Sergio...a statistic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio...a statistic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He was magnificent in his debut season but I'm not sure what happened last season. Really expected him to kick on and stake his claim to be one of the best in the world but went backwards and produced many substandard performances and often cut a frustrated figure. There were moments of brilliance like his goals against Rags and Chelsea but like Silva he'll know he performed nowhere near to what he was capable of. Was it Mancini? Or personal issues? Who knows..

This season though he's been fantastic and looking even better than the player he was in his debut season. If he performs consistently at the level he has been, there are few better...

My only issues with him were his greed. It's good for a striker to be confident and want to score but quite often he'd try and do it all himself and shoot from a ridiculous angle when an easy pass to a team-mate in a better position was on. One particular example was the Cardiff game early this season when at 3-2 down in stoppage time he was running away from goal on his left foot, surrounded by 3 defenders with very little angle and he shot when he had about 3 unmarked players ready to tap in if he squared the ball. And we al know that for some reason both him and Silva in the past have refused to pass to Dzeko when he was stood waiting for a tap in.

He does now though seem to be passing more and if he can do it consistently he'll be even more valuable.

Even more valuable than 40m

All of the strikers are making more of an effort to play together & all are looking more dangerous because of it. I suspected Bob was hopeless in that area & this has confirmed it for me.

Aguero on current form would be double his original fee at least.

On last season's evidence Bob seemed hopeless but why did he get so much from the same players the season before?

I have a theory but I daren't say it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He was magnificent in his debut season but I'm not sure what happened last season. Really expected him to kick on and stake his claim to be one of the best in the world but went backwards and produced many substandard performances and often cut a frustrated figure. There were moments of brilliance like his goals against Rags and Chelsea but like Silva he'll know he performed nowhere near to what he was capable of. Was it Mancini? Or personal issues? Who knows..

This season though he's been fantastic and looking even better than the player he was in his debut season. If he performs consistently at the level he has been, there are few better...

My only issues with him were his greed. It's good for a striker to be confident and want to score but quite often he'd try and do it all himself and shoot from a ridiculous angle when an easy pass to a team-mate in a better position was on. One particular example was the Cardiff game early this season when at 3-2 down in stoppage time he was running away from goal on his left foot, surrounded by 3 defenders with very little angle and he shot when he had about 3 unmarked players ready to tap in if he squared the ball. And we al know that for some reason both him and Silva in the past have refused to pass to Dzeko when he was stood waiting for a tap in.

He does now though seem to be passing more and if he can do it consistently he'll be even more valuable.

All of the strikers are making more of an effort to play together & all are looking more dangerous because of it. I suspected Bob was hopeless in that area & this has confirmed it for me.

I also think it's no coincidence that his and Silva's respective forms mirror each other and have done since he joined tbh. When one performs both seem to and they always appear to be 'out of form' at the same time too.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

On last season's evidence Bob seemed hopeless but why did he get so much from the same players the season before?

Imo he didn't get anything out of them as pairs, just as individuals. The famous Aguero goal was one of the only times I've seen Balotelli pass to him.

Now they are all trying to do the stuff strikers do in partnerships. Even when it doesn't work, at least they are trying it. Even Dzeko & Negredo are linking up. It's so simple at times & so annoying that it didn't happen before.

Previously, only Tevez & Aguero played together, but Tevez isn't an out & out striker.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:<null>

Good start ...
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Imo he didn't get anything out of them as pairs, just as individuals. The famous Aguero goal was one of the only times I've seen Balotelli pass to him.

Now they are all trying to do the stuff strikers do in partnerships. Even when it doesn't work, at least they are trying it. Even Dzeko & Negredo are linking up. It's so simple at times & so annoying that it didn't happen before.

Previously, only Tevez & Aguero played together, but Tevez isn't an out & out striker.

Correct although re Tevez and Aguero, Aguero's first against Norwich in the title winning season at Carrow Road was one of the best goals I've ever seen us score.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:When one performs both seem to and they always appear to be 'out of form' at the same time too.
so what you're saying is that we need to time their 'monthlies' with the International breaks?
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm

ant london wrote:
Three assists and a goal took Aguero to that impressive of statuses - no Premier League player has either scored more or assisted more league goals this season - to be top of both lists highlights his immense quality. 18 goals either finished or created in his 12 games at club level this season is the record of a striker at the very top of his powers.

Impressive stuff. Top of charts for goals scored and assisted. Of course the media ignore this and wank over Ozil or Ramsey or Shrek or even Suarez. Certainly the best striker i've seen at club. Admittedly i only go back to 1980/81 but nonetheless a class act who has everything in his game to be one of the greats
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:50 am

another statistic.

Sergio Aguero scores a goal every 108.33 minutes in the Premier League making him the most prolific striker in PL history above the likes of Suarez, RVP, Henry, Nistelrooy, and Dzeko (#6 on the list)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 am

phips wrote:another statistic.

Sergio Aguero scores a goal every 108.33 minutes in the Premier League making him the most prolific striker in PL history above the likes of Suarez, RVP, Henry, Nistelrooy, and Dzeko (#6 on the list)

What, no Rooney?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am

Really??

Like... um... eh... is this not mentioned in enough other threads over the last two months?

Sheeeeesh.
Original Dub

Postby phips » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

What, no Rooney?

not even in the top 10. Both Javier Hernandez and RVP are ahead of him
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus