nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 am

Can't believe some of the crap I'm reading.

1) Lescott is OK at last ditch defending but with the ball at his feet he's an utter nightmare. Anyone who cant see that has lost it and he has done well to hang around our squad this long. Strange coincidence how Pelle thinks the same as Mancini isn't it?
2) Nastasic is good with the ball at his feet, and yesterday was called a 'rock' by G Neville until Hart's debacle
3) Anyone who thinks that wasn't 100% Hart's fault is off their head - the bottom line is 'What the fuck was he doing'?
4) Lescott cannot play right CB, yet we've got 'expert' pundits on TV and on here saying he should've started not Demichelis (before the match). Insanity.
5) Some loon said on here or elsewhere on Saturday that Boyata should get the right CB slot not Demichelis, an international proven top level defender. I mean WTF is all that about? Presumably the only reason is he's 'young'? Though no where near as young as when he was given his first big chance which he's failed to move on from.

What I was encouraged about was the performance of Demichelis - clearly not match fit but assured and giving directions a lot. Good on the ball and once fit should be at last a suitable fill-in for Kompany.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 am

john@staustell wrote:Can't believe some of the crap I'm reading.

1) Lescott is OK at last ditch defending but with the ball at his feet he's an utter nightmare. Anyone who cant see that has lost it and he has done well to hang around our squad this long. Strange coincidence how Pelle thinks the same as Mancini isn't it?
2) Nastasic is good with the ball at his feet, and yesterday was called a 'rock' by G Neville until Hart's debacle
3) Anyone who thinks that wasn't 100% Hart's fault is off their head - the bottom line is 'What the fuck was he doing'?
4) Lescott cannot play right CB, yet we've got 'expert' pundits on TV and on here saying he should've started not Demichelis (before the match). Insanity.
5) Some loon said on here or elsewhere on Saturday that Boyata should get the right CB slot not Demichelis, an international proven top level defender. I mean WTF is all that about? Presumably the only reason is he's 'young'? Though no where near as young as when he was given his first big chance which he's failed to move on from.

What I was encouraged about was the performance of Demichelis - clearly not match fit but assured and giving directions a lot. Good on the ball and once fit should be at last a suitable fill-in for Kompany.

Demichelis did well late in the game, was total dogshit early on & Chelsea should have been 3 up because of sheer incompetence. The Count got it wrong & got away with it due to poor finishing from Cahill & Torres. That's it pure & simple; he fucked up picking Demichelis & was lucky.

Lescott would not be allowed to make those kind of mistakes, & the ones we have seen on a weekly basis, without people pointing it out & asking for him to be dropped.

And Neville showed a slomo of Nastasic stood with both feet on the ground as Terry headed another free header over the bar, which he usually scores. I didn't hear him describe that as defending like 'a rock'.

As I posted in the other thread; the idea that Lescott would fuck up the passing game of Barca or Bayern if he played for them, is truly fucking laughable. They would carry on without anyone even noticing. The so called 'nightmare' with the ball at his feet has played for years in the best passing team in the country; City. Mancini & Pellegrini try to ditch him (Mancini with Boateng & Savic, then Nastasic) & they were wrong. Now we have yet another challenger in Demichelis. The 4th player to try & replace Lescott.

Let's see if he hopefully fares better than the other 3.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Demichelis did well late in the game, was total dogshit early on & Chelsea should have been 3 up because of sheer incompetence. The Count got it wrong & got away with it due to poor finishing from Cahill & Torres. That's it pure & simple; he fucked up picking Demichelis & was lucky.

Lescott would not be allowed to make those kind of mistakes, & the ones we have seen on a weekly basis, without people pointing it out & asking for him to be dropped.

And Neville showed a slomo of Nastasic stood with both feet on the ground as Terry headed another free header over the bar, which he usually scores. I didn't hear him describe that as defending like 'a rock'.

As I posted in the other thread; the idea that Lescott would fuck up the passing game of Barca or Bayern if he played for them, is truly fucking laughable. They would carry on without anyone even noticing. The so called 'nightmare' with the ball at his feet has played for years in the best passing team in the country; City. Mancini & Pellegrini try to ditch him (Mancini with Boateng & Savic, then Nastasic) & they were wrong. Now we have yet another challenger in Demichelis. The 4th player to try & replace Lescott.

What annoys me about the stupid idea that we need a ball playing centre half is the fact that yaya or ferna just come and take the ball off them anyway.

Show me one nastasic pass that has sprung a brilliant counter and I'll show twice as many pieces of brilliant defending from jolean. It's making me dislike nastasic, when realistically he's just a young defender who should be easing his way into the side for the long run.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am

john@staustell wrote:Can't believe some of the crap I'm reading.

The bit I don't understand is your point 1 which is always trotted out about why he shouldn't play.There is no doubt he isn't great with the ball at his feet,passing it etc but defending is not about that. It's about clearing your lines,reading situations,using your strength and power in tight situations,being in the right place at the right time.Lescott is simply miles better than Nastasic as a defender at the moment.

I still don't know what the hell Nasti was doing when Torres crossed the ball for that first goal.He had moved into a great position to slide and stop the cross but didn't.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am

I think Lescott and Milner must be scratching their heads as to why they dont get a game. They are both chronically underused by City.

Lescott should have played last wednesday, should have played yesterday, and should be playing this wednesday and next saturday, as should Milner.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

What annoys me about the stupid idea that we need a ball playing centre half is the fact that yaya or ferna just come and take the ball off them anyway.

Show me one nastasic pass that has sprung a brilliant counter and I'll show twice as many pieces of brilliant defending from jolean. It's making me dislike nastasic, when realistically he's just a young defender who should be easing his way into the side for the long run.

I've made that exact point several times re this argument. How many times over a season, does Piquet's extra ball skill make the difference between a top Barca performance & a poor one ? Most of the time, the mids just take the ball off him. a ours should do with our defenders (why would anyone want to see Nastasic on the ball rather than Silva ?)

People like to pretend that Lescott gives the ball away all the time but it's a fact that he doesn't, he has a great pass success rate because he is intelligent & doesn't take stupid risks.

As you say, Nastasic should have been a kid who was brought through gradually, to learn from the best cb partnership in the country; Lescott & Vinny. Then just eased into the job as a stand in partner for either, eventually, if good enough, becoming first choice.

That's how Shankley or Paisley would have done it; not just torn the heart out & stuck a kid in.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 am

I think Nastasic will be one of the best CBs around in the near future - not really his fault that after Vinnie gets injured he has to be the top CB - but it shows that he is better than the rest of the options - perhaps Demichelis will get ahead.

Re the goal - as someone in the Shed and having to watch that I - and everyone around me that had the lose up view were clear on where fault lay - HART!!! big time. Just look at it again from Nastasic's point of view.....

1/ Hopeful punt out of defence he has options head it out or forward but that could leave CITY under pressure

2/ He chooses what is the best option (IMO) and shows what a confident player he is - lets it bounce so that he can safely head back to his keeper

3/ Only to see this utter fuckwit charging out of his area (so he cannot catch the ball) and then

4/ Tries to head the ball harder to get it out of play - he did not have time to consider loads of options - he is probably too busy thinking to himself "just what the fuck is this cunt doing???"

5/ He was blameless for me - even if he hears Hart at the death - that would have just been confusing - it is his ball to deal with

Some utter shite talked on this site sometimes - but some of the crap I saw yesterday when on the train back blaming Nastasic - well I just had to log out.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:42 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I think Nastasic will be one of the best CBs around in the near future - not really his fault that after Vinnie gets injured he has to be the top CB - but it shows that he is better than the rest of the options - perhaps Demichelis will get ahead.

Re the goal - as someone in the Shed and having to watch that I - and everyone around me that had the lose up view were clear on where fault lay - HART!!! big time. Just look at it again from Nastasic's point of view.....

1/ Hopeful punt out of defence he has options head it out or forward but that could leave CITY under pressure

2/ He chooses what is the best option (IMO) and shows what a confident player he is - lets it bounce so that he can safely head back to his keeper

3/ Only to see this utter fuckwit charging out of his area (so he cannot catch the ball) and then

4/ Tries to head the ball harder to get it out of play - he did not have time to consider loads of options - he is probably too busy thinking to himself "just what the fuck is this cunt doing???"

5/ He was blameless for me - even if he hears Hart at the death - that would have just been confusing - it is his ball to deal with

Some utter shite talked on this site sometimes - but some of the crap I saw yesterday when on the train back blaming Nastasic - well I just had to log out.

It wasn't the best option to let it bounce as it brings into play all the other factors. What if he'd lost his footing for instance ?

As for the other stuff, correct; he did SEE Hart & he chose his course of action to deal with it, which was shit.

He failed badly to deal with the situation. He should be able to put that ball out away from goal but his body reacted as if Hart was still there; he froze. It's not even important what he thought Hart was doing, it's how he reacts to the problem. It's his job to deal with bad situations, not just cave in when something unexpected happens.

And If he can't head a ball better than that, he isn't good enough. I can & so can he.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 pm

seen it twice agin today,I think he showed a great turn of pace he nooded back to where his keeper should be, nothing else to say, Hart was once again flying out of his box, when anyone with a football brain and can see the whole picture stays put and has a chance with anything that now unfolds to react, the charge of the Hart brigade again was again the wrong option. Nasty and Demi had Torres in there pockets after half time, Hart had one thing to do a fucked it up. Zabbas look at Hart is scary.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Hazy2 wrote:seen it twice agin today,I think he showed a great turn of pace he nooded back to where his keeper should be, nothing else to say, Hart was once again flying out of his box, when anyone with a football brain and can see the whole picture stays put and has a chance with anything that now unfolds to react, the charge of the Hart brigade again was again the wrong option. Nasty and Demi had Torres in there pockets after half time, Hart had one thing to do a fucked it up. Zabbas look at Hart is scary.

this all day long.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Ted - I disagree - re letting it bounce - but we all have our opinions. For me it was absolutely the right choice and the choice of a top CB - confident in his ability to deal with a ball - all the other options had clear risk - where this one just had the 'risk of him slipping" - well that is a bit fanciful - where as the others risks are actual.

Late in the 1st half - about the 40th minute I am guessing - Silva hit a long cross with Aguerro (I think) chasing it down - Terry headed it back with pace to his keeper - who was exactly where he should be - he did not have to look - because all top keepers would be in their area. Our singing was drowned out by the applause given to Terry for a CB job well done.

I think that a number on here have the knife out for Nastasic - that is fair if that is their opinion - I happen to think he will develop into a top CB and is already a very good one - but that is just another opinion.

I do think those that do not rate him do not help their cause by trying to use this incident as an example of a bad play by him.

I am sure that there will be many good examples - IMO this is not one - this was all down to HART!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Agree with hazy - goal was down to hart - he fucked up big time and is acting the Charlie big bollocks - it's costing us
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:12 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I think Nastasic will be one of the best CBs around in the near future - not really his fault that after Vinnie gets injured he has to be the top CB - but it shows that he is better than the rest of the options - perhaps Demichelis will get ahead.

Agree 100 % about mistake, Hart fault and it s funny to blame Nastasic.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

It wasn't the best option to let it bounce as it brings into play all the other factors. What if he'd lost his footing for instance ?

As for the other stuff, correct; he did SEE Hart & he chose his course of action to deal with it, which was shit.

He failed badly to deal with the situation. He should be able to put that ball out away from goal but his body reacted as if Hart was still there; he froze. It's not even important what he thought Hart was doing, it's how he reacts to the problem. It's his job to deal with bad situations, not just cave in when something unexpected happens.

And If he can't head a ball better than that, he isn't good enough. I can & so can he.

Oh Ted what if this, what if that , The thing is u can be sure he see Hart going out of hes zone , maybe he see him going out on line to catch a ball and then Nastasic should like focus on action and make best choise .In moment when Nastasic conclude i have this ball Torres is to far away and Hart is going closer i can head it to hes arms like 95 % defenders will do in situation where striker is few meters of them , in that moment ,fuck knows why? Hart is going out to ball , why?!! Hes defender have the ball not Torres ? Hes not even close to make problems to Nastasic , why make that stupid choise ?!!!! To blame Nastasic is to say oh hes stupid because he did not look is Hart stupid enough to go out for no reason .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:29 pm

To summarise. Nasti is an ok cb but not great. He makes stupid mistakes and decisions every game, more evident when Kompany isn't there to baby sit. He's not good enough for city now and where we want to be, in 3 or 4 years maybe but not now and it's silly for a club of city's size now challenging for 4 trophies to play this kid on the premises he might get better. He came off the back of winning the pl with a great defensive record with vin and lescott.

No he wasn't at fault for the goal but he didn't even look at hart, hart was in the wrong but if had some sense and looked up he then could have reacted to another joe hart howler.

Nasti is average at best and only gets the wank fest because of his age and can apparently pass the ball better than lescott. I'd rather our cb be solid defending than passing simple balls to the midfield. He looks like a clown at times just ball watching or standing around, not very good at jumping at for a 20 year old is slow. He also gets stupid yellows and gives stupid free kicks for pointless fouls. He's been lucky for some of his fouls in the box to that he didn't give a pen.

He needs loaning out while we get a decent cb. Him, Garcia and hart are costing us silly points. It's funny that city worse performing players are getting starts without question. Even the old Argie cb looked miles better than nasti.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Great post,and in my opinion absolutely spot on.

I think the difference in opinion boils down to perception.I think those who have played a bit off football over the years see it differently to supporters who haven't played.Nasti was rightly anticipating a simple head back to the keeper,and why shouldn't he have been,the simple headed back pass was on there was not any real threat.How can he anticipate that the daft cunt that even we fans all think is super glued to his goal line is going to come rushing out like someone has just shoved a firework up his arse,
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Nasti is probably used to the fact that Hart doesn't command his area so thought as usual he's be stood within his 6 yard box. Nope....this time had a rush of blood to the head and decided to charge!
Its time for a rest and let Panti have a run in the side.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Hart fucked up for the goal and Nasty has been a bit below par this season. That said, I hope we persevere with the pair of them.

Some of the overanalysis of minor details on this site is becoming laughable. Next we'll be debating what we can extrapolate from the fact that the slow-motion HD replay revealed that Joe had one eyebrow slightly raised and something stuck in his teeth.

It was a gaffe. They happen. Let's move on.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Hart fucked up for the goal and Nasty has been a bit below par this season. That said, I hope we persevere with the pair of them.

Some of the overanalysis of minor details on this site is becoming laughable. Next we'll be debating what we can extrapolate from the fact that the slow-motion HD replay revealed that Joe had one eyebrow slightly raised and something stuck in his teeth.

It was a gaffe. They happen. Let's move on.

overanalysis of minor details? If what the two of them did yesterday to fuck that match up is a minor detail then I fear to imagine what a major item would be in your mind. A point we didn't earn. At the least. That isn't a minor fucking detail, is it?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:50 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Nasti is probably used to the fact that Hart doesn't command his area so thought as usual he's be stood within his 6 yard box. Nope....this time had a rush of blood to the head and decided to charge!

I dont know what you mean. Hart regularly runs out into no mans land. He's been doing that for a couple of years now.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum