Nasri

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nasri

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 am

He's playing like he wants to win the match with every ball which is all we ever wanted from him really. An early contender for player of the season (but only if Aguero stumbles to be honest).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:38 am

Dameerto wrote:He's playing like he wants to win the match with every ball which is all we ever wanted from him really. An early contender for player of the season (but only if Aguero stumbles to be honest).

If he was English it would put the likes of Cleverley/Wankshire in perspective, average at best. Nasri plays for City so he gets the praise he deserves from us and a pissed of he has turned it around from London based rag/Arse biased journos. Same with Franz Ferny who would be retiring Gerrard to a sub role.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm

has looked brilliant the last 2 matches. when he's on we're a much better side.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:48 pm

[quote="phips"]has looked brilliant the last 2 matches. when he's on we're a much better side.[/quote

this we are much better with him he is feeling it ... a great player
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mike J » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 pm

He's a fucking great player.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Mike J wrote:He's a fucking great player.

against shit teams
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

against shit teams

Which is to say that he's bad against good teams? Bullshit.

Out of our rivals, the only team you can count on him playing badly against is Arsenal away. Almost everytime he's played Chelsea and Tottenham, he's made them his bitch.
Sera
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Samir Nasri

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Sera wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

against shit teams

Which is to say that he's bad against good teams? Bullshit.

Out of our rivals, the only team you can count on him playing badly against is Arsenal away. Almost everytime he's played Chelsea and Tottenham, he's made them his bitch.

que?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Herb » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:28 pm

He gets better all the time. If he were for sale you'd be looking at £50m on his recent and current form. Makes Hazard look clumsy.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Herb wrote:He gets better all the time. If he were for sale you'd be looking at £50m on his recent and current form. Makes Hazard look clumsy.

Stick to the Hart attacks, you giant lipid you.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:19 am

Nasri had a nice interview with Sky. Looks like he recognises that this season was very sub-par and is fired up for next season. If he can get back to his best form, it'll be a big boost. He can control a game similar to Silva. I'm a big believer in his ability... if only he could be at his top level over a whole season rather than a few months

Edited out the sky bullshit so quotes only:

“I had a bad season,”

“From a personal point of view it was disappointing because I couldn't produce the same form as I did the year before and I had a lot of injuries - the most I've had in one season in my career.

“It’s difficult but at the same time it makes you stronger mentally.”

“When you play for a team like City you expect to win a trophy every year,”

“We are proud and we are not happy about last season. We were all disappointed because we know our quality and we know we could have done better.

“We lost the title at home, for me, and that was a key factor when Chelsea were really consistent.

"Look at our record against the teams that ended up being relegated, too; we lost five points against Burnley, we lost two points against QPR and two points against Hull.

"Why? If I had the answer I don’t think it would have happened. Sometimes you can be complacent even if you’re aware of the danger but still we made mistakes. It’s something that we have to correct if we want to win the trophy."

"The club is going to invest, I think, in new players," he says.

"Who we need is a question for the manager but if we want to be competitive in every competition - and if we want to take a step forward in the Champions League - I think we need to strengthen in every area a little bit. We will probably lose some players as well so we need to have that depth from the bench.

"The league is going to be really competitive. Manchester United are going to be there, Arsenal had a great season with another trophy and they were close, Liverpool want to buy players as well. I think it’s going to be really interesting - certainly not as convincing as last year."

"We lost to Barcelona - probably the best Barcelona team in the last 10 years - and we didn’t lose by a big margin like other teams have done," Nasri says. "I think we were just unlucky with the draw.

"Champions League is not just about the quality. This year we were really unlucky to get Barcelona. The year before we had our best chance yet against Barcelona but this year they’ve been incredible. The front three scored 122 goals between them. I just think Barcelona are the best team in the world right now."

"He’s a good manager, an honest manager," Nasri says.

"You always know what he thinks about you. He might be kind in appearance but if he has something to tell you, he will tell you. He is respected by the players."

"Going back to France? I don't think so. I'd like to play in MLS because I love the culture in America. Coaching? Why not? I'm going to start to take my badges soon so that when I finish I can look forward straight away.

"But I still have four years left on my contract so what I want now is to be focused on my rehab. I’m going to work a lot in pre-season to come back as fit as possible with a new state of mind - then have a great season and win trophies.

"The happy ending of winning a trophy at the end of the season is the best feeling you can have. It feels great and that’s what I want.

"I was disappointed, even though I was on holiday (in Italy), because I wanted to still be in contention to win the Champions League.

"That's my ambition and I will try to do everything I can to succeed next year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ts-the-lid
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:05 am

Nasri has done alright for City on the whole & won us some big games.

Sometimes he's been better than Silva, & Silva is pretty fucking good. I have no problem with both him & Yaya staying, provided both are fighting for a place against new signings & academy kids, rather than being automatic selections.

And if all 3 play, we need some serious legs in the rest of the team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 am

sounds like he is settled and he is going nowhere until NYCFC take him in a a couple of years. I like a fit in form Nasri, he is an excellent player and by that interview, he knows the level he can play an wants to do that next season.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:42 am

When Nasri turns up he can be truly world class, but its consistency, we have seen too many inept performances from him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Nasri has done alright for City on the whole & won us some big games.

Sometimes he's been better than Silva, & Silva is pretty fucking good. I have no problem with both him & Yaya staying, provided both are fighting for a place against new signings & academy kids, rather than being automatic selections.

He got his arse kicked by Alba V Barca, a little shit BTW and he has been crap ever since ! Sunshine player , talented but only on his terms we can do better than him or more consistent at least.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Nasri has done alright for City on the whole & won us some big games.

He got his arse kicked by Alba V Barca, a little shit BTW and he has been crap ever since ! Sunshine player , talented but only on his terms we can do better than him or more consistent at least.

Well he's explained that he's been struggling with injuries & that will do for me. The evidence backs up what he's said.

If everyone who has been shit for parts of last season was kicked out, we wouldn't have any players. Some will have to go. He might be one. If he's not, I don't mind.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Well he's explained that he's been struggling with injuries & that will do for me. The evidence backs up what he's said.

If everyone who has been shit for parts of last season was kicked out, we wouldn't have any players. Some will have to go. He might be one. If he's not, I don't mind.

He has it to burn, he just needs to show some passion not petulance, Gaelic I get, Arse falling out when given a clip and then trying to get himself sent off with his Wild kick at Neymer was poor.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Would not shed one tear if he never played a minutes more football for City. He is all that's bad about football.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

He has it to burn, he just needs to show some passion not petulance, Gaelic I get, Arse falling out when given a clip and then trying to get himself sent off with his Wild kick at Neymer was poor.

Does Martin O'Neill know he's Gaelic. Must get on the blower to him. We could do with some Gaelic Flare.

I fear you mean Gallic though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:59 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Would not shed one tear if he never played a minutes more football for City. He is all that's bad about football.

I'm with you, but as we are not getting the signings in just yet, I wonder what tune you would get if he got a sniff we would be happy to say you can leave.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum