Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 am

I felt that under Mancini, one of the ways he was causing unrest in the squad was by his treatment of Milner and Lescott. The Count has been equally or more prejudiced against them. Milner was mad as fuck when he came on yesterday. But these are two popular players with the squad so I suspect that has had a negative effect.But Ted's point remains a good one. The Count's strong point has been to trust the players rather than seeing them as chess pieces on a board but on Sunday they betrayed that trust in the first 60 minutes. After that it was more a matter of Wigan riding their luck.With those chances we would normally have won 4 or 5 -2.So my conclusion is that the Count's general approach is correct and has served us well though occasionally in football shit happens.However, I would much prefer Milner and Lescott to be treated more respectfully. Don't judge Lescott just on Weds game, however, as he may well get mullered. But he is certainly the man for Hull and if he plays well should be given the same chance as Demichellis to cement a place in the team.That's why he's leaving, because no matter how well he plays he thinks the Count will discard him in favour of Demichellis.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:I felt that under Mancini, one of the ways he was causing unrest in the squad was by his treatment of Milner and Lescott. The Count has been equally or more prejudiced against them. Milner was mad as fuck when he came on yesterday. But these are two popular players with the squad so I suspect that has had a negative effect.But Ted's point remains a good one. The Count's strong point has been to trust the players rather than seeing them as chess pieces on a board but on Sunday they betrayed that trust in the first 60 minutes. After that it was more a matter of Wigan riding their luck.With those chances we would normally have won 4 or 5 -2.So my conclusion is that the Count's general approach is correct and has served us well though occasionally in football shit happens.However, I would much prefer Milner and Lescott to be treated more respectfully. Don't judge Lescott just on Weds game, however, as he may well get mullered. But he is certainly the man for Hull and if he plays well should be given the same chance as Demichellis to cement a place in the team.That's why he's leaving, because no matter how well he plays he thinks the Count will discard him in favour of Demichellis.

Milner and Lescott are millionaire footballers. You shouldn't worry about their individual feelings as they don't give a shit about yours. I hope Pellers don't care much about their individual feelings either. If he did, he might all of the sudden start seeing Milner as something more than workhorse pawn which he is.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Milner and Lescott are millionaire footballers. You shouldn't worry about their individual feelings as they don't give a shit about yours. I hope Pellers don't care much about their individual feelings either. If he did, he might all of the sudden start seeing Milner as something more than workhorse pawn which he is.

No point in any form of token manners, polite gestures or being anything short of a self centered cunt then is what your saying?
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Milner and Lescott are millionaire footballers. You shouldn't worry about their individual feelings as they don't give a shit about yours. I hope Pellers don't care much about their individual feelings either. If he did, he might all of the sudden start seeing Milner as something more than workhorse pawn which he is.

No point in any form of token manners, polite gestures or being anything short of a self centered cunt then is what your saying?

Football team is not a democracy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:52 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Football team is not a democracy.

And management is a skill
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 am

Shouldn't really change as it was against Barca but does it add to the weight?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Shouldn't really change as it was against Barca but does it add to the weight?

Yesterday was fine. The approach was good and positive and Zaba and Nasri missed chances which they really had to take.
However we ultimately left ourselves too much to do. The damage was done in the first leg where we got our tactics all wrong.

No team has ever come back to win after losing the first leg at home by two goals. Such a shame we didn't start with the same positivity in the home leg.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Yesterday was fine. The approach was good and positive and Zaba and Nasri missed chances which they really had to take.
However we ultimately left ourselves too much to do. The damage was done in the first leg where we got our tactics all wrong.

No team has ever come back to win after losing the first leg at home by two goals. Such a shame we didn't start with the same positivity in the home leg.

Zabs and Samir missed chances.... so too the best chance of the match to Silva who wellied it over the Bar ....
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 pm

i was more pissed off at sundays result, 2-0 down to barca was always going to be a hard task, therefore he should have at least got to the semi final of the fa cup playing our strongest team and bringing 3 off if the tie was going our way.
Now were out of both and not playing well so a difficult run in is what were heading for!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 pm

The Guardian summarized it well. Against teams like Barca, you have to go for a more 'English approach'. They were comfortable defending against Aguero running in behind them but every time we put a ball in the box we looked dangerous, Milner should have done better with his chance, Dzeko caused them problems and nearly scored and Zaba's great chance came from a cross. We also scored from a corner.

Surely those lessons have to be learned for next time we face them or a similar side.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:55 pm

We finished second last season and won the league the season before. MP came in and:
1. Spent £100m
2. Lost 4 of the first 11 league games.
3. Used Garcia as a centre half.
4. Qualified through the Champs league - this was the weakest group by some distance compared with previous two years it should be noted.
5. He bought Demichelis.
6. He plays Demichelis
7. He showed live on tv that he cannot count beyond three. Embarrassing and took the shine of a win as many posters said.
8. Despite the draw with Blackburn and the close shave with Watford he did nt learn any lessons as seen by the line up against Wigan, the most expensive side in the Championship.
9. He thinks we are called Man United. Very embarrassing.
I'm not that satisfied.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:We finished second last season and won the league the season before. MP came in and:
1. Spent £100m
4. Qualified through the Champs league - this was the weakest group by some distance compared with previous two years it should be noted.
5. He bought Demichelis.
6. He plays Demichelis
7. He showed live on tv that he cannot count beyond three. Embarrassing and took the shine of a win as many posters said.
8. Despite the draw with Blackburn and the close shave with Watford he did nt learn any lessons as seen by the line up against Wigan, the most expensive side in the Championship.
I'm not that satisfied.

We had a side full of fucking internationals v Wigan. It was not a weak side. Anybody who says it was is a fucking knobhead.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:14 pm

The stuff about early defeats is very unfair; any manager needs a bit of time to bed in. How about all the goals we scored although admittedly they've dried up plus the Capital One Cup and we're still in with a decent chance of winning the league. In retrospect we'd have done better to get a top class centre back than Jovetic who's injured all the time. We must put that right in the close season and maybe Jovetic will finally come right. I'm still hoping!
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:17 pm

blues2win wrote:The stuff about early defeats is very unfair; any manager needs a bit of time to bed in. How about all the goals we scored although admittedly they've dried up plus the Capital One Cup and we're still in with a decent chance of winning the league. In retrospect we'd have done better to get a top class centre back than Jovetic who's injured all the time. We must put that right in the close season and maybe Jovetic will finally come right. I'm still hoping!

Ah! So he is getting sacked then.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:We finished second last season and won the league the season before. MP came in and:
1. Spent £100m
5. He bought Demichelis.
6. He plays Demichelis
I'm not that satisfied.

1: did the players he bought improve us?
2: Whilst to adopt to a new system. Lost 1 of the subsequent 15 games.
3: Garcia was a terrible centre half, in fact he was a terrible player. But was bought by Mancini. At the time, who else was available to play
4: Yes he qualified. Disgrace that he didn't pick us a harder group though.
5: Think it was a Hamann/Vieira type purchase, a player he trusted from two previous stints with him
6: Personally, I'll only be happy if he never wears the shirt again, so that has been a cock up
7: Then neither can Guardiola, as Bayern weren't aware how precarious their position was. Maybe we should swap him for Wenger who can count, but doesn't know who's eligible
8: The back 4 were the ones who hadn't been on international duty and had had chance to train together. Where would you have strengthened the rest of the team, following internationals and before a trip to Barca?
9: Do me a speech to camera in a foreign language without making a cock up and I'll agree he should be sacked for it.

Other than that, I agree with you.

Am I satisfied? No, but its his first season in England and he also tried to get Isco, Mangala and Fernando who may well have been what we were missing. With a fully fit side, we played the best football I've ever seen in the Premier League and I don't just mean from us.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Looks like he's lost a little of the gloss but at least he's got the rest of the season to get things back on track. I've never really been a big CL fan, it's there for the purpose of certain teams and we ain't one of them, yet.

My priority this season was the league then FA Cup. One down and the fight to come.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote: We had a side full of fucking internationals v Wigan. It was not a weak side. Anybody who says it was is a fucking knobhead.

It looked weak to me. The back four v Wigan are not all playing international football now or are not playing a high standard. Regardless of that they do not play regularly together. In other words the defence were not a team and it showed. It was awful and anybody could see that. It was not a one off (Blackburn, Watford). You can insult me all u want but I was there to see the performance I expected v Wigan once I saw the line up
South Stand Balti

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It looked weak to me. The back four v Wigan are not all playing international football now or are not playing a high standard. Regardless of that they do not play regularly together. In other words the defence were not a team and it showed. It was awful and anybody could see that. It was not a one off (Blackburn, Watford). You can insult me all u want but I was there to see the performance I expected v Wigan once I saw the line up

The back four possibly explains the goals conceded. The rest of the team still only managed one goal, at home, vs a championship side and didn't even manage a shot for about an hour. The only weakness in that was Silva and Fernandinho rested, both who'd played internationals in the week.

In retrospect, we can think of changes which may have helped, but there was no way that side wasn't good enough to win that game. However, it performed very badly and Wigan's tactics were spot on. We only really got into the game when they changed it and went to one up front. That we weren't able to counter a tactic used by numerous teams against us - effort and hit us on the break, is more of a concern going forwards than one bad performance. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hull do the same, so have we worked it out?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It looked weak to me. The back four v Wigan are not all playing international football now or are not playing a high standard. Regardless of that they do not play regularly together. In other words the defence were not a team and it showed. It was awful and anybody could see that. It was not a one off (Blackburn, Watford). You can insult me all u want but I was there to see the performance I expected v Wigan once I saw the line up

Stop please.Any City fan on seeing the team sheet would have fully expected to be well able for Wigan.I dont think anyone was whining about the team selection until afterwards.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote: 1: did the players he bought improve us? 2: Whilst to adopt to a new system. Lost 1 of the subsequent 15 games. 3: Garcia was a terrible centre half, in fact he was a terrible player. But was bought by Mancini. At the time, who else was available to play 4: Yes he qualified. Disgrace that he didn't pick us a harder group though. 5: Think it was a Hamann/Vieira type purchase, a player he trusted from two previous stints with him 6: Personally, I'll only be happy if he never wears the shirt again, so that has been a cock up 7: Then neither can Guardiola, as Bayern weren't aware how precarious their position was. Maybe we should swap him for Wenger who can count, but doesn't know who's eligible 8: The back 4 were the ones who hadn't been on international duty and had had chance to train together. Where would you have strengthened the rest of the team, following internationals and before a trip to Barca? 9: Do me a speech to camera in a foreign language without making a cock up and I'll agree he should be sacked for it. Other than that, I agree with you. Am I satisfied? No, but its his first season in England and he also tried to get Isco, Mangala and Fernando who may well have been what we were missing. With a fully fit side, we played the best football I've ever seen in the Premier League and I don't just mean from us.

When we won the league we beat Scum 6-1 away we bear Norwich 11-2 (ish) on aggregate we won 51 at Spurs. I'm not sure we will score more league goals this season than we did then. This new brand of football is a bit if a myth and I'm not sure the new players have improved us. We will know at the end of the season. Fern is a defo yes. Demi - No. Jovetic - not seen enough but that won't surprise anyone in Italy. Navas - yes and a different option. Negredo - is he better than Teves? Not IMO. I'm pissed off like everyone else and try to be positive but I can't take to MP. I know he tried to sign players but he has not got the best out of the group he has. No where near for me. I'm made up we won the league cup and had a brilliant day. We are very lucky to be on this ride but I'm worried we won't get top 3 under MP.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum