Istria Cup alongside fellow new recruit Sarah Wiltshire.

Close to 40 appearances for her country, the striker hopes to use her experience to her new side's benefit.

"The people that know me know I want to win things," she declared. "I'm probably the worst person to have around if we lose and the best person to have around if we win.

"From the Club's visions going forward, I'm sure this will be a winning team and I hope we can build on the Continental Cup win from last year."

Describing her playing style, she stated: "I have adapted my position from a winger to a forward so I'm probably in between. I'm a hard worker and I'll do anything for my team.

"I'll probably set up as many goals as I'll score. The main thing for me is winning and if that means running myself into the ground, I'll do that.

"I'm raring to go and hopefully, they'll let me train sooner rather than later."

Sharing his thoughts on his latest capture, manager Nick Cushing stated: "I speak a lot about wanting to play an attacking style of football that people enjoy and will want to come and watch.

"Having a player like Tash in the squad - lots of speed, creativity and flair - is a perfect fit for us. As soon as we knew she was available, we declared our interest and we're really pleased to have added her to the squad."
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:00 pm

I see that City have released Natasha Harding, she only signed last year and I thought she was one of the better ones? Seems this new Swedish striker his her direct replacement.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I see that City have released Natasha Harding, she only signed last year and I thought she was one of the better ones? Seems this new Swedish striker his her direct replacement.

I thought she was half decent.

Money must be tight!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I see that City have released Natasha Harding, she only signed last year and I thought she was one of the better ones? Seems this new Swedish striker his her direct replacement.

I thought she was half decent.

Money must be tight!

Half decent is about right and half decent isn't good enough. She was a runner with limited actual talent on the ball and limited finishing ability.Chances are that Georgia Stanway, 16 years old, who we got last season will be a better player for us and I certainly expect both of the 2 latest signings will be much better. The Swede and the Scot.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum