Hammer Time

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hammer Time

Postby CuteMancs » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 pm

The view from the [strike]Away[/strike] Home end

Thank god, normal service is resumed and we are back to a the joys of the English Premier League. I have to say that I am impressed by the level of interest from East London. There have been comments on their boards for the last two weeks. This could also be due to the fact that they are as bored as everyone else with the international break. Still its not a bad set of comments for the most part.

As always, enjoy...

Team Selection:

------------------Jussi------------
Demel---Reid---Tomkins---Rat
Jarvis---Noble---Diame---Downing
-----------------Ravel--------------
----------------C Cole-------------

My favourite this week:

I dont care if we lose this game 10-0. We beat the spuds 3-0 on their own patch!

We have to remember that we caught spurs on the hop as they had no idea how we were going to play, if we play the same side and tactics, Man City will know whats coming.

I'd expect us to have more of the ball at home, and as previously mentioned Man City have looked a bit dodgy away. Therefore Petric in for Vaz Te and play one up front

Defo don't give Toure a chance at a free kick, with our track record this season!

City fans must be a fickle lot, perhaps we can get him on a loan in January.

Believe it or not alot of Man City fans think Yaya is a lazy piece of shit and don't want him in the side

Since they bought all those Superstars we haven't done all that well against them , so it'll be very interesting to see what our Master Tactician conjures up .

I'd happily settle for a score draw , but obviously would prefer another 3-0 , or even a 1-0 .

Whats also a shame is most of our squad aren't on inetrnational duty over the extra long weekend ... means Allerderci has too much spare time to practice his masterplan whilst all thos Citeh supertars clock up air miles and injuries ..... real shame .....

They've been up and down so far this season. If Sam gets his game plan right, there is 3 points for us here. Be happy enough with a point though. Coyi

Far from unbeatable when they're away from home. Cardiff and Villa already shown this. I don't want to get carried away, but there's no reason we can't take something from this game. We took a point last year, and we had a perfect goal disallowed. No reason we can't get another point here.

Need to make sure we get at them. Downing and Morrison to start a must for me. Jarvis has something to prove at the moment. Especially with Joe Cole coming back as well.

I know everyone seems to be excited at the fact Kompany won't be playing, and of course that is always a boost, but firstly we haven't got a striker anyway that's gonna put fear into them, and secondly, they still have plenty of quality attacking wise: Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nasri etc. We mustn't underestimate them! These will be a lot harder to beat! If we even keep a clean sheet, then we should be proud of ourselves!

I might be wrong, but I thought that City play with Fernandinho as DM, with Yaya pushed further forward.

On the issue of tests, this is probably the biggest of the season for our defence. 4 clean sheets from 7 matches is an incredible stat for us. But perhaps Saturday represents the first game against a fully-stocked and firing forward line.

With Aguero, Dzeko and Negredo to choose from, and Yaya always a threat, we're going to have our work cut out.
Please will people not make reference to the fact that they have not, as yet, won away from home this season
I'd expect Sam to line up with his "tried and tested" - Noble, Diame, Nolan, in the middle, Downing and Jarvis out wide and possibly Petric getting the nod up front.

Bench could be interesting. Cole, Cole, Vaz, Ravel - all able to come on with half hour to go and freshen things up. Add JOB, Collins and Adrian and that's a strong bench.

Reckon we might nick this by the odd goal.

Got to say i never really see that Negredo before but he looks excellent. He has an absolute killer first touch...classy buy. But they have so many strikers, it will be bloody tough whoever they put up top

It has to be 4-6-0 again for this one, which I think City will find difficult to break down and get in behind. One break, or a set piece and I think we can nick it 1-0

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Hammer Time

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Great read. Cheers for that mate
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:40 pm

where's walmai???
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Please will people not make reference to the fact that they have not, as yet, won away from home this season

My favorite. Doh...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ashton287 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Obviously most of them are expecting home city to turn up and don't realise that with our away form and after an international break a draw will be a very good point for us.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm

How right they are about us and Yaya :)

I love him tho so hands off!
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Breks » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 am

By the law of averages were going to win away this season. I think it will be n savrday. 3-1 to us.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:00 pm

could be a tough one today
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus