Negredo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Negredo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:24 pm

I don't think 3 strikers is enough, as Jovetic isn't realy a cf anyway. But I think if we promote Iheanacho then we have a nice balance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think 3 strikers is enough, as Jovetic isn't realy a cf anyway. But I think if we promote Iheanacho then we have a nice balance.

No matter how good he may already be, it might be a lot of pressure for a young man, especially if we have our usual injury problems and he has to lead the line on his own.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think 3 strikers is enough, as Jovetic isn't realy a cf anyway. But I think if we promote Iheanacho then we have a nice balance.

No matter how good he may already be, it might be a lot of pressure for a young man, especially if we have our usual injury problems and he has to lead the line on his own.

I think he likes pressure. Be pretty unlucky if all 3 are injured though. Can always stick Yaya up there if it's that desperate.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

To be fair.. he seems to have a certain belief and arrogance which could help him.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Spurge » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From what little I saw of him he looked like one of those players who plays with little in the way of fear and isn't lacking in confidence. If that's the case the club will certainly have formed an opinion on him that makes him a safer bet than we might think.

That said somethings telling me at the back of my mind that we will sign someone to replace neggers, though at this late stage it's more likely to be a loan I guess.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From what little I saw of him he looked like one of those players who plays with little in the way of fear and isn't lacking in confidence. If that's the case the club will certainly have formed an opinion on him that makes him a safer bet than we might think.

That said somethings telling me at the back of my mind that we will sign someone to replace neggers, though at this late stage it's more likely to be a loan I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone, but if we don't, I really hope it's because we are going to have a look at this lad.

I used to watch young SWP all the time & I was going spare about us not playing him in the first team. As soon as he got a few games he was undroppable. Some kids just look like they can do it & Iheanacho has that look about him to me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 pm

It would be a massive shock if we signed anyone of the calibre to replace negredo at this stage.
January maybe.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm

One injury to a striker and we go to one up front with either Yaya or Silva playing off him. Risky.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby lovecity8utd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:One injury to a striker and we go to one up front with either Yaya or Silva playing off him. Risky.

Very risky given aguero and jovetic injury records. Can't see that we will have been able to work under the radar to bring anyone else in so must be ineahacho.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm glad that we have possibly eft a space open in our squad for Nacho and possibly Cole as well.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:One injury to a striker and we go to one up front with either Yaya or Silva playing off him. Risky.

Not really being Negredo himself is currently injured. By the time he gets back to full fitness, Nacho will probably have signed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:

Very risky given aguero and jovetic injury records. Can't see that we will have been able to work under the radar to bring anyone else in so must be ineahacho.

As has already been mentioned, he's a confident player but that is asking a lot. Still, (if his pre-season displays mean anything) I'd back him to do a better job for us than Wellshit will do for Arsenil.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:

As has already been mentioned, he's a confident player but that is asking a lot. Still, (if his pre-season displays mean anything) I'd back him to do a better job for us than Wellshit will do for Arsenil.

Well as Piccs said and I mentioned in pre-season, we needed to open up avenues for these youngsters to get into the first team and with the depth we have, it was seeming impossible for a young player to step up, now not so much.

He gets the permit, he becomes our 4th striker, I'm sure Pellers will ease him in.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Slim wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:

Well as Piccs said and I mentioned in pre-season, we needed to open up avenues for these youngsters to get into the first team and with the depth we have, it was seeming impossible for a young player to step up, now not so much.

He gets the permit, he becomes our 4th striker, I'm sure Pellers will ease him in.

Fingers crossed.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Sorry I was right on this that's 20 goals gone
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 pm

BBC confirming the move now:

'Valencia have announced they have reached an agreement to sign striker Alvaro Negredo on loan from Manchester City with a clause making the deal permanent at the end of the season.'
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh well Ssn seem to believe he's gone.He played an absolute blinder first half of last season never thought he would suffer such a dip in form.Hard to believe he would be allowed leave without a suitable replacement coming in.When the games start to mount during the season I just hope dzeko, jovetic and most of all Aguero stay injury free or this could prove a big mistake by the club.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 pm

He was clearly very keen to go.

No point in keeping him if he's unhappy when it clearly fucks up his performance.

Good luck to him anyway. Champ..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He was clearly very keen to go.

No point in keeping him if he's unhappy when it clearly fucks up his performance.

Good luck to him anyway. Champ..

His wife wanted back to Spain so back to Spain it is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 pm

To get £25 million for a 28 year old injured, out of form striker who hasn't had a decent game since last January and clearly wanted to go is phenomenal business.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum