Nasri

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nasri

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:49 am

Another good, long interview with ESPN this time:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-c ... pellegrini

Just the quotes below:

"Just ask my girlfriend about it," he says. "She's mad with me, because I just watch football all the time. It's not just about practicing: watching the best players in their position, you improve as well, by another thing every single game."

"I ... I ... it's been a long, long time since I watched Marseille with that much pleasure," he marvels. "Seriously! I understand why everyone in Marseille was dying for Bielsa to stay, I now understand why he's the idol of Pep Guardiola because the style of play, it's just like ... total football.

"They might have some weaknesses in defence, or tactically, because they press one versus one ... everywhere! But the attacking style of play is just ... amazing."

"The game against PSG away from home, the game against PSG at home ... and the game against Lyon at home, when they scored the goal, then had some issues and drew."

"I just think they were really unlucky, they should have been in the Champions League spots. They needed to keep Bielsa and sign a couple more players, because Andre Ayew and Andre-Pierre Gignac were really important for them, and then they can do something this year. But the only thing ... it's really hard to compete with Paris, with the money they have."

"If you look at Barcelona, and the way they press high, or Bayern Munich, the way they press high ... that's what makes them the best teams, because when they lose the ball, in the first three seconds, that's when they get the ball back, really, really high.

"But then we have a different style of play. Juventus, it's gonna be like Italian defensive rigour but it's nice to watch, because football isn't just about technique and flow. Real Madrid, they are the best counter-attacking team in the world. Paris, I like the way they play ... there are different styles. If you really love football, you love all these different styles of play."

"We play with two playmakers in a 4-4-2, whether I play right or left it's the same role, a lot of freedom. [Pellegrini] doesn't ask me to be a winger, to dribble out wide and cross the ball. I drift inside with David, to open up space for the full-backs to get in behind.

"It's a bit different at Arsenal because [at Man City] we have two strikers, so my role on the team is to pass the ball to the strikers. At Arsenal, it was 4-3-3, so when you play out wide you're a striker, so you go in behind more. Here, the strikers go in behind, so you're the one who has to organise the game and be the playmaker.

"As an offensive player, they ask me to create chances. You have to be precise in the last third, and that's one of my qualities. I try to be precise with my passes but take some risks as well."

"All my younger years I was a No. 10, in the national team I used to play No. 10, and Marseille I used to play No. 10. I like to play off the striker, I like to have a lot of freedom, I can go everywhere.

"I remember that [Everton] game well because it was a good game for me, one of the rare moments last year! It was a season to forget. Let's be honest, a season without silverware is difficult, especially as we won the double [league and Capital One Cup] the year before. On a personal note, being injured four times during the season is a lot.

"But it's a season that made me stronger personally, and I realised certain things, like what I need to do to be fully fit all the time. I hope this season I'm going to bring something to the team. I'm a proud player, and I didn't want to waste one year of my career."

"I think it's become a more technical league than it used to be. When I first arrived, I was shocked with the intensity and the physical aspect of the game. Now we have a lot more Hispanic players, the game is evolving, and I think it's for the best. I really like the league, I still think we have the best league in the world."

"For a time, it wasn't that hard. Now everyone has a service from the club, with videos, to look at every single team, the way they play, the organisation -- stuff like that.

"Before you play a team like Crystal Palace, you know you're going to suffer because they'll play a 4-5-1, they'll wait for you, they'll park the bus. And with other teams as well, it's become more and more and more difficult to find the 'key' to beat the team, and that's really interesting for the league, so it's more difficult [for City to break down opponents]."

"I've been into football since I was 5 years old ... what I know best is football, so I don't want to reinvent myself into something else. I want to try to give back what football has given me, so maybe I'll go into coaching, and pass my badges.

"[At City] I have the perfect example, Patrick Vieira. He's someone who wasn't really like that but now he's really into it, and when I talk to him about it, he's really enjoying it."
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 am

Great read. I want to cheer the man so bad. Bring it this season Samir!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:25 am

Talk is cheap. Shut the fuck up and do it on the pitch....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:44 am

Pre season Nasri comments, are a yearly event, he has it all to do as since Barca away when he acted like the cunt most think he is he was crap. If he had belted Alba I would have accepted it ore than his petulant boot out at Nymar. No more excuses, no more sulking...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 am

Sorry Nasri but you're missing a trick there mate FIT missus-Train speed home for an afternoon in the sauna.

Sick.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:55 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Sorry Nasri but you're missing a trick there mate FIT missus-Train speed home for an afternoon in the sauna.

Sick.

She's pretty much as fit as it gets. He's just saying that like some of you he likes to sit on the couch and fart while watching the footy. And then try and get laid at the final whistle.

The French Duke.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:29 am

Not the best of sources but it reckons Juve have approached the club for Samir...

https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-cit ... 76650.html

If Pogba was coming the other way then fine....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 am

CTID Hants wrote:Not the best of sources but it reckons Juve have approached the club for Samir...

And even if he wasn't, fine.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Not the best of sources but it reckons Juve have approached the club for Samir...

Cheers

So you think we'd be better off without him even if we don't sign anyone else?

Now that (most) of the balkans have departed, are you looking to cleanse the squad of frogs too? ;-)

First half against Stuttgart, other than the merlin, Sammy boy was probably the best player out there for us.

Also, why sell to Juve if they aren't playing ball over Pogba??

Thoughts on a postcard please?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:46 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

So you think we'd be better off without him even if we don't sign anyone else?

Now that (most) of the balkans have departed, are you looking to cleanse the squad of frogs too? ;-)

First half against Stuttgart, other than the merlin, Sammy boy was probably the best player out there for us.

Also, why sell to Juve if they aren't playing ball over Pogba??

Thoughts on a postcard please?

But what if they are?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:49 pm

I'd sell if they offered 20 millions and put the cash to big Barkley.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby clippo22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Only interested in this if Pogba is coming the other way or they are offering big money. As it's an Italian club they are most likely offering £15m over 10 years.

Plus I get the feeling he couldn't pull himself away from Yaya. Biggest Bromance since Savic and Jovetic
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tip TV Sport » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Tip TV have uploaded this morning's sports show to youtube. It discusses City's chances this coming season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LAh_KV_Vzw
Tip TV Sport
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Boyata

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Slim wrote:
But what if they are?

Sell him to Juve, without replacing him? I would worry, not saying he is the be all and end all in our squad & Barkley would probably cost us much as we paid for Sterling IMO. It would have to be KDB if Juve won't let us have Pogba, which goes back why would we sell to them, if they won't sell pogba to us?

We would have to have a replacement first before we let him go
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Anything over 20m and I would sell even if we don't have someone incoming.

He plays in the position where we have genuine quality in the youth team that can replace him eg Lopez Garcia even barker and even further back Fernandez

Quite frankly i would be glad to see the back of him, first sign of trouble he downs tools and for me is infuriating to watch most of the time. Touch touch touch slow things down turn back...rinse and repeat....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Tip TV Sport wrote:Tip TV have uploaded this morning's sports show to youtube. It discusses City's chances this coming season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LAh_KV_Vzw

Same story...everyone thinks we will fall flat on our face this season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Anything over 20m and I would sell even if we don't have someone incoming.

He plays in the position where we have genuine quality in the youth team that can replace him eg Lopez Garcia even barker and even further back Fernandez

Quite frankly i would be glad to see the back of him, first sign of trouble he downs tools and for me is infuriating to watch most of the time. Touch touch touch slow things down turn back...rinse and repeat....

Correct with the logic we have back up in the younger players. There's a report out today saying three French clubs are circling Lopez and he could be interested as he will get game time. Should an acceptable bid for Nasri come in I wouldn't be disappointed to have him replaced in the squad by Lopez.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Tell the Italians to fuck right off cheap skate fuckers want everything on the cheap and then fuck us over.
I wouldn't do any business with Italian clubs full stop
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:52 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Tell the Italians to fuck right off cheap skate fuckers want everything on the cheap and then fuck us over.
I wouldn't do any business with Italian clubs full stop

nobody else is exactly beating down our doors to buy these players are they? seems to me that the spafia are turning up with their own tube of lube when they enter into negotiations
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Anything around 15m I'd snatch their hands off. French Duke who goes missing when a senior player is meant to dig in.
If Pogba was part of the equation even better, but not essential.
It would free up a big slice of the wage bill and a non UK place in the squad to allow us to replace him with somebody who was needed.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum