Nasri

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nasri

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:51 am

He can't be left out of the side now.
Always thought he needed correct management.
He didn't get on with Mancinis style of management.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 am

The precision with which he took his second goal was masterful. He is my second favorite lesbian in the world at the moment.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 am

dazby wrote:The precision with which he took his second goal was masterful. He is my second favorite lesbian in the world at the moment.

Would you ask his missus to do your shorts?

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 am

Dingus McDouchey wrote:Just my opinion but I don't think his work rate has changed at all. He's always worked hard for me. Just think he's got tons of confidence, no injuries, and a system that suits him a bit better.

This. Have always worked hard for us and effort has never been his problem I think. I wrote this in another thread but I'll double post it here:

- Nasri and Silva can never be equivalent options. They bring completely different things to the table. That's obviously clear to anyone but me but I realized that the difference with Nasri this season and the two before is that he largely get's the ball with pace nowadays. Meaning, he's running before he receives the ball. And when he does that, he's a pain in the arse for the defenders as he's able to be very composed and quick to change direction if he has to. But if he gets the ball while he's standing still, like most of the time under Mancini, his strengths don't show. He'll stand there and look into the ground for five seconds before he gives it to Silva or Yaya. Silva is different in that he is also a magnificent dribbler but has the ability to play passes that split the defence wide open while he himself is standing still. Of course you could then say that well, then Nasri is half the player that Silva is, to which I would say that Nasri is a more composed finisher and more... I want to say... agressive?... in his dribbling. I think he could play as a second striker to a certain extent if it was needed. I don't think Silva could do that even if he wanted to. Perhaps I'm just posting the obvious but I don't recollect having seen this type of comparison before. If I'm wrong, ignore this. - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=47144&p=585049#p585049
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:53 am

dazby wrote:The precision with which he took his second goal was masterful. He is my second favorite lesbian in the world at the moment.

The excellence of Zabaleta's pull back did make it a little easier for him - it was so perfect he didn't even have to break stride.

Mind you, the way he finished it exhibited a breathtaking degree of consummate skill.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:00 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

The excellence of Zabaleta's pull back did make it a little easier for him - it was so perfect he didn't even have to break stride.

Mind you, the way he finished it exhibited a breathtaking degree of consummate skill.

Particularly because he struck it with his "weaker" foot. A lot better finish than most of the viewers would appreciate I think.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Frustrating thing with him was always that you could see the talent but he always used to dribble the same guy five times over near halfway line. Probably someone just told him "look, that's the goal, the point of this game is to go that way".

Guys like him and Kolarov always make wonder though. How long is this going to last?

That's an insult to Nasri. Kolarov even at his very best doesn't have anywhere near the talent that Nasri does. Kolarov's just naff full stop.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ajardine » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:24 pm

twosips wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Frustrating thing with him was always that you could see the talent but he always used to dribble the same guy five times over near halfway line. Probably someone just told him "look, that's the goal, the point of this game is to go that way".

Guys like him and Kolarov always make wonder though. How long is this going to last?

That's an insult to Nasri. Kolarov even at his very best doesn't have anywhere near the talent that Nasri does. Kolarov's just naff full stop.

Kolarov is also the laziest bas**rd I've ever seen on a football pitch!! If a ball is too far ahead of him he just gives up, it really winds me up seeing players do that. Nasri has always been very talented but never seemed to try as much as he is now. Whether it is for Pellegrini or whether we are now playing a sytle that suits him, I dont really care because he is on fire!
Being a City fan is a lifestyle, a rollercoaster ride, but a bloody good one
Ajardine
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Sergioooooo

Postby kennyboy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Looks like his havin his best season for us, nice to see he shows his true colors!
Chemistry with Pellers seems top-notch. Continue please..
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Nasri played a complete game yesterday. I can think of at least two occasions on the Swansea counter when Clichy went forward that he slid right into the left back position to slow down the charge.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 pm

What a classy player, amazing to see him continue to shine with Silva back in the side and not fade like he's done in the past. Involved in a lot of the goals on the weekend and I was so desperate for him to score, shame he couldn't shut those shitbricks up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:53 pm

What I really liked was that he was obviously desperate to score but after he missed the 2nd chance in "that" spell he clearly readjusted his mindset and thought To pass the oppotunity to Fred rather than keep going solo.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:23 am

london blue 2 wrote:What I really liked was that he was obviously desperate to score but after he missed the 2nd chance in "that" spell he clearly readjusted his mindset and thought To pass the oppotunity to Fred rather than keep going solo.

As soon as he got the ball, his head was up and he was always going to make the right decision. One of the things I like about his revival, he is so aware of everyone's movement you never find yourself wondering why he took that speculative shot when squaring it was the right choice, unlike a certain tiny Argentine.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 am

really pleased that he has turned it around so far ... needs to keep it up and he'll be one of the heroes of our season. All round excellent stuff from him.

Last season he was well on the way to becoming an odious little butthole, but with his performances so far, i think he's already made up for it. Hope he keeps pushing on.

I also like how our eam is not so reliant on any one player to produce right now ... nasri's performance has been part of that and it really frees up dave and yaya to pick their moments. loving it.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 am

Slim wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:What I really liked was that he was obviously desperate to score but after he missed the 2nd chance in "that" spell he clearly readjusted his mindset and thought To pass the oppotunity to Fred rather than keep going solo.

As soon as he got the ball, his head was up and he was always going to make the right decision. One of the things I like about his revival, he is so aware of everyone's movement you never find yourself wondering why he took that speculative shot when squaring it was the right choice, unlike a certain tiny Argentine.

Zabaleta?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:38 am

Watch the Arse Game Tunnel Cam on the OS, Nasri gets a lot of air time and you can see that the Arsenal players stil have affection for him, you can see Wenger taking time out for him and also Khaldoon bigs him up to WENGER!

Nasri is in great form this season and long may it continue
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:Watch the Arse Game Tunnel Cam on the OS, Nasri gets a lot of air time and you can see that the Arsenal players stil have affection for him, you can see Wenger taking time out for him and also Khaldoon bigs him up to WENGER!

I believe Khaldoon says to Wenger "Champion" whilst putting his arm round Nasri.

Quality.

Khaldoon has really caught the City bug.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:29 pm

And just to top it off, player of the month for November.

Nice one.

I have never been turned around on a player to the degree I am on Nasri.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Watch the Arse Game Tunnel Cam on the OS, Nasri gets a lot of air time and you can see that the Arsenal players stil have affection for him, you can see Wenger taking time out for him and also Khaldoon bigs him up to WENGER!

Did you notice from the tunnelcam that Yaya or Kompany aren't the first name on the teamsheet, it was Costel....so we can finally stop using that annoying saying.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Twobob » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Slim wrote:And just to top it off, player of the month for November.

Nice one.

I have never been turned around on a player to the degree I am on Nasri.

A lot of people are the same this season mate, me included!

He deserves it, can expect to see many more of them his way if he keeps these performances up - as mentioned before he's like a brand new signing.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum