nastasic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me.

I would say 100% Joe's fault and 100% Nasti's fault.

Douglas don't be silly, there is only 100 % of anything.
This was 100 % joes fault.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
blue wine wrote:It was harts fault!!!

One thing I think I can say with 100% certainty is that Joe Hart would have been screaming that it was his ball and if Nasti left it he would have cleared it easily.Having said that Joe shouldn't have been anywhere near it as it was such a simple ball for Nasti to head back to him. How Nasti can't be aware that Joe is coming is beyond me.

Did u see how much Hart scream to set up the wall ? U can't hear anything !!!

Sorry I don't buy that at all.

I don't know what was the case when we slipped for 2-1 but did you not see the situation when Hart was screaming from the top of his lungs and still couldn't be heard by the players forming his wall?

That was my point and that was a free kick a bit more silent from crowd .But even with all that i can see why Nasti play ball back i can justify that but why Hart go from zone i can't explain !
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Sister of fu wrote:It says it all when the Saints have a better defense than us. We need to get rectify this issue and fast. We just don't look like keeping clean sheets and that for the past few seasons has been out foundation. JL would be my first name on the team sheet Wednesday. Give him some game time for Saturday.

This.

He was clearly rusty as fuck v Everton early on & needs to be match sharp.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Joe hart can fuck off. Don't know how you can blame nasty for doing his job.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:27 pm

both was at fault for goal, but ffs nastastic is only 20, he will get better, but I do wish we had a doyle or booth or Watson for a couple of seasons to help him,
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:41 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:both was at fault for goal, but ffs nastastic is only 20, he will get better, but I do wish we had a doyle or booth or Watson for a couple of seasons to help him,

This is all good experience for him but imo there is no guarantee he will ever be as good as he needs to be in order to merit being City's No1 cb.

Imo as a defender, he is not so special compared to some other kids in the past.

His touch on the ball is better than most but not any aspect of defending or pace/strength aerial ability.

The way some talk about him as a prospect, I would expect a player of Paul Lake's quality. Nastasic is not even 50% of Paul Lake.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't blame him for today's addition to the growing collection of priceless costly cock ups. But many on here give him more credit than he deserves.
So far average. That's all average.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Meanwhile Lescott isnt even in the squad.

OUTRAGEOUS.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Breks » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Lescott has made his fair share of errors. Remember that terrible header against qpr in may last year?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Breks wrote:Lescott has made his fair share of errors. Remember that terrible header against qpr in may last year?

Yes i remember.

I guess it's better to make a huge fuck up on 35 minutes than 89.

Nasty is good and could be outstanding but he is under a lot of pressure,basically Kompany improves any partner a good 30% better.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Breks wrote:Lescott has made his fair share of errors. Remember that terrible header against qpr in may last year?

Never feel comfortable with Lescott to be honest. Always feel there is a costly error waiting to happen.

However. Lescott over Garcia every day of the week. Think Lescott plays better with leader around him. Him and Demichellis is a more experienced pairing than Nasty and Demichellis.

Nasty is young and will get stronger but it could damage his confidence and therefore progress if he isnt taken out of firing line for a spell
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby clawbaggio » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Our whole back 5 at present is a total bag o shit. Without Kompany we have no leadership.
As people have said, Nasti is still a kid, and that is what he has looked all season, a little boy lost
clawbaggio
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: aguerro

Postby clawbaggio » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 pm

No better than Savic
clawbaggio
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: aguerro

Postby shortagain » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:06 am

Yes you can see Hart screaming for the ball as he approached the edge of his area, by which time Nasti had committed to heading ball and as Hart was 3 yards out of his area when he got there with a high bouncing ball coming at him, what was he going to do, head it, catch it or just clean out Torres.

The other point is Hart rarely comes off his line (there was an incident early in the game when the ball was crossed into 6 yard box & Nasti & Demichelis waited for him to come out 4 yards & pick it up which he didn't so Demichelis had to kick it out of play) so would Nasti have expected him to be stood in front of him. Yes maybe he should have looked, but he had to focus on the ball & the replays show he was.

My vote is 90% Hart & 10% Nasti & Pants in on Wednesday + Saturday. I accept Hart has to get his game back, but surely not at the expense of our trophy hunt
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 am

clawbaggio wrote:No better than Savic

Ah now come on, savic?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 am

I wonder if we have the same 'problem' with Nastasic' that Chelsea seem to have with David Luiz

It's been suggested, in his case, that Luiz would make a better defensive midfielder than a centre-back and I wonder if this might also apply to Nastasic. As a midfield prospect, he might be a better option than Garcia although, to be fair, that's not really saying much.

At the moment, we could do worse than pairing Lescott and Demichelis together at the back and give them some game time to see how they get on, but in the January transfer window, we might need to go shopping for one, or maybe two new central defenders and, to part-fund such purchases, we might have to make some hard decisions as to who we are prepared to off-load.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 am

On second thoughts i'd have took the sending off and tried to save it.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 am

I can agree hes not playing on level we need but hes young maybe to young for CB in PL . Ican agree on many things about him but no hes not like Savic . In this amaunt of game and changing hes partner all the time Savic would be catastrophic but many forgat how bad he was i think . One thing i m sure us i watch goal few times just now , he reacted like all CB in that situation would ,Torres was far to just put ball in out . He calmly return the ball to Hart , in same time Hart was going on ball like Torres is alone on ball ,why ?!!!!Just stay on your place your defender has it , and that would be in hes hands.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 am

Nail on the head Doug. Hart has no business being anywhere near that ball so he's at fault; similarly how Nastasic has no awareness that Hart is coming, or cant hear him, means he too is a fookin clot. The pair of them need their heads banging together, but you can just add this incident to the trash pile that has been our defending away from home this season.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am

Goaters 103 wrote:

Nail on the head Doug. Hart has no business being anywhere near that ball so he's at fault; similarly how Nastasic has no awareness that Hart is coming, or cant hear him, means he too is a fookin clot. The pair of them need their heads banging together, but you can just add this incident to the trash pile that has been our defending away from home this season.

That was my immediate reaction after watching the nonsense kill of what would have been a great point at Chelsea.On further reflection there is no doubt Joe must take the lion's share of the blame.Just like he sprinted off his line against Villa to gift their winner he has done it again here.

Ther have been other times where he has stayed on his line when he should have come so clearly there is an issue there which isn't always that easy to replicate in training.They are just situations that happen in games and it seems that with his confidence being iffy at the moment he isn't getting it right consistently enough.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum