nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I actually think Nasty has improved this season. He's still prone to mistakes, and he has a somewhat nonchalant / lazy attitude at times (like letting his man go, or not jumping to win a header).

But he's getting more stuck in this season, and is trying to do more of the real and difficult defending. In one way it's just logical that you make more (visible) mistakes, when you engage instead of go hiding.

I think he can become a really good defender, and I reckon he will do really well already this season if he get to play a few games in a row with one and the same centre back colleague (not Garcia obviously).

That said, I still think Lescott is the better defender, but sooner or later you need to give a young(ish) lad the chance if you want to build for the future and not only buy finished products. I just wish we had a young promising left back on our lists that could get game time ahead if Clichy ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 am

aaron bond wrote: We paid £12m + Savic (£7m) for him. That's effectively £19m. For that money we should be getting a genuine world class defender. Instead we have a hopeless youngster who will end up playing with Federico Macheda in a couple of years.

Adil Rami is being loaned out from Valencia to Milan with the option to buy for £7m!
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 am

aaron bond wrote: Either way, he's far better than Nastasic will ever be.

I wouldn't go that far Nastastic is still young.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 am

What u guys think about Benatia ? He really impress me in Roma. Only 1 goal in how much now 8 games and he's really in command in the area.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am

mr_nool wrote:I actually think Nasty has improved this season. He's still prone to mistakes, and he has a somewhat nonchalant / lazy attitude at times (like letting his man go, or not jumping to win a header).

But he's getting more stuck in this season, and is trying to do more of the real and difficult defending. In one way it's just logical that you make more (visible) mistakes, when you engage instead of go hiding.

I think he can become a really good defender, and I reckon he will do really well already this season if he get to play a few games in a row with one and the same centre back colleague (not Garcia obviously).

That said, I still think Lescott is the better defender, but sooner or later you need to give a young(ish) lad the chance if you want to build for the future and not only buy finished products. I just wish we had a young promising left back on our lists that could get game time ahead if Clichy ...

I think this thread needs someone to dig up an 'errors by Lescott' list to refresh memories. Sounding like a world-beater at the moment!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:23 am

john@staustell wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I actually think Nasty has improved this season. He's still prone to mistakes, and he has a somewhat nonchalant / lazy attitude at times (like letting his man go, or not jumping to win a header).

I think this thread needs someone to dig up an 'errors by Lescott' list to refresh memories. Sounding like a world-beater at the moment!

Quite the opposite.

When Lescott plays, people spend each 90 mins waiting for the first mistake then jump on it & re hash it pretty much forever. People are still bringing up the header v QPR from 2 fucking seasons ago. Yet Vinny also made a dreadful howler in the same game, but that doesn't matter. Nor any of his, or Nastasic's other mistakes. Only Lescott gets a list of errors brought back to haunt him.

I've let shiploads of dreadful moments go from Nastasic so far this season with no more than an occasional comment. He has been all over the fucking place but few have mentioned it until recently, when it's starting to become too obvious to be ignored . I don't see that as an end to his career, just that we should have a proper cb for the big games.

On Sunday's game; I've had enough. I can keep quiet about most of his fuckups but I KNOW he could have done better there & I'm not just sitting here while he gets another free pass. Had it been JL, he would be rightly getting shit for it, as well as Hart.

It's not fair the way others are allowed to fuckup & JL isn't.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

Joe Hart, is compiling a box set of fuck ups. Any blame on Nastasic for Sunday is piss poor. Hart even pulled his hands out of the way rather than palm it away. That for your last line of defence is where wea are at with Him. He is not prepared to say OK I'm walking but we get a draw. He is so hell bent on Charging out nothing was thought out like Lloris at Spurs..He ran past the play again costing us the game, how the fuck anyone fails to see that and have the front blame anybody else just as fucking stupid.

If he had brought Torres down or handled it nobody would bat an eyelid. No he if Forrest fucking Gump.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 am

Hazy2 wrote:Joe Hart, is compiling a box set of fuck ups. Any blame on Nastasic for Sunday is piss poor. Hart even pulled his hands out of the way rather than palm it away. That for your last line of defence is where wea are at with Him. He is not prepared to say OK I'm walking but we get a draw. He is so hell bent on Charging out nothing was thought out like Lloris at Spurs..He ran past the play again costing us the game, how the fuck anyone fails to see that and have the front blame anybody else just as fucking stupid.

If he had brought Torres down or handled it nobody would bat an eyelid. No he if Forrest fucking Gump.

Nobody fails to blame Hart.

Some of us think that Nastasic was ALSO shit for his part, which should have involved clearing the ball thus avoiding Hart's fuckup in the first place. This is not fantasy land, it is standard practice but in Nasasic world, it becomes an unreasonable expectation on 'the young lad'.

That 'some of us' includes some ex footballers, media & indeed an ex City goalkeeper.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am

I just can't understand why would anybody think that Nastasic should think that Hart would go out of hes hand zone is unexplainable to me ? When ball was over Nastasic he maybe then see Hart coming out . But why he would think that Hart would go on the ball when he can stop and just wait to see how hes defender would easy handle that situation ?! And to blame him for something that i m sure almost all class defenders would do in that situation is just unfair, hes should think and watch on striker on ball and watch is Hart stupid enough to go out !If somebody think hes not good enough ok , but that was Hart mistake and insane one to.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Joe Hart, is compiling a box set of fuck ups. Any blame on Nastasic for Sunday is piss poor. Hart even pulled his hands out of the way rather than palm it away. That for your last line of defence is where wea are at with Him. He is not prepared to say OK I'm walking but we get a draw. He is so hell bent on Charging out nothing was thought out like Lloris at Spurs..He ran past the play again costing us the game, how the fuck anyone fails to see that and have the front blame anybody else just as fucking stupid.

Some of us think that Nastasic was ALSO shit for his part, which should have involved clearing the ball thus avoiding Hart's fuckup in the first place. This is not fantasy land, it is standard practice but in Nasasic world, it becomes an unreasonable expectation on 'the young lad'.

That 'some of us' includes some ex footballers, media & indeed an ex City goalkeeper.

It does not matter a jot who is who Hart is to blame again. It was a Nod back to an empty penalty area, with Torres lurking it was a great turn of speed and simple stuff we see every week from centre halfs, the missing person was the daft cunt who had taken leave of his senses and charged out and got nothing, he pulled his hands in not out to stop the ball. Souness was spot on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 am

Cit.revenge wrote:I just can't understand why would anybody think that Nastasic should think that Hart would go out of hes hand zone is unexplainable to me ? When ball was over Nastasic he maybe then see Hart coming out . But why he would think that Hart would go on the ball when he can stop and just wait to see how hes defender would easy handle that situation ?! And to blame him for something that i m sure almost all class defenders would do in that situation is just unfair, hes should think and watch on striker on ball and watch is Hart stupid enough to go out !If somebody think hes not good enough ok , but that was Hart mistake and insane one to.

There is no reason Nastasic should expect Hart to come out. Hart fucked up badly.

Who says different ?

I say he should have headed the ball out before it bounced & then when he saw that fucking clown heading towards him, he should have either obstructed Torres whilst Hart tried to sort it, or headed the ball towards the corner flag.

I recon he had a full 2 seconds to decide.

Imo, he bottled it & went through the motions of heading the ball back, like a robot, rather than reacting & saving the day, then giving Hart a bollocking, like a fantastic world class cb prospect.

Edit: I would add that I bet if it happens again one day, Nastasic will take control & sort it, just like people are saying he had no chance of doing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It does not matter a jot who is who Hart is to blame again. It was a Nod back to an empty penalty area, with Torres lurking it was a great turn of speed and simple stuff we see every week from centre halfs, the missing person was the daft cunt who had taken leave of his senses and charged out and got nothing, he pulled his hands in not out to stop the ball. Souness was spot on.

So Nastasic didn't see him then ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 am

Petr Cech proved he is a fully paid-up member of the ‘goalkeepers’ union’ after insisting Joe Hart should not be held accountable for Fernando Torres’ last-minute winner against Manchester City.

More questions have been asked of City’s under-fire goalkeeper following yesterday’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea, with many saying Hart was to blame for the confusion between himself and defender Matija Nastasic.

But Cech, who himself was beaten at his near-post as Sergio Aguero cancelled out Andre Schurrle’s first-half opener, insists it was Nastasic who made the error, not fellow stopper Hart.

‘The defender [Nastasic] made a mistake,’ the Czech international told Chelsea TV.

‘He didn’t see the goalkeeper [Hart] coming, which I thought he had plenty of time to see the goalkeeper coming, but he didn’t because Fernando [Torres] was putting him under pressure.

‘And because he [Torres] followed he had an easy tap in.’

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

So Nastasic didn't see him then ?

From a lump up the field Joe is the one with the picture of the game, Nasti is marking Torress High up the pitch, If sees him or not he heads after reading it great into the area he can pick it up and job done. Once the header is above Joe he has to a and should have got his hands on it regardless of where he was in the end. he did nothing which cost us the game ? No matter how many time you dice it Joe is at fault again.Top keeper with a major flaw in comms and through balls or hoofs as that was which has to be sorted.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 am

Ted - it is all about opinions - you have clearly got yours and they will not be shifted I respect that - but if you want to get on Nastasic's case I really think that you would be better off campaigning on some mistake - if he is so shit there must be many.

The problem with using this example is that some many of us clearly see Hart being to blame - and as you are entitled to your opinion we are entitled to ours - and they are as equally unlikely to change. As I mentioned earlier - late in the first half Terry headed back to his keeper when we hit a long ball and Aguerro was chasing it - confident in the knowledge that his keeper would be where he should be. The ground rang with applause for good CB work.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I just can't understand why would anybody think that Nastasic should think that Hart would go out of hes hand zone is unexplainable to me ? When ball was over Nastasic he maybe then see Hart coming out . But why he would think that Hart would go on the ball when he can stop and just wait to see how hes defender would easy handle that situation ?! And to blame him for something that i m sure almost all class defenders would do in that situation is just unfair, hes should think and watch on striker on ball and watch is Hart stupid enough to go out !If somebody think hes not good enough ok , but that was Hart mistake and insane one to.

There is no reason Nastasic should expect Hart to come out. Hart fucked up badly.

Who says different ?

I say he should have headed the ball out before it bounced & then when he saw that fucking clown heading towards him, he should have either obstructed Torres whilst Hart tried to sort it, or headed the ball towards the corner flag.

Imo, he bottled it & went through the motions of heading the ball back, like a robot, rather than reacting & saving the day, then giving Hart a bollocking, like a fantastic world class cb prospect.

Edit: I would add that I bet if it happens again one day, Nastasic will take control & sort it, just like people are saying he had no chance of doing.

But my point is if Hart did not go with insanity charge it would be an ok move by CB .I just can't blame Nastasic because he did something that would normal finish as our ball in keeper hands. I know he could hit the ball in out but for me he had time to calm return ball to keeper and go in attack .No hi did not he maybe see Hart going out when ball hit the ground and in that time nothing in my mind would make him think that idiot would come out and he was full attention to watch where is Torres and how to return the ball , he maybe so Hart in moment hes going to hit the ball and try to hit it harder- First blame of Hart is to go out at all second is not get a red and point to us. Just not Nastasic blame ,i can't blame somebody for other players insane moves.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Ted - it is all about opinions - you have clearly got yours and they will not be shifted I respect that - but if you want to get on Nastasic's case I really think that you would be better off campaigning on some mistake - if he is so shit there must be many.

The problem with using this example is that some many of us clearly see Hart being to blame - and as you are entitled to your opinion we are entitled to ours - and they are as equally unlikely to change. As I mentioned earlier - late in the first half Terry headed back to his keeper when we hit a long ball and Aguerro was chasing it - confident in the knowledge that his keeper would be where he should be. The ground rang with applause for good CB work.

The difference between this & Terry, is that the goalkeeper wasn't stood 3 feet away from him when he headed it & that he hadn't failed to spot the danger earlier & failed to clear the ball, letting it bounce instead.

I don't want to get on Nastasic's case, I've let him off pretty much all season, including at Villa when many blamed him for a similar incident which imo was Vinny & Hart's fault, not Nasti's, but he's not having this one.

He was shit all game & this was the chance to redeem it. Just because Hart fucked up, doesn't mean that it was an iredeemable situation, & if Nasti had done his job, Hart wouldn't have had to make a decision anyway as the ball would have been cleared. Nastasic has got stuck in more this season, so I've been happy with his progress in spite of him making a big fuck up in just about every half all season.

But v Chelsea, he was back to the indecisive non entity we saw last season; stood around doing fuck all, making no challenges v people like Terry & Torres & generally a waste of space, with his complete lack of ANY reaction at the death being the culmination of 90 mins pure shit.

Blues legend Joe Corrigan believes that the Romanian can seize his chance to take over in goal if he impresses in tomorrow night's Capital One Cup tie at Newcastle.

Corrigan made it plain that he feels defender Matija Nastasic was also to blame for the error which handed Fernando Torres the winning goal in Sunday's match at Chelsea.

Corrigan insists that Nastasic should have dealt with the ball in the first place, but that Hart then compounded that error – and turned it into a match-losing situation – by racing out of his goal.

“The first thing we should say is that the defender should have cleared it,” said Corrigan. “But once the ball bounces the golden rule, which we were always taught as kids, is that if there is a defender about, stay away and see what happens after that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:05 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Who says different ?

But my point is if Hart did not go with insanity charge it would be an ok move by CB .I just can't blame Nastasic because he did something that would normal finish us our ball in keeper hands. I know he could hit the ball in out but for me he had time to calm return ball to keeper and go in attack .No hi did not he maybe see Hart going out when ball hit the ground and in that time nothing in my mind would make him think that idiot would come out and he was full attention to watch where is Torres and how to return the ball , he maybe so Hart in moment hes going to hit the ball and try to hit it harder- First blame of Hart is to go out at all second is not get a red and point to us. Just not Nastasic blame ,i can't blame somebody for other players insane moves.

I hope nobody ever has to brake on a motorway with Nastasic in the car behind, because he will run into the back of you at full speed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Ted - it is all about opinions - you have clearly got yours and they will not be shifted I respect that - but if you want to get on Nastasic's case I really think that you would be better off campaigning on some mistake - if he is so shit there must be many.

The difference between this & Terry, is that the goalkeeper wasn't stood 3 feet away from him when he headed it & that he hadn't failed to spot the danger earlier & failed to clear the ball, letting it bounce instead.

I don't want to get on Nastasic's case, I've let him off pretty much all season, including at Villa when many blamed him for a similar incident which imo was Vinny & Hart's fault, not Nasti's, but he's not having this one.

He was shit all game & this was the chance to redeem it. Just because Hart fucked up, doesn't mean that it was an iredeemable situation, & if Nasti had done his job, Hart wouldn't have had to make a decision anyway as the ball would have been cleared. Nastasic has got stuck in more this season, so I've been happy with his progress in spite of him making a big fuck up in just about every half all season.

But v Chelsea, he was back to the indecisive non entity we saw last season; stood around doing fuck all, making no challenges v people like Terry & Torres & generally a waste of space, with his complete lack of ANY reaction at the death being the culmination of 90 mins pure shit.

Blues legend Joe Corrigan believes that the Romanian can seize his chance to take over in goal if he impresses in tomorrow night's Capital One Cup tie at Newcastle.

Corrigan made it plain that he feels defender Matija Nastasic was also to blame for the error which handed Fernando Torres the winning goal in Sunday's match at Chelsea.

Corrigan insists that Nastasic should have dealt with the ball in the first place, but that Hart then compounded that error – and turned it into a match-losing situation – by racing out of his goal.

“The first thing we should say is that the defender should have cleared it,” said Corrigan. “But once the ball bounces the golden rule, which we were always taught as kids, is that if there is a defender about, stay away and see what happens after that.

Ted u can say hes bad defender i would say ok , u can say he had bad game i would say ok, but what he did is for me normal reaction of class defender . Let ball pass him because he see Torres can't make him problem and then return the ball to keeper . I just can't blame Nastasic for move witch would be great had Hart just fuckin stay in zone to catch it . I can blame Nastasic because he did not afraid so much of Hart idiotic moves that he must check would he charge on ball he had secure or head ball in out all the time witch he can return to keeper because this guy is so insane to run out on ball without any fuckin reason at all, i just can blame him for that.
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:28 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Ted u can say hes bad defender i would say ok , u can say he had bad game i would say ok, but what he did is for me normal reaction of class defender . Let ball pass him because he see Torres can't make him problem and then return the ball to keeper . I just can't blame Nastasic for move witch would be great had Hart just fuckin stay in zone to catch it . I can blame Nastasic because he did not afraid so much of Hart idiotic moves that he must check would he charge on ball he had secure or head ball in out all the time witch he can return to keeper because this guy is so insane to run out on ball without any fuckin reason at all, i just can blame him for that.

I don't think he's a bad defender, I think he's average & may perhaps one day become good.

He was shit v Chelsea though.

I expect players to react to situations, even sometimes awkward ones caused by other's mistakes.

I also expect players to mark their men, & take responsibilty for situations, none of which Nastasic did v Chelsea.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum