Negredo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Negredo

Postby Jon London » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:01 pm

A Spanish Malcolm Macdonald
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:01 pm

He's a bit hit and miss, but he works his socks off for 90 minutes - and not only for himself, but for the team. He's very likeable. Like a forward version of Zabaleta.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 pm

the good thing is he has a meat head as well.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Reminds me of Uwe - not in style, but impact. No one expected much when he arrived or had even heard of him, but within a few games won us over with goals, work rate and general attitude.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm

PeterParker wrote:I was the first to say he will be shite, bad business from us.

I am the first to say i was wrong. What a fucking monster he is. Great great great piece of business from us.

Take a bow, son!

Why did you feel he was shite or why was it bad business? Did you feel this when we signed him or after seeing him in a couple of games, either way it seems strange.

Why are players not giving time to settle into the club anymore, why when players are underperforming, do we instantly blame the player and say they are shite and need to be dropped/sold.

Negredo is looking good and has played a few of decent games, nothing more nothing less, I think there is more to come from him. likewise, Fernandinho has shown glimpses of what he can do and if giving time to settle he will be quality
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:58 pm

i've enjoyed watching his first touch with those long probing balls, but what stands out to me is how with his size and strength he is more comfortable using it than dzeko, particularly in the air.

in the bayern match i kept thinking, if we only had negredo in, when we had a few corners before the game got out of hand. of course, he comes in scores a goal and makes a decent header on one corner in limited minutes.

if this keeps up i could very well see dzeko going to somewhere like dortmund after the season's over (given lewandowski being off next year), also to make room for jovetic.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby halnone » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:25 pm

he's fast becoming one of my favorite players at the club. Absolutely immense.

He NEEDS to be starting ahead of Dzeko for now on.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 pm

He's cool. My wife insisted that he was shit as Seville while I was always saying that he wasn't. I wish she cared about anything outside of Spanish football so I'd be able to tell her that he's doing very well at City as well.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:He's cool. My wife insisted that he was shit as Seville while I was always saying that he wasn't. I wish she cared about anything outside of Spanish football so I'd be able to tell her that he's doing very well at City as well.

She likes (and presumably watches) Spanish football but thought Negredo was shit at Sevilla?! That is absolutely bizarre. He was consistently excellent at Sevilla and is highly regarded by all in Spain.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:He's cool. My wife insisted that he was shit as Seville while I was always saying that he wasn't. I wish she cared about anything outside of Spanish football so I'd be able to tell her that he's doing very well at City as well.

She likes (and presumably watches) Spanish football but thought Negredo was shit at Sevilla?! That is absolutely bizarre. He was consistently excellent at Sevilla and is highly regarded by all in Spain.

I think that's the thing. She will always feel that Seville peaked during Ramos's tenure and that noone will ever be as good as Kanoute. SHe doesn't watch football that much anymore either no.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Breks » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

All round better player than Dzeko. Great signing he is made to play in the Premier league. Has to start instead of Dzeko.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Spurge » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 pm

don't want to compare to Dzeko - but just want to comment on topic.

Negredo is having/will have an excellent season for us, he's an old fashioned no 9 type forward it's true to say, but his movement/anticipation is top notch and his touch his first class and his goals to games ratio aint bad either.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 pm

It was also important for him to score from a start, rather than as sub as it'll stop the 'super sub' tag being hung round his neck. Agree with much of what has gone before, he looks suited to the Premiership when most foreign forwards struggle with the physical nature, Negredo looks like his thrives & dishes it out as well - very promising start to his City career, long may it continue
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

I fucking love strikers who dish it out hard.

That's all really,continue Mr Negredo.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:04 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I was the first to say he will be shite, bad business from us.

I am the first to say i was wrong. What a fucking monster he is. Great great great piece of business from us.

Take a bow, son!

Why did you feel he was shite or why was it bad business? Did you feel this when we signed him or after seeing him in a couple of games, either way it seems strange.

Why are players not giving time to settle into the club anymore, why when players are underperforming, do we instantly blame the player and say they are shite and need to be dropped/sold.

Negredo is looking good and has played a few of decent games, nothing more nothing less, I think there is more to come from him. likewise, Fernandinho has shown glimpses of what he can do and if giving time to settle he will be quality

Well, because he never impressed me at Sevilla. Neither did Navas. I”ve watched him in many games and he failed to deliver, even though he looked ok. I was always in doubt why Madrid or Barcelona didn”t have a go with him.

I think he needed a change of scenario to become very good. I only hope he continues because he looks like our best transfer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:01 am

between the Premier League and La Liga Negredo is only behind Messi and Ronaldo in league goals scored in 2013.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:55 am

Tough hard case for sure and can play a bit.

But I'm interested to know why Peter said he would be shite before he'd even seen him - his record in Spain is excellent - typical City fan running down a signing before they've kicked a ball?

And why do people say he should start every match? That pre-historic principle comes from the 60s and 70s. If he started every match he's be knackered and wouldn't have the same effect every game.

Luckily Pellegrini seems to know how to rotate.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 am

He's my hero now (alongside Zabaletta). Does everything and even with only a minute to go yesterday he was still running into their box trying to get on the end of a cross/pass. Scores goals, roughs up defenders, holds up the ball, can head the ball, pass, is seriously smart, runs for the whole game and is constantly geeing-up his team mates. Love the guy! Must be a regular starter now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 am

Fuk all you Neggers lovers. You all suck his dick all months long
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Twobob » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 am

MilnersJaw wrote:Fuk all you Neggers lovers. You all suck his dick all months long

Gobble gobble gobble
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum