Navas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Navas

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Come on Doomy. Pellers has a history of doing it with Kompany, Silva, Yaya and Sergio.

i don't believe tho that he's believes that...i think that he's either easily fooled or players know the party line to say if they want to play. Plus, wouldn't he be watching them in training and determine on his own if they're fit or not?

We do seem to have a history of rushing players back from injury for the "fantastic four" you mentioned above tho. Kind of odd really when you think about it.

So, the feeling is that Sterling isn't fit and that's why he's been virtually shit all season at anything other than being a decoy and thereby initially stretching the field...until he stopped doing that as much for whatever reason?

i don't buy that tbh.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Luckily Navas vs a sterling is but a decision we have to make on a permanent basis, just game by game as we are lucky enough to have both and KDB as well. Based on the last months would start Navas and bring Sterling on after 30 mins in the next few games, but if Raheem starts ripping up trees in those games, or excels in training or Jesus goes off the boil then we swap.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Luckily Navas vs a sterling is but a decision we have to make on a permanent basis, just game by game as we are lucky enough to have both and KDB as well. Based on the last months would start Navas and bring Sterling on after 30 mins in the next few games, but if Raheem starts ripping up trees in those games, or excels in training or Jesus goes off the boil then we swap.

Precisely. Play the guy who is in form.
When all are fit again, it's a nice problem for Pellers.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Luckily Navas vs a sterling is but a decision we have to make on a permanent basis, just game by game as we are lucky enough to have both and KDB as well. Based on the last months would start Navas and bring Sterling on after 30 mins in the next few games, but if Raheem starts ripping up trees in those games, or excels in training or Jesus goes off the boil then we swap.

Plus Nasri will be back soon. I know most on here like to stuck the boot in on Nasri but I am a fan. I think he is a good option for us.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Plus Nasri will be back soon. I know most on here like to stuck the boot in on Nasri but I am a fan. I think he is a good option for us.

Not out wide, and not in the same midfield as silva.....having said that, have we ever played both centrally together? Course it couldn't work with two wingers as we'd get overrun away from home, but I think nasri is a better cm than we've ever seen him play at city because he's another square peg in a round hole.

I feel the same about a number of the players, including sterling now that we have reverted to the slow lumbering pass pass pass build up after a good start to the year. Sterling needs space to 'open his legs' but the way we press around the edge of the box, he's not technically good enough to do that passing game, neither is Navas in reality
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:28 pm

We have pace, and variety. That's the key. Sometimes Sterling will be right, sometimes Navas. We can rotate the positions of Silva, KDB and Sterling, less so Navas. But it's variety. We had a habit of being predictable, that's changed.
Maybe none of them are 'better' than the others in our system. And it's the whole that is important.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Nasri goal at Roma was for me another glimpse of his quality, his recent interview in France, is further evidence he has his mind half on the job, which is killing his career from being top draw.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Nasri goal at Roma was for me another glimpse of his quality, his recent interview in France, is further evidence he has his mind half on the job, which is killing his career from being top draw.

how so? i read it but didn't get the feeling his mind was only 'half on the job.'

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Nasri goal at Roma was for me another glimpse of his quality, his recent interview in France, is further evidence he has his mind half on the job, which is killing his career from being top draw.

how so? i read it but didn't get the feeling his mind was only 'half on the job.'

cheers

History can sometimes get rewritten. In Rome up until that point Nasri had put in a pretty ordinary performance and we didn't look especially threatening in a game we needed to win. A great goal no doubt, but it came out of the blue.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PeterParker » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We have pace, and variety. That's the key. Sometimes Sterling will be right, sometimes Navas. We can rotate the positions of Silva, KDB and Sterling, less so Navas. But it's variety. We had a habit of being predictable, that's changed.
Maybe none of them are 'better' than the others in our system. And it's the whole that is important.

This.

Spot on.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I spend a lot of time in France, his appearance on a chat show recently opens up the side of him for me that consumes him. He has been rejected by Dechamps and it will be an open wound until he parks it. I have neighbours in France who have rugby as there 1st love, I mention football and City they will always to a man say w nice things until Nasri the Algerian not even French fuck him, that is despite the fact he is Marseille not Parris and a local to boot. Well close enough he is Sud de France.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

History can sometimes get rewritten. In Rome up until that point Nasri had put in a pretty ordinary performance and we didn't look especially threatening in a game we needed to win. A great goal no doubt, but it came out of the blue.

He shows at times he has a gift, he lacks what Silva shows us every week, heart and bravery to take the ball when the tackles are a given, Samir finds space in areas the opos let him have. The goal at Roma pics was as you say out of the blue, top players sometimes only do one thing in a game. Sadly he is 1 in 4 on the who,e but has great runs of form to be fair.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I spend a lot of time in France, his appearance on a chat show recently opens up the side of him for me that consumes him. He has been rejected by Dechamps and it will be an open wound until he parks it. I have neighbours in France who have rugby as there 1st love, I mention football and City they will always to a man say w nice things until Nasri the Algerian not even French fuck him, that is despite the fact he is Marseille not Parris and a local to boot. Well close enough he is Sud de France.

so your racist neighbors hate him and he has a case of the redass about getting bounced from the national team for being a prickly pear?

I don't care about any of that. I care about the effort on the pitch and what he's done for us. He's a frustrating player, i'll grant you that, but i don't hink he's not focused on football. I think he's just a prancing little soft arsed luxury player who pisses me off most times, but then in a bolt of blue he does what he's capable of and we're all happy for a couple weeks with him.

Anyway, cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum