Navas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Navas

Postby Clowncrete » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:10 am

AntMcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I like him. Just because the rest of our players are still in their own half when he wants to cross the ball, you can't blame him for that.

Yes, you can. He shouldn't run into channels aimlessly. He should understand that his teammates don't want to sprint 50m to gamble on one of his crosses making it to them. We're a possession based side, and he's not a possession based player.

Teams easily nullified our possession based team in 2012-13. And that's why Navas was brought in.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 am

Getting worse, by the game almost.
No end product. His shooting is amongst the worst I've seen and his crossing hits the defender every fucking time. Even against the Rags, I can't remember him actually getting a cross away and he had so many chances. Very predictable and one dimensional, and we're not even seeing that one dimension.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Navas has been a good addition for City imo. He's not as good as Silva or Aguero etc but he's done a decent job on the whole over the last two seasons. Like Jovetic, he's not playing any worse than most of the other players & doesn't deserve special criticism imo.

The team is below par & he is just one of many players who is not at his best.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Navas has been a good addition for City imo. He's not as good as Silva or Aguero etc but he's done a decent job on the whole over the last two seasons. Like Jovetic, he's not playing any worse than most of the other players & doesn't deserve special criticism imo.

All true but he still needs to get whitewash on his boots and put the afterburners on
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 pm

I don't think he's our worst performer, by some distance
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Navas has been a good addition for City imo. He's not as good as Silva or Aguero etc but he's done a decent job on the whole over the last two seasons. Like Jovetic, he's not playing any worse than most of the other players & doesn't deserve special criticism imo.

His end product is and has been woefully poor for a long time now. When he came for the first few months his crosses were good but now he kicks it in to the defender 9/10 times. Don't get me started on his shooting.
But also for a player all about speed, how many times do we see him roast the full back? Not nearly as much as he should.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:50 pm

He is fucking woeful at the mo, but so are Dzeko, Jovetic, Fenandinho, Zab, Demi, and Cliché. Oh Yes, and Ya Ya.I can't remember that many being so far off the boil at once.I think the manager has to bite the bullet and that means banishing Ya Ya . I think you would see a different performance from everybody once he did that.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:02 pm

jesus!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:10 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:He is fucking woeful at the mo, but so are Dzeko, Jovetic, Fenandinho, Zab, Demi, and Cliché. Oh Yes, and Ya Ya.I can't remember that many being so far off the boil at once.I think the manager has to bite the bullet and that means banishing Ya Ya . I think you would see a different performance from everybody once he did that.

I think you are right about Yaya. He needs to be dropped for several reasons. He is disinterested. He is not putting the effort in and whilst not doing so, he is still getting the ball and build ups are being channeled through him.

I also believe the players are not enjoying his presence .

Pellegrini dropping Yaya will serve at least two things a) that he is in charge and not to be messed with and b) that Yaya is not indispensable.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nige » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:43 am

Navas should and could be a decent outlet. Instead when he gets th all he either stops or carries the ball diagonally to the centre half or deep lying midfielder. No link up play with zabba who must be fucked off trying to overlap just to see the back of Navas's shirt run back to where zabba has just come from.

The 442 stat app demonstrates the clearly with about 75/80% of his passing going backwards.

For this I blame the manager.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby ashton287 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:27 am

zuricity wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:He is fucking woeful at the mo, but so are Dzeko, Jovetic, Fenandinho, Zab, Demi, and Cliché. Oh Yes, and Ya Ya.I can't remember that many being so far off the boil at once.I think the manager has to bite the bullet and that means banishing Ya Ya . I think you would see a different performance from everybody once he did that.

I think you are right about Yaya. He needs to be dropped for several reasons. He is disinterested. He is not putting the effort in and whilst not doing so, he is still getting the ball and build ups are being channeled through him.

Pellegrini dropping Yaya will serve at least two things a) that he is in charge and not to be messed with and b) that Yaya is not indispensable.

I think it's too late for pellers. The team know he is a coward now. He will never get them back.

Navas is a good player. If his crosses hit the defenders 9/10 times it is because aguero and dzeko are not in the box 9/10 times. As for him cutting back after the run, same thing. He will get to the 18 yard box and dzeko will still be on the left wing with Aguero floating with silva.

Our best goal this season came from navas' pace and belief against arsenal.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 am

ashton287 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I think it's too late for pellers. The team know he is a coward now. He will never get them back.

Navas is a good player. If his crosses hit the defenders 9/10 times it is because aguero and dzeko are not in the box 9/10 times. As for him cutting back after the run, same thing. He will get to the 18 yard box and dzeko will still be on the left wing with Aguero floating with silva.

Our best goal this season came from navas' pace and belief against arsenal.

Don't agree at all about Pellegrini.He can retain the trust and strengthen it if he has the balls to drop Yaya.

Now then , re the subject of this topic.You say Edin and kun should be in the box.

Well what if the are not in the box ? Is Navas too thick to realise he shouldn't go walzing down the line and flank to an empty box ?

Surely he can see that before he sets off ?

He did this against the Rags , beat his man , had time to look up and still crossed ( a good one btw) to no mans land...
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 am

Mangala, Fernando, Sagna, Kolarov, all been no better, Vince marginally so, Silva great one week shit the next, Nasri...

Few players have been better than each other, they have all been average to poor. Sometimes for spells in games, Silva & VK have actually been amongst the worst rather than the best.

If we dropped Yaya, we would probably see a different kind of team, true, maybe better, maybe worse, that's fine if it works, but dropping him because he's worse than others is nonsense, same with Jovetic or Navas. No way are those 3 any worse than the rest.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Navas seems reluctant to use his pace as often as he could. Even one on one with lots of grass in front of him he cuts inside too much and doesn't try to skin the full back.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:06 pm

blues2win wrote:Navas seems reluctant to use his pace as often as he could. Even one on one with lots of grass in front of him he cuts inside too much and doesn't try to skin the full back.

If you are Navas & you go past the fullback, who are you aiming at next ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

A low ball to Aguero or a higher cross to Dzeko if he's playing. Agreed we could do with Yaya Nasri Silva getting into box more offering options.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Winds me up when Zaba goes for an overlap and every single fuckin time instead of playing him threw Navas will just come back or run instead where no one is. Pisses me off!!! He's fast, but he's not direct enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Mase wrote:Winds me up when Zaba goes for an overlap and every single fuckin time instead of playing him threw Navas will just come back or run instead where no one is. Pisses me off!!! He's fast, but he's not direct enough.

In fairness to Navas, he does track back and very well too.

Bayern got their goal after he went off and had done a great cleanup job all of the match helping Zaba.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:44 pm

blues2win wrote:A low ball to Aguero or a higher cross to Dzeko if he's playing. Agreed we could do with Yaya Nasri Silva getting into box more offering options.

If people such as Aguero, Dzeko go to Navas & say "I'm going to go near post, get past your man & smack it in there, or at least one of us will be there each time, one will hang back for a diagonal or go far post so you can stand it up " etc, etc.

They quite clearly don't & he is just guessing where they may be if he goes that route. When Negredo arrived, all this stuff improved 200%. Now it's slipping back to how it was under Mancini.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Winds me up when Zaba goes for an overlap and every single fuckin time instead of playing him threw Navas will just come back or run instead where no one is. Pisses me off!!! He's fast, but he's not direct enough.

In fairness to Navas, he does track back and very well too.

Bayern got their goal after he went off and had done a great cleanup job all of the match helping Zaba.

He has to track back because Zaba's gone for the overlap without getting the ball so it out of position. Because of Navas.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum