Navas

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Navas

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:I was at the game, I saw it with my own eyes. For the first goal we were doing nothing with the ball till Nasri came over and forced Navas to go wide then Yaya picked him out and he delivered a good ball in which found Jovetic. The only other time he looked threatening was when he had the shot in the second half but again his decision making was poor as he had two men square and in better goalscoring positions.

I don't care whether you were at the game or not. I can remember loads of instances where he could have done better, sometimes he was headless & shit. I saw loads of the same with Aguero & Nasri, the bit you are missing, is everything else, where he made a positive contribution & you don't see remotely interested in it. There is proof on the Os, which you can look at with your own eyes now, which shows anyone who cares to look at it without an agenda, why Navas is in the team, & how he contributed to both goals & could have been resposible for several others. It also shows Aguero being a right greedy cunt at times.

No less guilty than Navas for maing wrong decisions. Milner is often worse still & Zabba is even worse than that. It happens.

If Navas hadn't played, we probably wouldn't have won. He is a great asset to the squad.

I have watched the video and can see positives in some of his play. He is an impact player as someone has pointed out who is being used as a starter every game just now because of injuries. Maybe I am just frustrated because I can see how good he almost is and wish he could make that step up in his decision making. His play in the second half was definitely better than in the first half, which I probably didn't appreciate at the game due to being in 221. He is a good squad player but is nothing than that in my opinion yet at the moment he is being asked to be a match changer for us. Sometimes he manages this, most times he doesn't.
You're right about Aguero being a greedy cunt but he gets away with it because he sticks the ball in the net more than most. Zabba and Milner probably get away with it because of their work rate. Kompany, Hart, Yaya all make wrong decisions too.

I think Navas is what he is. I don't think we can change him that much, but we could tell him to be a bit more direct & fire more crosses in perhaps, if the strikers made the runs where it was likely to be worthwhile. Too often they don't imo & are looking for precision rather than just runing into danger areas & hoping the ball ends up there, which imo is the best way to work with a winger. Then the winger knows where to aim for & it takes out some of the indecision you are referring to.

In the end though, he's a squad player as you say. Imo, he's a bit of a gem in that respect.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm

My wife was an avid Sevilla-fan when Navas played there together with Alves. She's watched a couple of games with me this season and has said that Navas needs a full back that tears that right flank to pieces a la Alves if Navas is to come to his own right. Neither Zabaleta or Sagna have been up to that task so far this season. I'm not saying Navas is perfect at all but we know his strengths and just like Dzeko under Mancini, we rarely play in a way that benefits Navas or fits his strengths. A damn shame IMO.

I also think Fabianski's save for Navas's shot in the second half was perhaps not world class but pretty cool. It was not a poor shot, it was a good save.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Mase has it spot on, Navas stifles our attacking system every time he plays. This is exactly why I want Silva playing wide-right when he's available, he's the only man capable of bringing Zaba's crucial overlaps into play - the main reason we've had success over the years.

Exactly.

Edin gets those 'Tap in' goals not because he gambles and takes a risk. Rather because he goes in there with the confidence in his suppliers like Kolarov. There is very little risk involved. There is a lot of routine involved though and it is the routined movement that pays off, time and time again.Which is why those moves are practised so often.
Navas is unpredictable.
Saturday , second half he shot poorly twice , when clearly there were better passing options. I wonder what he was thinking.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm

He put in a pretty good cross for our first goal. Plenty of players have struggled early in their 2nd year in the prem, but he's still playing well and making goals, so don't see the big deal
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:20 pm

first time in a while nasri and navas both had great games in the same game IMO. Although to be fair they rarely start together when Silva's fit

looked more like the city of last year in periods on Saturday
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 pm

zuricity wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:Mase has it spot on, Navas stifles our attacking system every time he plays. This is exactly why I want Silva playing wide-right when he's available, he's the only man capable of bringing Zaba's crucial overlaps into play - the main reason we've had success over the years.

Exactly.

Edin gets those 'Tap in' goals not because he gambles and takes a risk. Rather because he goes in there with the confidence in his suppliers like Kolarov. There is very little risk involved. There is a lot of routine involved though and it is the routined movement that pays off, time and time again.Which is why those moves are practised so often.
Navas is unpredictable.
Saturday , second half he shot poorly twice , when clearly there were better passing options. I wonder what he was thinking.

And yet Navas is getting more assists than Kolarov every single year & so far this season more than Kolarov & Zabaleta put together .

Spooky.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Exactly.

Navas is unpredictable.

And yet Navas is getting more assists than Kolarov every single year & so far this season more than Kolarov & Zabaleta put together .

Spooky.

"Throw enough shit at a wall..." as they say. The guy attempts 20 crosses per game ffs.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:37 pm

One of the stupidest comments I've ever read in the history of stupid fucking comments.

A player tries to do something, & succeeds, & his team often wins because of it, so it's wrong to try & do it.

Absolutley fucking pathetic attempt at an argument. Grow up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Talking about great wing play I saw Brandon Barker's goal against Benfica. He not only has pace but great strength; he bulldozed past the defender and smashed the ball across the defender into the net. You really could imagine him in the first team squad next season. We could do with someone on the left with that quality. Probably go on loan though!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm

blues2win wrote:Talking about great wing play I saw Brandon Barker's goal against Benfica. He not only has pace but great strength; he bulldozed past the defender and smashed the ball across the defender into the net. You really could imagine him in the first team squad next season. We could do with someone on the left with that quality. Probably go on loan though!

In the right game, I could see him, Fofana, & one or two others having a big impact now if they were given a chance. Not starting of course, but coming on later if we were playing well.

I wouldn't want to see him in an oppo shirt running at Clichy or Zabba for 20 mins. i think we'd shit ourselves.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 pm

I thought Navas okay against Swansea. He is still limited by not being able to beat a man except by running past him onto a through ball, but he put a lot of crosses in, some good, and covered a lot for Zabba and others defensively. I don't think he stifles Zabba's play anymore, second half of last season they worked well together, but Pablo has been below par since returning from the WC, which is not Navas' fault. For a scrawny guy he stands up quite well to the physical side too. Happy to see him start at home when needed, and make an impact from the bench when away,
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I thought Navas okay against Swansea. He is still limited by not being able to beat a man except by running past him onto a through ball, but he put a lot of crosses in, some good, and covered a lot for Zabba and others defensively. I don't think he stifles Zabba's play anymore, second half of last season they worked well together, but Pablo has been below par since returning from the WC, which is not Navas' fault. For a scrawny guy he stands up quite well to the physical side too. Happy to see him start at home when needed, and make an impact from the bench when away,

The whole thing about Zabba being impeded by Navas, is something someone has made up. There is no truth in it whatsoever. Someone just fancied saying it one day, & a bunch of people jumped on it as if it's gospel. It's complete bollocks.

Bout time we put it to bed once and for all. Zabba has never been great at crossing or assisting. He has got better & became quite good at it last season, WITH Navas at the club. The rest is just people's selective memory.

Here's his record for assists in all competitions:
LA Liga etc:
05/06: 0 (in 35 games)
06/07: 0 (31 games)
07/08: 1 (36 games)
City:
08/09: 4 (42 games)
09/10: 1 (35 games)
10/11: 5 (45 games)
11/12: 1 (31 games)
12/13: 2 (42 games)
13/14 With Navas: 8 (48 games)
14/15: 2 (8 games).

Please can people just shut the fuck up about Navas impeding Zabba, you are talking through your fucking arseholes.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I thought Navas okay against Swansea. He is still limited by not being able to beat a man except by running past him onto a through ball, but he put a lot of crosses in, some good, and covered a lot for Zabba and others defensively. I don't think he stifles Zabba's play anymore, second half of last season they worked well together, but Pablo has been below par since returning from the WC, which is not Navas' fault. For a scrawny guy he stands up quite well to the physical side too. Happy to see him start at home when needed, and make an impact from the bench when away,

The whole thing about Zabba being impeded by Navas, is something someone has made up. There is no truth in it whatsoever. Someone just fancied saying it one day, & a bunch of people jumped on it as if it's gospel. It's complete bollocks.

Bout time we put it to bed once and for all. Zabba has never been great at crossing or assisting. He has got better & became quite good at it last season, WITH Navas at the club. The rest is just people's selective memory.

LA Liga etc:
City:

Please can people just shut the fuck up about Navas impeding Zabba, you are talking through your fucking arseholes.

Great stats. One thing that shouts out from that, is what a machine he is. Playing 30+ games in each of the last nine seasons. Rarely injured. No wonder he is off pace his season
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

LA Liga etc:
City:

Great stats. One thing that shouts out from that, is what a machine he is. Playing 30+ games in each of the last nine seasons. Rarely injured. No wonder he is off pace his season

Gary Neville was talking last night about being completely fucked in similar circumstances & needing to take 2 weeks off mid season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Played well Navas tonight. Give him his due.
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Outstanding at times tonight. Praise where it's due. Well done Jesus
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Duckman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Watch on youtube.com
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:Played well Navas tonight. Give him his due.

dont think the dues believe in jesus
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby kinkylola » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:35 pm

actually cut the ball back quite a bit today, it was a little bit wasted on sagna who got forward a couple of times but definitely not enough for being up a man.

Navas was a key performer today and I hope to see it continue.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am

I was quite amused by Tildesley's ridiculous attempts to pronounce 'Jesus' in a Spanish sort of way.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum