nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:He needs loaning out while we get a decent cb. Him, Garcia and hart are costing us silly points. It's funny that city worse performing players are getting starts without question. Even the old Argie cb looked miles better than nasti.

Understand your view - but I could not have a more opposite opinion

We are in a problem situation because we do not have sufficient cover in the CB area - so why loan him out??

It is clear that the club and their management team see him as a central player in years to come. IMO the mistake we made was nothing to do with Nastasic - so lets stop dumping on him please.

Ideally, Kolo would have stayed but that was not the case. Lescott is seen as not good enough now - certainly nowhere near as good as Nastasic - that is not my opinion, my opinion is just a fan's opinion like yours - it seems the opinion of highly qualified managers, both current and previous. Logically (hopefully) far more qualified than you or me. We should have bought a top number 2 CB in the summer - and then let Nastasic develop - that we did not is not his fault!!

We need to get 3 quality CBs and another developing that can play in the style & formation that the manager wants - and lose the rest.

I am certainly one of those that believe that CBs need to more than they did decades ago and Lescott does now - but again that is unimportant - what is important is that Pellegrini thinks that.

I think that people are getting a bit fixated in their views against Nastasic - again just my opinion - and cannot let it go.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I think Nastasic will be one of the best CBs around in the near future - not really his fault that after Vinnie gets injured he has to be the top CB - but it shows that he is better than the rest of the options - perhaps Demichelis will get ahead.

Re the goal - as someone in the Shed and having to watch that I - and everyone around me that had the lose up view were clear on where fault lay - HART!!! big time. Just look at it again from Nastasic's point of view.....

1/ Hopeful punt out of defence he has options head it out or forward but that could leave CITY under pressure

2/ He chooses what is the best option (IMO) and shows what a confident player he is - lets it bounce so that he can safely head back to his keeper

3/ Only to see this utter fuckwit charging out of his area (so he cannot catch the ball) and then

4/ Tries to head the ball harder to get it out of play - he did not have time to consider loads of options - he is probably too busy thinking to himself "just what the fuck is this cunt doing???"

5/ He was blameless for me - even if he hears Hart at the death - that would have just been confusing - it is his ball to deal with

Some utter shite talked on this site sometimes - but some of the crap I saw yesterday when on the train back blaming Nastasic - well I just had to log out.
Great post,and in my opinion absolutely spot on.

I think the difference in opinion boils down to perception.I think those who have played a bit off football over the years see it differently to supporters who haven't played.Nasti was rightly anticipating a simple head back to the keeper,and why shouldn't he have been,the simple headed back pass was on there was not any real threat.How can he anticipate that the daft cunt that even we fans all think is super glued to his goal line is going to come rushing out like someone has just shoved a firework up his arse,

Or those with reactions & peripheral vision, who can head a football.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Interesting about "the old Argie" & pellegrini for that matter:

Ref demechelis's nomination in the la liga team of the season:-

The veteran Argentina international, 32, might be in the latter stages of his career, but he has been an inspiration for Malaga this season. Until their post-Champions League meltdown, the Andalusian club boasted the second-best defensive record in La Liga, and Demichelis's steady consistency was the main reason why.

The "post champs league meltdown" comment isn't entirely encouraging but the rest of it is food for thought...
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Wooders wrote:Interesting about "the old Argie" & pellegrini for that matter:

Ref demechelis's nomination in the la liga team of the season:-

The veteran Argentina international, 32, might be in the latter stages of his career, but he has been an inspiration for Malaga this season. Until their post-Champions League meltdown, the Andalusian club boasted the second-best defensive record in La Liga, and Demichelis's steady consistency was the main reason why.

The "post champs league meltdown" comment isn't entirely encouraging but the rest of it is food for thought...

I think he did well later on, but the bloke chosen by most next to him or ahead of him in the various La Liga teams of the season, is the geezer the rags were running rings round & taking the piss out of for Sociedad last week; Inigo Martinez who actually scored the rags' winner in his own net.

So I recon we'll have to judge him on what he does here, as it's a different game, which he'll have to learn quickly.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
What annoys me about the stupid idea that we need a ball playing centre half is the fact that yaya or ferna just come and take the ball off them anyway.

Show me one nastasic pass that has sprung a brilliant counter and I'll show twice as many pieces of brilliant defending from jolean. It's making me dislike nastasic, when realistically he's just a young defender who should be easing his way into the side for the long run.

Spot on. As long as a centre half can pass the ball 5 or 10 yards to a midfielder on our side or welly it up the field if necessary,what are we expecting them to do? Waltz round 3 of the opposition before slideruling it through to Aguero! Thats why we pay Silva or Nasri the big bucks
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
overanalysis of minor details? If what the two of them did yesterday to fuck that match up is a minor detail then I fear to imagine what a major item would be in your mind. A point we didn't earn. At the least. That isn't a minor fucking detail, is it?

I haven't said the fuckup was a minor detail. I'm referring to the analysis and hand-wringing over the minor details of the fuckup. Joe made a knobheaded decision out of an over-zealous desire to get the ball and get us on the counter attack. He titsed it up. It doesn't require expert analysis. Human beings cock up.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Got to say the error yesterday was all. There was no need for him to come charging out. Absolutely no need. Nasty had the situation covered and had Hat not come charging out, he would have had a simple header back. It wasn't Hart's ball to deal with yet he came out and clattered into Nastasic.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby bobadji » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 pm

to be fair to the lad he's playing with a different centre back/full backs every week, it's got to be hard to settle in the side and he's playing for 2 when that oaf Garcia is in.
The goal was completly Hart's fault, I can't understand how people can see it the other way. I'm a fan of his but he just had a complete rush of blood, Nastastic was under barely any pressure and I just fail to see why Hart thought he had to charge out. Watching it again I actually think he had his original positioning all wrong and had no idea where he was in relation to the box. Hes a good way out of it.
While I'm here too, Lescott is fucking shit, the title win was in spite of him not because.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Herb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 pm

For the little that it's worth, I think Nastasic is a good player and stands up well to comparison in the PL - perhaps some better and some worse? But for his age he's excellent and he has everything to suggest that he'll be world class in years to come.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Herb wrote:For the little that it's worth, I think Nastasic is a good player and stands up well to comparison in the PL - perhaps some better and some worse? But for his age he's excellent and he has everything to suggest that he'll be world class in years to come.

And for their age Aston villa are an excellent side some weeks, means fuck all if you want to win trophies mats.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Seeing as it was impossible for Nastasic to react to Hart's mistake, just how much time do you lot recon a pro footballer needs in order to react to a situation ?

And do you therefore think they are worth the same wages as cricketers, who have to assess the trajectory, height pace & movement of a small object in the space of 0.65 seconds, move their feet into position, & hit it with a piece of wood several inches wide?

Impossible my arse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Herb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Herb wrote:For the little that it's worth, I think Nastasic is a good player and stands up well to comparison in the PL - perhaps some better and some worse? But for his age he's excellent and he has everything to suggest that he'll be world class in years to come.

And for their age Aston villa are an excellent side some weeks, means fuck all if you want to win trophies mats.

I know what you're saying and it's a fair point when you put it like that in response to my poorly delivered opinion.
However, I do think he's good enough to do his job provided he has players around him who can do theirs . . . IMO if he'd been 5 years older and more experienced then he might have (as example) 'just known' that Hart was about to commit goalkeeping suicide . . but he didn't because he's good but he's young and a 5 year older / more experienced version of Nastasic would cost us £30M+ if there were one for sale.
There's nothing we can't win with Nastasic in our squad but we need better players than Joe Hart around him.

One thing to consider; We have a very good record as a defence and that's because we have a very good defence. So why do we slate our defenders? Could it perhaps be because most of the few mistakes they make are thrown under the spotlight because Joe flaps and fluffs his lines?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Herb wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I know what you're saying and it's a fair point when you put it like that in response to my poorly delivered opinion.
However, I do think he's good enough to do his job provided he has players around him who can do theirs . . . IMO if he'd been 5 years older and more experienced then he might have (as example) 'just known' that Hart was about to commit goalkeeping suicide . . but he didn't because he's good but he's young and a 5 year older / more experienced version of Nastasic would cost us £30M+ if there were one for sale.
There's nothing we can't win with Nastasic in our squad but we need better players than Joe Hart around him.

I think we will end up with someone faster & better in the air.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Seeing as it was impossible for Nastasic to react to Hart's mistake, just how much time do you lot recon a pro footballer needs in order to react to a situation ?

And do you therefore think they are worth the same wages as cricketers, who have to assess the trajectory, height pace & movement of a small object in the space of 0.65 seconds, move their feet into position, & hit it with a piece of wood several inches wide?

Impossible my arse.

Don't over do it mate, people might start thinking you have an agenda.

The team fucked up. It's gone now. Both nastasic and hart are quality but their decision making at key moments is questionable at best.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Seeing as it was impossible for Nastasic to react to Hart's mistake, just how much time do you lot recon a pro footballer needs in order to react to a situation ?

Impossible my arse.

I'm not Nasty's biggest fan and don't think he is anything special, nor do I think he couldn't have done any better for Torres's goal BUT surely the majority of blame has to go to Hart there? The keeper storming out there when there is zero reason to do so would have confused the fuck out of many defenders. He didn't react quick enough true but it was Hart who surely takes most of the blame there.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I actually think Nasty has improved this season. He's still prone to mistakes, and he has a somewhat nonchalant / lazy attitude at times (like letting his man go, or not jumping to win a header).

But he's getting more stuck in this season, and is trying to do more of the real and difficult defending. In one way it's just logical that you make more (visible) mistakes, when you engage instead of go hiding.

I think he can become a really good defender, and I reckon he will do really well already this season if he get to play a few games in a row with one and the same centre back colleague (not Garcia obviously).

That said, I still think Lescott is the better defender, but sooner or later you need to give a young(ish) lad the chance if you want to build for the future and not only buy finished products. I just wish we had a young promising left back on our lists that could get game time ahead if Clichy ...
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 am

aaron bond wrote: We paid £12m + Savic (£7m) for him. That's effectively £19m. For that money we should be getting a genuine world class defender. Instead we have a hopeless youngster who will end up playing with Federico Macheda in a couple of years.

Adil Rami is being loaned out from Valencia to Milan with the option to buy for £7m!
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 am

aaron bond wrote: Either way, he's far better than Nastasic will ever be.

I wouldn't go that far Nastastic is still young.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 am

What u guys think about Benatia ? He really impress me in Roma. Only 1 goal in how much now 8 games and he's really in command in the area.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am

mr_nool wrote:I actually think Nasty has improved this season. He's still prone to mistakes, and he has a somewhat nonchalant / lazy attitude at times (like letting his man go, or not jumping to win a header).

But he's getting more stuck in this season, and is trying to do more of the real and difficult defending. In one way it's just logical that you make more (visible) mistakes, when you engage instead of go hiding.

I think he can become a really good defender, and I reckon he will do really well already this season if he get to play a few games in a row with one and the same centre back colleague (not Garcia obviously).

That said, I still think Lescott is the better defender, but sooner or later you need to give a young(ish) lad the chance if you want to build for the future and not only buy finished products. I just wish we had a young promising left back on our lists that could get game time ahead if Clichy ...

I think this thread needs someone to dig up an 'errors by Lescott' list to refresh memories. Sounding like a world-beater at the moment!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum