nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Symptomatic of our season. Started great, turned to shit.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:23 am

Sadly everyone was so anxious to get rid of savic that anyone half decent was going to be welcomed with open arms. Nothing to suggest that Nasty is a real improvement though. He's no centre half , at least not a premier league one. It's a pity the one man I had great hopes for at centre back looks like he's on his way out. Micah ,where did it all go wrong?
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

aaron bond wrote:By far the shittest player we have in our squad. I just hope we get rid of the useless twat this summer. It's embarrassing someone as awful as him is part of our squad. A colossal waste of money. Get rid, even for free - the key thing is to make sure we are no longer paying his wages.

I think this is way over the top. We're talking about a young kid who had a very good debut season.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:10 am

Am I wrong if I say this lad was perhaps the best player just one year ago? What's the matter with him now? It's really a mistery to me!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Am I wrong if I say this lad was perhaps the best player just one year ago? What's the matter with him now? It's really a mistery to me!

I know what you mean.I was very impressed with him early days and thought he looked a great prospect for his age but he has really gone backwards big time.
Green & Blue

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 02, 2014 2:27 pm

HE IS BACK IN TRAINING!!! 1 Week before the end of the season! Thanks Nasty.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm

The new Glauber Berti?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri May 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
aaron bond wrote:By far the shittest player we have in our squad. I just hope we get rid of the useless twat this summer. It's embarrassing someone as awful as him is part of our squad. A colossal waste of money. Get rid, even for free - the key thing is to make sure we are no longer paying his wages.

I think this is way over the top. We're talking about a young kid who had a very good debut season.

you're havin' a giggle m8
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri May 02, 2014 3:54 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
you're havin' a giggle m8

i in6t u spk english and make more ov a point

Don't you think he had a good season last time around?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 02, 2014 4:36 pm

I think he was fairly shite first season & exactly the same this season, possibly slightly worse. People were keen to ignore his mistakes last season & I decided I'd only mention about 1 in 10, but I spotted scores of them & a real lack of team ethic in his defending.

But it is common that young defenders are fairly shite & get caught out.

What worries me about Nastasic is that he has no great pace, can't jump particularly well, no natural defensive instict & isn't especially good on the ball. He is going to have to become one seriously crafty/hard bastard ala John Terry, if he's going to be anything other than a handicap in the coming seasons, now that we play so much more 'open'.

Rafa Verane at Real Madrid has lost his place in the team due to naive defending, but he is 2 yards quicker, jumps a foot higher & is twice as good in possession. If Nastasic had his physical abilities, or indeed Micah Richards' physical abilities, I would be optimistic he can eventually do the job required, but I worry that, because he is young, he will be continually allowed to make match losing mistakes, or just basically do nothing & get away with it. I have the same worries about Rekik potentially coming back.

I really hope we sign centre backs or I think we've shit the lot next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Preferred to see Lescott but all-in-all I thought he had a decent season for his first, and at his age.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 420[C]ity » Fri May 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

Yes definitely. Nastasic had a very impressive debut season and I believe that he could still become top class given a few more years. We need to loan him out to a mediocre english team for a season and see how well he does as a first team player. Let's not forget he was 18 when he joined the club so the few mistakes, yet crucial ones he made , must be pardoned
420[C]ity
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Vincent kompany

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri May 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Was nowhere near as good as people said he was. Now he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.IMO
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Was nowhere near as good as people said he was. Now he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.IMO

Probably a honest assumption.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bayblue » Fri May 02, 2014 11:20 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Was nowhere near as good as people said he was. Now he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.IMO

Agree. I'm surprised at how many people seemed to have turned on him.
The dilemma though is he's not good enough to be first choice, and yet if he doesn't get game time he's unlikely to mature into a first choice.
If Lescott is off I'd keep Nasti and Demi for one more year as long as we get a top notch CB in.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 pm

420[C]ity wrote: Yes definitely. Nastasic had a very impressive debut season and I believe that he could still become top class given a few more years. We need to loan him out to a mediocre english team for a season and see how well he does as a first team player. Let's not forget he was 18 when he joined the club so the few mistakes, yet crucial ones he made , must be pardoned

A loan next season wouldn't be a bad shout, but it would need to be with a team that won't just park the bus, it would need to be a team that presses and the defence will have to be on their toes.

I agree he's a youngster that is copping way too much flack and if he can do a season or half on loan, staying fit in the process then great. But as I say it needs to be with a team playing similar traits to our own, if that means dropping a league here or going to Europe, that would benefit more than playing a lower level prem team IMHO.
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 03, 2014 5:37 am

too soon to give up on the lad.

he has some potential still.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 03, 2014 8:43 am

CTID Hants wrote:
420[C]ity wrote: Yes definitely. Nastasic had a very impressive debut season and I believe that he could still become top class given a few more years. We need to loan him out to a mediocre english team for a season and see how well he does as a first team player. Let's not forget he was 18 when he joined the club so the few mistakes, yet crucial ones he made , must be pardoned

A loan next season wouldn't be a bad shout, but it would need to be with a team that won't just park the bus, it would need to be a team that presses and the defence will have to be on their toes.

I agree he's a youngster that is copping way too much flack and if he can do a season or half on loan, staying fit in the process then great. But as I say it needs to be with a team playing similar traits to our own, if that means dropping a league here or going to Europe, that would benefit more than playing a lower level prem team IMHO.

He isn't copping any flack whatsoever. He is getting paid loads of money for not playing football & hardly gets a mention. This thread is about him, so he gets a mention.

If he'd had anything like the potential some people were attributing to him, there would be threads every week asking about his recuperation & whether he'll be fit to 'help' for the run in. The fact that nobody gave a shite whether he was fit or not, is a true indication of his value to MCFC at this present time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 03, 2014 9:00 am

To be fair, in my own opinion, he would fit better into Chelsea's style of play, rather than our own under Pellegrini.

He'd be happier with a couple of defensive midfielders in front of him, with good defenders alongside him and, in such circumstances, he probably would shine to some degree (especially when Mourinho goes off on one of his adventures and sets out to "park the bus").

In our own system, his ability on the ball notwithstanding, at his very best he's just about average and when he's not at his best he's just a tad above mediocre. I don't think the potential is there for him to be a fine defender, even with a few more years under his belt.

Just my own thoughts.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat May 03, 2014 9:01 am

PrezIke wrote:too soon to give up on the lad.

he has some potential still.

I've yet to see any of this potential. He got carried last season. Maybe it was harder to see because Mancini was alot more defensive than mp. Especially with Barry starting every game and yaya playing deep.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum