Negredo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Negredo

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:To get £25 million for a 28 year old injured, out of form striker who hasn't had a decent game since last January and clearly wanted to go liquor is phenomenal business.

Is it an option to buy at that price or have they agreed to pay that fee next summer ?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby steelsnail » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He was clearly very keen to go.

No point in keeping him if he's unhappy when it clearly fucks up his performance.

Good luck to him anyway. Champ..

His wife wanted back to Spain so back to Spain it is.
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:To get £25 million for a 28 year old injured, out of form striker who hasn't had a decent game since last January and clearly wanted to go liquor is phenomenal business.

I agree with most comments about this ...... BUT I just fucking liked the guy . top player, top bloke !
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Best of luck to the fella. Sorry to see him go but glad to have seen him play for us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:12 pm

really liked the guy but it's good money.

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

Is it an option to buy at that price or have they agreed to pay that fee next summer ?

Obligation to buy next summer.

Just thinking about this. UEFA said that the 50 mil transfer limit was for two seasons. Doing the deal as a loan, means we already have a transfer ceiling of 70 odd mil next summer before any other sales. Clever.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

Just thinking about this. UEFA said that the 50 mil transfer limit was for two seasons. Doing the deal as a loan, means we already have a transfer ceiling of 70 odd mil next summer before any other sales. Clever.

Good stuff thanks for clarifying that Ted.No complaints about that price, it's more than I would have expected.My major concern now is how we cope without four recognised forwards when the games are coming thick and fast.That might not be so clever.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

The club reckon it's for one season, Ted. Be interesting to see how this plays out. If the club are right we'll have enough money put aside for a Messi bid ;-)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:03 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

The club reckon it's for one season, Ted. Be interesting to see how this plays out. If the club are right we'll have enough money put aside for a Messi bid ;-)

Just reread the clubs statement from May, it says we are limited to a net of €60M net spend in the upcoming summer transfer window. By my reckoning we are free to spend as we wish in January although there are still financial constraints on our overall wage bill.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote: If the club are right we'll have enough money put aside for a Messi bid ;-)

i hope not
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby xavi6 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 am

The club have done well here when you factor in everything from his family's homesickness to his current injury to his lack of form.

I loved the whole Beast thing but we haven't seen it for a good eight months. To make a significant profit on someone who is in his late 20s is excellent, and it'll give us some nice cash to spend next summer.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:28 am

Very impressed with our Spaniards this window.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Our forwards are all midgets bar Dzeko we needed Negredo for a different dimension to our attack we couldnt break those big bastards down on Saturday Negredo causing all sorts of problems would have been a god send.

Fuck im pissed off.

Think hes let go just because Yaya is lazy defender and we go a good price for 29 years old player who had dry spell and hes injured. i espect this season that Yaya play much more up front because he prove he can score, So cover up with Ferna and Dhino up front Yaya Silva Nasri and one of 3.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 am

Negredo's City career - awesome for 6 months, invisible for 5 months, injured for 2 months then gone. Farewell Alvaro, it was all really a bit baffling.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 am

ditto, plus he had left us long ago, towel and bucket thrown in after League Cup Semi. Great display in the Derby. half a season wonder if we are being honest.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:55 am

I still think he could have been useful to us but hey ho it's done now.

Those three fuckers better stay fit now.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I still think he could have been useful to us but hey ho it's done now.

Those three fuckers better stay fit now.

We need Kun to stay fit this season more , Jojo can't be worse then last season and Ed is rarely injured , Yaya can play up front, so could Nasri and Silva with one striker. I think Negredo could come back in ha form, but if he wanna go and we have this price and hes injured , best option is what they did.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 am

A bit risky to only have three fully recognised strikers as others have said but as others have said, we can push Yaya or nasri up more centrally and we still have guidetti for now (altho I guess he is eligible for loans to the championship still is he not?)

Plus we can hopefully now get chance to see how imanacho or cole or hiwula or pozo can fare in the odd game or cameo

Realistically with all four fit that was never properly going to happen
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 am

reason it is a loan with a buy clause for next summer is Valencia dont have the money now, but are being bought by Singapore businessman Pete Lim who has a net worth of 2.5billion. This is why he sanctioned the deal on the proviso that Valencia will not have cash flow problems in the next two windows
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am

Nice touch fromt Beast, gawdblessim.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-7706283

Striker Alvaro Negredo, who completed a deadline day move to Valencia, has penned an open letter to City fans.

Here it is in full:

Dear Manchester City fans,

Today I say goodbye to a magnificent club as it is Manchester City. I want to thank the club for helping me become a better footballer and for making me and my family feel at home during my time here.

About a year ago Manchester City, a club that will remain in my heart, gave me the amazing opportunity to play in England. And for me winning the Premier League, Capital One Cup and scoring 23 goals in a season is a dream come through.

After this year I can only say thank you to the club, to the fans that have supported me since the first day I wore this jersey and of course thank you and good luck to my team-mates, who helped me settle in since day one not only as a teammates but as friends.

Today I say goodbye to Manchester City but I take with me many memories, lessons and great moments that will live with me forever. It has been one of the best years of my football career.

At last I want to wish Manchester City many success for the future and thank the club for giving me the opportunity to sign for Valencia, a club to which I want to give back all the trust they ahve given me and start a new season with many success.

Thank you with all my heart.

Alvaro Negredo
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am

EDIT: I spent ages trying to get this image to upload and Ted makes me look like an idiot by posting the text. Life is hard, sorry!
Last edited by SomeMichaelGuy on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum