Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
His buys this season have been utter fuckign shite.

I'm not sure we'll ever know, but are they his buys? More worrying is if they were down to El Chuckle Brothers, as that means regardless of the coach, we'll continue to buy mediocre shit.

But yes, they could sack him tonight for me. Although I'd then want Khaldoon to go in the dressing room and tell some of them cunts that they've got two managers the sack and it won't happen to a third, as many of them will be out the door come summer.

yeah i keep reading this and scratching my head.

the buys are on txiki. we rely on the director to buy and sell players, not the manager.

This keeps cropping up, & it did with Marwood getting the blame for Mancini's buys.

None of these players are forced on the managers. They will almost certainly be given suggestions & possible signings, maybe even preferences, by others at the club, but no way will the manager be given players he doesn't want. No way.

It's very likely that both Mancini & Pellegrini wanted players we were unable to buy, but that doesn't mean they are forced to sign the next one available. They can wait.

The managers themselves have clarified this time & again.

sure the manager has a say, but is pellegrini really spending his time scouting players like mangala and/or fernando or mostly working on managing the team?

sure, mdm was someone he wanted to bring in. and i of course he wanted/wants isco. they were his players, but not so sure about everyone else.

txiki, as director, likely negotiates the transfer fees, loan deals and contracts, but i am guessing he comes up with his own targets as well.

i am sure the count has had a say, as mancini did, but my guess is that scouting and recruiting is primarily txiki's job.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
His buys this season have been utter fuckign shite.

I'm not sure we'll ever know, but are they his buys? More worrying is if they were down to El Chuckle Brothers, as that means regardless of the coach, we'll continue to buy mediocre shit.

But yes, they could sack him tonight for me. Although I'd then want Khaldoon to go in the dressing room and tell some of them cunts that they've got two managers the sack and it won't happen to a third, as many of them will be out the door come summer.

yeah i keep reading this and scratching my head.

the buys are on txiki. we rely on the director to buy and sell players, not the manager.

This keeps cropping up, & it did with Marwood getting the blame for Mancini's buys.

None of these players are forced on the managers. They will almost certainly be given suggestions & possible signings, maybe even preferences, by others at the club, but no way will the manager be given players he doesn't want. No way.

It's very likely that both Mancini & Pellegrini wanted players we were unable to buy, but that doesn't mean they are forced to sign the next one available. They can wait.

The managers themselves have clarified this time & again.

sure the manager has a say, but is pellegrini really spending his time scouting players like mangala and/or fernando or mostly working on managing the team?

sure, mdm was someone he wanted to bring in. and i of course he wanted/wants isco. they were his players, but not so sure about everyone else.

txiki, as director, likely negotiates the transfer fees, loan deals and contracts, but i am guessing he comes up with his own targets as well.

i am sure the count has had a say, as mancini did, but my guess is that scouting and recruiting is primarily txiki's job.

No, the manager can't scout them very much, we have a huge team of people doing that with different departments in different countries.

They will present the details to Pellegrini, & then he will decide if he thinks we should proceed on some of them. Some, like Bony, he can see closeup himself.

Others, like Fernando & Mangala will be mainly on video.

Some of the players Mancini signed, will have been scouted when Hughes was manager. Some of the current lot, like Fernandinho & Jovetic, when Mancini was manager, or in Jovetic's case, maybe before even Hughes. Very likely Hughes would have signed Silva etc if he'd still been in charge & Mancini would quite possibly have signed Jovetic & Fernandinho.

Some are clearly manager signings. Unlikely Hughes would have signed Maicon or Kolarov, or Mancini signed Negredo or Demichelis.

If we don't have a scouting network finding players, we won't get any.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 pm

"PELLEGRINI: It's important to try to win tomorrow, to improve, to be consistent and not have bad moments in a game #MCFC"

Ha. Hats off to him for coming out with possibly the most beige comment humanely possible.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 pm

twosips wrote:"PELLEGRINI: It's important to try to win tomorrow, to improve, to be consistent and not have bad moments in a game #MCFC"

Ha. Hats off to him for coming out with possibly the most beige comment humanely possible.

At least "the old cunt" knows we have a match. At a certain age he won't even know I'm his son anymore.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Clouds, silver linings and all that
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bayblue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Just choked on my beans on toast when I've seen a couple of papers name Benitez as a possible candidate. I know he's Spanish and all that and won the Champions League but, seriously, anyone want us to play like his recent teams ???
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

bayblue wrote:Just choked on my beans on toast when I've seen a couple of papers name Benitez as a possible candidate. I know he's Spanish and all that and won the Champions League but, seriously, anyone want us to play like his recent teams ???

Considering it's been said the player accommodation at the new training ground is better than five star hotel standard, maybe they could do with a waiter. (I hope he never sets foot in Manchester with any intention of taking over though).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:12 pm

bayblue wrote:Just choked on my beans on toast when I've seen a couple of papers name Benitez as a possible candidate. I know he's Spanish and all that and won the Champions League but, seriously, anyone want us to play like his recent teams ???

he wouldn't be my first preference, but i bet we'd all be surprised at the job he could do here if he had a legit shot at the gig.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

he wouldn't be my first preference, but i bet we'd all be surprised at the job he could do here if he had a legit shot at the gig.

cheers

Benitez wasn't a bad manager. He was just too emotional.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm

But, if you want to talk bad transfer dealings I think Benitez is the fucking man. Part of the cred that Rodgers might actually deserve is having to deal with a lot of god awful purchases made by Benitez and the Dalgleish.

Pellegrini's great. I'm not satisfied now but that'll change. Only reason to fire him would be if he lost the confidence of the entire squad which he probably hasn't.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Mase wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

He pissed of the fergie fan club with the Facts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:00 pm

He pissed of the fergie fan club with the Facts.

THere was this one game where Liverpool bet the rags with 4-0, or something like that, and Benitez claimed that he had cracked the code of how to beat them. Then I saw an analysis of the game and alls they did was basically hoof the ball long and run after it. Brilliant tactic Mr Benitez.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 pm

13th on form table my lad has just told me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Dinnnngggggg....

Dinnnngggggg....

Dinnnngggggg......
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Who is it
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:59 am

Hazy2 wrote:Who is it

Ding Dong.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:17 am

He sounds Korean.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Who is it

Ding Dong.

Cheers

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, piss off!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 am

The Barcelona game is a make or break game for Pellegrini.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:07 am

The Barcelona game is a make or break game for Pellegrini.

If you are correct, I hope the owners see sense and get rid of his superiors instead for putting such ridiculous pressure on him.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum