Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Blue2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Seems to be developing a nasty habit of getting team selection and tactics wrong.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Blue2 wrote:Seems to be developing a nasty habit of getting team selection and tactics wrong.

Nasty habit?

Mancini was Sid Vicious then by compare.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Blue2 wrote:Seems to be developing a nasty habit of getting team selection and tactics wrong.

I think our team has a nasty habit of playing at times without urgency (especially against smaller teams), almost as if we think goals will eventually come since we have such a good attack.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Today changed nothing for me.

The talk of a quadruple was always bullshit. It's his first season and expecting him to win immediately is absurd. Next season will be more telling.

Quadruple talk was absurd but when you face Wigan, a Championship side, at home, in the FA Cup QF... There is ZERO excuses why we don't have another date at Wembley.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bigblue » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:12 pm

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Did a horrible job today. Piss poor team selection led directly to the hole we dug for ourselves.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:05 am

We've been poor for a couple of months now, but even during our excellent run you could still see our defence was frail.

We have looked abysmal defensively since pre-season, but I thought Pellegrini would try and sort it out. He has made absolutely no attempt to do so. We have 1 strong pairing at centre back - Kompany and Lescott. That is it. Demichelis is useless, Nastasic even worse, and Garcia has proved he's hopeless there. I'd feel more confident with Boyata there.

This blind spot of Pellegrini's has cost us on many occasions this season. We seriously need to bounce back from this and go on a good run to give ourselves a shot in the league, but with such a tough run-in I can't say I'm too confident now. If he starts Demichelis or Nastasic one more time, it will prove he really can't see their faults, and that is hugely worrying.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 pm

aaron bond wrote:We've been poor for a couple of months now, but even during our excellent run you could still see our defence was frail. We have looked abysmal defensively since pre-season, but I thought Pellegrini would try and sort it out. He has made absolutely no attempt to do so. We have 1 strong pairing at centre back - Kompany and Lescott. That is it. Demichelis is useless, Nastasic even worse, and Garcia has proved he's hopeless there. I'd feel more confident with Boyata there. This blind spot of Pellegrini's has cost us on many occasions this season. We seriously need to bounce back from this and go on a good run to give ourselves a shot in the league, but with such a tough run-in I can't say I'm too confident now. If he starts Demichelis or Nastasic one more time, it will prove he really can't see their faults, and that is hugely worrying.

Demichelis will continue to play. There is no question in my mind he will be back in the team at Hull. I'm equally baffled by MP's team selection, his inability to count and him calling us Manchester United.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Those players should beat Wigan, end of. That was a better 11 in all areas than most teams in Europe can put out. It's ridiculous that the players trusted played so poorly first half & we had to rely on substitutes to get the team to play. It was a fair choice to rest certain players v Wigan. We had out a VERY strong side.

I blame them, not the Count. Demic fucked up, but that doesn't explain Clichy letting the other bloke score, or Negredo doing a passable impression of Bernardo Corradi.

My beef with the Count is his blind spot for Demichelis. We all know what the plan is, even Xavi explained it a few days ago, but he has been stubborn in not admitting that Demichelis hasn't delivered.

But as for picking him yesterday; perfectly correct imo. The bad selection was picking him for the Cup Final.

I expect to see the Count trying 100% to make sure we don't have to rely on Demichelis next season. If he does that & new players get injured, then fair enough. But if he only makes a token effort & we end up with Demic or Nastasic or Rekik fucking up another campaign, I will want him out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Those players should beat Wigan, end of. That was a better 11 in all areas than most teams in Europe can put out. It's ridiculous that the players trusted played so poorly first half & we had to rely on substitutes to get the team to play. It was a fair choice to rest certain players v Wigan. We had out a VERY strong side.

I blame them, not the Count. Demic fucked up, but that doesn't explain Clichy letting the other bloke score, or Negredo doing a passable impression of Bernardo Corradi.

My beef with the Count is his blind spot for Demichelis. We all know what the plan is, even Xavi explained it a few days ago, but he has been stubborn in not admitting that Demichelis hasn't delivered.

But as for picking him yesterday; perfectly correct imo. The bad selection was picking him for the Cup Final.

I expect to see the Count trying 100% to make sure we don't have to rely on Demichelis next season. If he does that & new players get injured, then fair enough. But if he only makes a token effort & we end up with Demic or Nastasic or Rekik fucking up another campaign, I will want him out.

Exactly.

These days football is a squad game and team rotation is now 'par for the course'. The team selected should have been more than sufficient to dispose of Wigan, with something to spare, but it would seem Pellgrini potentially could have a major task to get them all re-motivated and to start performing to standard again.

Even if he can achieve that for the remainder of this season, there will still be some hard and ruthless decisions to be made in the summer, with regard to players leaving and their possible replacements. The only trouble/danger with this, though, is that we might have to let a load of unwanted ones go for relatively small amounts overall and the better replacements needed could be inordinately expensive.

We might end up with a better quality squad but one that is far smaller than required for a full season and, on that basis, not fit for purpose, unless the numerical shortfall could be made up from any youth team players coming through - which might be good in one way, but too soon for some of these hopefuls.

All in all, irrespective of how the remainder of this season pans out, next season could still be problematic, unless we throw all FFP concerns to the wind and spend big in the summer; which is something our owners may be loathe to do.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 pm

It's OK to rotate but when you rotate the complete back 4 then you're asking for trouble. Also, it's not really rotation if you aren't playing regular, that's another factor having to be counted.

People will blame the players, people will blame the manager, I'm putting it d.own to a bad day all-round.

Well done Uwe, you played a blinder
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby tc6828 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
aristation wrote:Pelligrini's setting up of a team for the League Cup, Barcelona and FA Cup have just lost much of his credibility for me particularly the use of Garcia and Demichelis today (Garcia should have come off not Yaya)

I think he took Yaya off before the ref made the decision for him

Absolutely right. Yaha was giving it plenty and was a red card waiting to happen.
tc6828
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Alvaro Negredo

Postby tc6828 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Today changed nothing for me.

The talk of a quadruple was always bullshit. It's his first season and expecting him to win immediately is absurd. Next season will be more telling.

With you all the way with this one
tc6828

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Pellegrini knows we have a problem when we put out our second choices in certain positions, hence the move in January to strengthen at the back. But the team he put out yesterday had no reason not to win apart from the shit attitude some of the players showed. Personally I'd have gone full strength but then Pellegrini is probably a lot keener of rescuing our European season than I am. I still think we can (and will) win the league if we go out on Wednesday and keep our main players fit till the end of the season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby tc6828 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Was at the match and was as gobsmacked as everyone else that we didn't win. Work all day today and the emotion that was in me earlier has subsided, so hopefully, my post is not as knee jerk as it would have been

If we wound the clock back to August and said City will have won the League Cup, have a good run in the FA Cup, and a fighting chance to progress in the CL and win the League by 10th Mar, I suspect many would have been over joyous. Yes we have had a great start and seen some cracking football and even better goals (wembley), but we cannot realistically expect to win absolutely everything in his first year of tenure.

He fielded 11 players yesterday who, I think I am right in saying are all at international standard, against a lower division team and had every expectation that they should win.

My view as to why the match was lost is that individuals were not standing up and being counted and expecting somebody else to do the match winning for them. A long lookin the mirror is needed in the Home team dressing room.

There were exceptions and I would like to think they would be vocal when back behind closed dressing room doors.

It wasn't Pellers, it was typical city.
tc6828

Postby bayblue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 pm

tc6828 wrote:Was at the match and was as gobsmacked as everyone else that we didn't win. Work all day today and the emotion that was in me earlier has subsided, so hopefully, my post is not as knee jerk as it would have been If we wound the clock back to August and said City will have won the League Cup, have a good run in the FA Cup, and a fighting chance to progress in the CL and win the League by 10th Mar, I suspect many would have been over joyous. Yes we have had a great start and seen some cracking football and even better goals (wembley), but we cannot realistically expect to win absolutely everything in his first year of tenure. He fielded 11 players yesterday who, I think I am right in saying are all at international standard, against a lower division team and had every expectation that they should win. My view as to why the match was lost is that individuals were not standing up and being counted and expecting somebody else to do the match winning for them. A long lookin the mirror is needed in the Home team dressing room. There were exceptions and I would like to think they would be vocal when back behind closed dressing room doors. It wasn't Pellers, it was typical city.

Well said.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 pm

On the way to the game people were saying it was a good selection, strong enough but resting a few. On the way back people said it throwing the game away. That's the way it goes for managers.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Posters defending pellers need to answer one question. Why does he persist in playing the worst defender we have? Every game is the same. You know it's going to happen , you just don't know when. If we see him again this season the likelihood us he will cost us points especially away from home. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title with demechelis in the side. At this stage I think everyone except the manager knows that. Make no mistake pellegrinis love affair with him will probably end up costing him his job. The sad part is it needn't have been that way!
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby zuricity » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Pellegrini knows we have a problem when we put out our second choices in certain positions, hence the move in January to strengthen at the back. But the team he put out yesterday had no reason not to win apart from the shit attitude some of the players showed. Personally I'd have gone full strength but then Pellegrini is probably a lot keener of rescuing our European season than I am. I still think we can (and will) win the league if we go out on Wednesday and keep our main players fit till the end of the season.

Pellegrini apparently does not know we are Manchester City. Hoodies my Arse , the guy has blown it big time.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 am

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:Posters defending pellers need to answer one question. Why does he persist in playing the worst defender we have? Every game is the same. You know it's going to happen , you just don't know when. If we see him again this season the likelihood us he will cost us points especially away from home. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title with demechelis in the side. At this stage I think everyone except the manager knows that. Make no mistake pellegrinis love affair with him will probably end up costing him his job. The sad part is it needn't have been that way!

Barring a Mancini style bust up with the players, Pellegrini's job is already safe for next season, he has won a trophy & got through the first stage of the Champions League, as requested, he has already got the job imo. They will see this season as largely going to plan, as do I tbh.

As for not having a hope of winning the title, that depends on the attack. If we start scoring again, then we start winning again.

And as for the 'worst defender' I rate him as 2nd worst, Nastasic is currently a complete waste of a shirt imo, drops just as many bollocks as Demic, but doesn't make any contribution to the team, which Demic does. He is also looking like being made of glass. Nobody refers to the number of games he misses, because nobody misses him, but he seems to be injured by the slightest touch.

There is no doubt in my mind that the removal of Lescott is a joint effort fully endorsed by the Spaffia, so I'm pretty sure that won't be held against Pellegrini either. I doubt they will be impressed with his Crystal Palace tribute in the first leg v Barca, but it's not sackable.

Next season, when he has the chance to complete the squad to his liking , will be judgement time. He had better choose the right player to replace Lescott, when they show him the list of possibles.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum