Negredo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Negredo

Postby littlebig » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:43 am

Adios Alvaro. Nice touch with the farewell message.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:57 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:im still baffled why he left, does anyone know, can't imagine it was home sickness.

mafia

I'm sure glad there ain't no mafia...wait... Hold on...

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Jay20 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Only my second post - I used to browse a lot more when I could access the App on my phone. I had a look at Álvaro's wife's Twitter account. In August she posted 2 pretty disrespectful pics of Manchester - basically making it out to be a cold and wet dump. For whatever reason she's became disenchanted last season and has spent a few months making them both miserable. I'm gutted he's gone and believe there lies the blame. Don't get the financial bit though.
Jay20
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Jay20 wrote:Only my second post - I used to browse a lot more when I could access the App on my phone. I had a look at Álvaro's wife's Twitter account. In August she posted 2 pretty disrespectful pics of Manchester - basically making it out to be a cold and wet dump. For whatever reason she's became disenchanted last season and has spent a few months making them both miserable. I'm gutted he's gone and believe there lies the blame. Don't get the financial bit though.

That's very unfair from her.

It was more of a lukewarm wet dump at the time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:25 am

Jay20 wrote:Only my second post - I used to browse a lot more when I could access the App on my phone. I had a look at Álvaro's wife's Twitter account. In August she posted 2 pretty disrespectful pics of Manchester - basically making it out to be a cold and wet dump. For whatever reason she's became disenchanted last season and has spent a few months making them both miserable. I'm gutted he's gone and believe there lies the blame. Don't get the financial bit though.

The going wrong bit just happened to coincide with the onset of winter and the financial bit could well be the divorce settlement if he didn't move back to Spain...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby PrezIke » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:im still baffled why he left, does anyone know, can't imagine it was home sickness.

were there not rumours that it was his family (wife and children) who wanted to go back to spain?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:33 pm

an unexpected visit from the Spanish taxman

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Negredo joined Valencia on transfer deadline day last week in a loan deal that will be made permanent next summer.

The transfer raised eyebrows as Negredo had impressed since his £20million signing from Sevilla last year and his exit leaves the champions with just three frontline forwards.

But City were under pressure to leave a senior player out of their Champions League squad having been limited to a reduced roster of just 21 by UEFA as punishment for breaching the European governing body's FFP regulations.

With Negredo sidelined until the end of October with a broken metatarsal he seemed an obvious candidate for omission for the first part of the season.

This, combined with a desire from the player to return to Spain, led to City accepting an approach from Valencia.

Pellegrini said: "The decision for Alvaro Negredo to go was for two very important reasons.

"The first was that we have the restriction for the number of the players we can use in the Champions League.

"We had one player more, (and) we could not use Alvaro, who was injured, so he was the player who was not going to be on the list.

"For him, it was very important because he wanted to go back to Spain, so I thought it was the best decision for the club.

"But it all starts from the restriction about the number of players. We have restrictions about the amount of players and the money we can spend."
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 am

So, the reality was that FFP had another negative effect on our club this season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum