Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 am

Pellers as either tied his hands together or he is scared.Nobody can be happy with this week, 2 teams with little respect if any for our best players, Sterling once again has caused us mayhem, Nothing done to stem the flow and why our levels dropped is a question I would love to ask him. Standing still is going backwards,we are at that point now. If that had been a home game we would have won, we have problems that maybe a charming man is not gonna solve with the same mistakes and the same sulky players, I cannot think of one player that had a good game , how can a game as big as that see so many players look so bad again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:32 am

Aggressive Walkling wrote:I'm in at the start at "neither." I don't think Pellers has much at all to do with us looking today very much as we did against Dortmund in the autumn of 2012 or So'ton in February 2013.

If we are subjected to aggressive pressing we go to pieces. Absent particularly clinical outings from Yaya, Nasri and Silva working it perfectly onto the strikers.

Interestingly, to my eyes Pellers seemed to be trying the Plan B that he tried last year at So'ton away. Much more longball play over top of the press. It's a low-percentage tactic, but with an Aguero up there it does have a chance. (Maureen worked this angle to perfection against So'ton about a week before we failed at it last year.)

I actually like this against Dipperpool better than the usual tactic - languidly pass it around and hope the last pass is into the net. Or, alternatively, cross fingers and hope Yaya/Silva/Aguero conjure something particularly magical.

Anyway, I think Pellers has brought the good - man management, not having our core guys wanting to be off to Barca or wherever, getting much more out of Nasri and Kolarov (last year) than anyone thought possible. But also the less good - failing to work out a way to deal with these energetic, pressing sides like Candlepool or L'Arse. Failing to deal with the wider variation of tactical challenges presented by continental sides.

It would seem foolish to bin him and then bring in Diego Simeone to try and get Yaya, Silva, and Nasri playing some sort of kamikaze "total football" that is utterly outside all their skill sets. And is a World XI type guy like Aguero really going to want to buy in on that? So then you're on to "sell half the team" versus bring Simeone in to probably reprise Mancini's failed efforts to get more out of these same guys. Doesn't seem to be an easy answer to that.

I'd go with keep Pellers to see out his contract and give him a nice new toy or three to work with. Then evaluate the results.

The thing about the aggressive pressing is, we knew it was going to happen, we should have been set up to counter it with an extra man in midfield. Aggressive pressing leaves lots of space behind them to work the ball into! We are probably (and Arsenal on their day) the best team who have the ability to make aggressive pressing teams look foolish with our quick passing and moving, but we seriously choke when we come under pressure.

Pellers sets his teams up wrong and he is stubborn about changing, so either he changes ASAP or goes IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 am

I'm a great believer in achieving high levels of fitness and energy to enhance our abilities and game plans. You would think we had the Thursday evening game away with extra time. I like and respect MP but currently he doesn't seem capable of getting the most out of our players. I'm not sure if this is more down to the player's or the management?

A team very often reflects the traits of the manager in charge, organised Pulis, aggressive Pardew, crafty and hard working Mourinho? With MP we can be clever but have insufficient motivation.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Aggressive Walkling wrote:I'm in at the start at "neither." I don't think Pellers has much at all to do with us looking today very much as we did against Dortmund in the autumn of 2012 or So'ton in February 2013.

If we are subjected to aggressive pressing we go to pieces. Absent particularly clinical outings from Yaya, Nasri and Silva working it perfectly onto the strikers.

Interestingly, to my eyes Pellers seemed to be trying the Plan B that he tried last year at So'ton away. Much more longball play over top of the press. It's a low-percentage tactic, but with an Aguero up there it does have a chance. (Maureen worked this angle to perfection against So'ton about a week before we failed at it last year.)

I actually like this against Dipperpool better than the usual tactic - languidly pass it around and hope the last pass is into the net. Or, alternatively, cross fingers and hope Yaya/Silva/Aguero conjure something particularly magical.

Anyway, I think Pellers has brought the good - man management, not having our core guys wanting to be off to Barca or wherever, getting much more out of Nasri and Kolarov (last year) than anyone thought possible. But also the less good - failing to work out a way to deal with these energetic, pressing sides like Candlepool or L'Arse. Failing to deal with the wider variation of tactical challenges presented by continental sides.

It would seem foolish to bin him and then bring in Diego Simeone to try and get Yaya, Silva, and Nasri playing some sort of kamikaze "total football" that is utterly outside all their skill sets. And is a World XI type guy like Aguero really going to want to buy in on that? So then you're on to "sell half the team" versus bring Simeone in to probably reprise Mancini's failed efforts to get more out of these same guys. Doesn't seem to be an easy answer to that.

I'd go with keep Pellers to see out his contract and give him a nice new toy or three to work with. Then evaluate the results.

The thing about the aggressive pressing is, we knew it was going to happen, we should have been set up to counter it with an extra man in midfield. Aggressive pressing leaves lots of space behind them to work the ball into! We are probably (and Arsenal on their day) the best team who have the ability to make aggressive pressing teams look foolish with our quick passing and moving, but we seriously choke when we come under pressure.

Pellers sets his teams up wrong and he is stubborn about changing, so either he changes ASAP or goes IMO.

Fernando was stripped and ready no blame on him btw but is the manager so blind to the failings of the players who en masse have had a mare is he so passive he allows senior players to take the piss. Fucking scared !! The free kick from Silva on the edge of the box, for me sums us up. A disrespect in the basics of maxing a crossing opportunity, we looked clueless. leaderless and in the end like we did not give a toss, as a mate has just said, was there one tackle in the game, was there any sign this is a team of Champions, answer No, the 5 mill a year club spunked it again and none of us are that surprised if we are honest, Cowards, and don't tell me turning up and pasting them on Wed is all fine and dandy, that is confirmation they are flat track bullies. wankers the lot of them who could not even beat a team who got out of bed and worked harder in a week we have been found out big time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:16 am

I somewhat more blame the players more than the manager right now but pellers doesn't play the kids (we've played a couple, they seem to do well then disappear) - he hasn't done very well with the English demographic in the team and he only seems to have one plan against team which gives us some very mixed results as seen lately - so overall I find him a bit frustrating and wouldn't be devastated if he was to, he does however also possess some very fine managerial qualities
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:35 am

Wooders wrote:I somewhat more blame the players more than the manager right now but pellers doesn't play the kids (we've played a couple, they seem to do well then disappear) - he hasn't done very well with the English demographic in the team and he only seems to have one plan against team which gives us some very mixed results as seen lately - so overall I find him a bit frustrating and wouldn't be devastated if he was to, he does however also possess some very fine managerial qualities

we have a serious problem in the squad for English Talent, we all know Pellgrini's maths isn't great but this is getting a bit silly.

GK
Willy Caballero
Joe Hart - English and here next season
Richard Wright - English and here next season for the quota needed

Defenders
Aleksandar Kolarov
Bacary Sagna
Dedryck Boyata
Eliaquim Mangala
Gael Clichy
Karim Rekik
Martin Demichelis
Matija Nastasic
Micah Richards - English and will not be here next season
Pablo Zabaleta
Vincent Kompany

Midfielders
Fernando
Frank Lampard - English and will not be here next season
Bruno Zuculini
Fernandinho
Jesus Navas
Marcos Lopes
Samir Nasri
Scott Sinclair - English and will not be here next season
David Silva
James Milner - English and will not be here next season
Yaya Toure

Attackers
Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Edin Dzeko
Alvaro Negredo
John Guidetti
Wilfried Bony
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Wooders wrote:I somewhat more blame the players more than the manager right now but pellers doesn't play the kids (we've played a couple, they seem to do well then disappear) - he hasn't done very well with the English demographic in the team and he only seems to have one plan against team which gives us some very mixed results as seen lately - so overall I find him a bit frustrating and wouldn't be devastated if he was to, he does however also possess some very fine managerial qualities

we have a serious problem in the squad for English Talent, we all know Pellgrini's maths isn't great but this is getting a bit silly.

GK
Willy Caballero

Defenders
Aleksandar Kolarov
Bacary Sagna
Dedryck Boyata
Eliaquim Mangala
Gael Clichy
Karim Rekik
Martin Demichelis
Matija Nastasic
Pablo Zabaleta
Vincent Kompany

Midfielders
Fernando
Bruno Zuculini
Fernandinho
Jesus Navas
Marcos Lopes
Samir Nasri
David Silva
Yaya Toure

Attackers
Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Edin Dzeko
Alvaro Negredo
John Guidetti
Wilfried Bony

I get your point, but it wouldn't be a very holistic approach to have Pellegrini decide the squad set-up for the coming seasons. Surely that is / must be Trixy's and Soriano's responsibility?
Last edited by mr_nool on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks for last season Pellers but you have been found out this season , it hasn't been good enough both tactically and the results and as for the transfer dealings lets not go there !Sadly we are going backwards under this manager , holistic has turned sour we need change to keep MCFC progressing and winning trophies .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:00 am

time for a change, his plan is not working and things are rapidly going downhill
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:10 am

I get your point, but it wouldn't be a very holistic approach to have Pellegrini decide the squad set-up for the coming seasons. Surely that is / must be Trixy's and Soriano's responsibility?

It is, but if there are holy cows they are the top of the holy hierarchy.

And honestly, their role in this is very hard to evaluate. But I guess, in the end all the transfers come up on tricky's tab and if we decide that the transfer policy under Pellegrini's two year period has been poor or lacked in smoe way, the responsibility falls on Tricky. He foots the bill. I guess he would say that Pellegrini has used the purchases all wrong and I wouldn't have the slightest.

Plus Tricky must get credit for the way our kids are playing. It may be all Vieiria's doing, but Tricky foots the bill and has final say.

If you ask me, Sporting director is a top notch job. If something goes bad, blame it on bad execution from the people you delegated to. If something goes right, you facilitated it. Win win.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 am

Which begs the question, why not hire Monchi from Sevilla or someone with a similar track record to handle transfers and let Tricky handle the youth set up and such?

Let me be the sporting sporting director. I can handle these tough delegations.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 am

johnny crossan wrote:time for a change, his plan is not working and things are rapidly going downhill

including the sporting director

tricky's transfer failings are a huge issue
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

GK
Willy Caballero

Defenders
Aleksandar Kolarov
Bacary Sagna
Dedryck Boyata
Eliaquim Mangala
Gael Clichy
Karim Rekik
Martin Demichelis
Matija Nastasic
Pablo Zabaleta
Vincent Kompany

Midfielders
Fernando
Bruno Zuculini
Fernandinho
Jesus Navas
Marcos Lopes
Samir Nasri
David Silva
Yaya Toure

Attackers
Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Edin Dzeko
Alvaro Negredo
John Guidetti
Wilfried Bony

Just a small point: we don't actually have to have any 'English talent' at all. It's 'homegrown' & 'club trained' players we will require to maximise squad places, of any nationality. And as Sinclair & Micah don't play anyway, it is not so many places to fill to maintain the current balance.

But the fact that is escaping most of the dullards on tv etc, I believe, is that City's squad is deliberately what it is, so that the academy players can potentially be promoted in years to come. If we sign two 23 year old left backs for 15 mil each & then find out we have a 20 year old one who is better than both, we are fucking stupid.

We don't yet know which kids will get through. But some of them will. Therefore it makes much more sense to gradually turn over the current squad, perhaps sign one or two older players, one or two younger ones, rather than doing what Utd are doing. In the next year or so it should become clearer which of the academy kids are likely to come through, as they start to physically become adults.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 am

Am I missing something here, I thought the rule was a minimum of 8 home grown players? I can only see 6?

1. Joe Hart HG
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Vincent Kompany
5. Pablo Zabaleta
6. Fernando
7. James Milner HG
8. Samir Nasri
10. Edin Dzeko
11. Aleksandar Kolarov
13. Willy Caballero
14. Wilfried Bony
15. Jesús Navas
16. Sergio Agüero
18. Frank Lampard HG
20. Eliaquim Mangala
21. David Silva
22. Gaël Clichy HG
25. Fernandinho
26. Martín Demichelis
29. Richard Wright HG
35. Stevan Jovetic
38. Dedryck Boyata HG
42. Yaya Touré
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:Am I missing something here, I thought the rule was a minimum of 8 home grown players? I can only see 6?

1. Joe Hart HG
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Vincent Kompany
5. Pablo Zabaleta
6. Fernando
7. James Milner HG
8. Samir Nasri
10. Edin Dzeko
11. Aleksandar Kolarov
13. Willy Caballero
14. Wilfried Bony
15. Jesús Navas
16. Sergio Agüero
18. Frank Lampard HG
20. Eliaquim Mangala
21. David Silva
22. Gaël Clichy HG
25. Fernandinho
26. Martín Demichelis
29. Richard Wright HG
35. Stevan Jovetic
38. Dedryck Boyata HG
42. Yaya Touré

We don't have to have any at all. But if we want a full squad, 8 places are reserved for home grown players. We can have eight empty places if we choose to.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Am I missing something here, I thought the rule was a minimum of 8 home grown players? I can only see 6?

1. Joe Hart HG
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Vincent Kompany
5. Pablo Zabaleta
6. Fernando
7. James Milner HG
8. Samir Nasri
10. Edin Dzeko
11. Aleksandar Kolarov
13. Willy Caballero
14. Wilfried Bony
15. Jesús Navas
16. Sergio Agüero
18. Frank Lampard HG
20. Eliaquim Mangala
21. David Silva
22. Gaël Clichy HG
25. Fernandinho
26. Martín Demichelis
29. Richard Wright HG
35. Stevan Jovetic
38. Dedryck Boyata HG
42. Yaya Touré

We don't have to have any at all. But if we want a full squad, 8 places are reserved for home grown players. We can have eight empty places if we choose to.

Gotcha, so we have 6 HG + 2 empty spaces as we have only named 23 players from a possible max 25.
Wonderwall

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
His buys this season have been utter fuckign shite.

I'm not sure we'll ever know, but are they his buys? More worrying is if they were down to El Chuckle Brothers, as that means regardless of the coach, we'll continue to buy mediocre shit.

But yes, they could sack him tonight for me. Although I'd then want Khaldoon to go in the dressing room and tell some of them cunts that they've got two managers the sack and it won't happen to a third, as many of them will be out the door come summer.

yeah i keep reading this and scratching my head.

the buys are on txiki. we rely on the director to buy and sell players, not the manager.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:36 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -guardiola

i know jamie jackson...the worst, but i believe he was the one to reveal that mancini would be sacked right before the fa cup final.

well here it is again:

Manuel Pellegrini has the final 12 matches of Manchester City’s season to save his job, with the manager needing to defend the Premier League title or win the Champions League, otherwise Pep Guardiola will be approached as his replacement.

Guardiola will also have a year remaining in the close season but the former Barcelona coach could well prefer to stay at Bayern Munich. But given his seemingly difficult relationship with some key people at the club – in January Bayern were forced to deny Guardiola and Matthias Sammer, the sporting director, had clashed – City would be keen to discuss any vacant position with him.

While Atlético Madrid’s Diego Simeone is not a candidate as the Argentinian is viewed as being too pragmatic in style, Rafael Benítez’s Champions League pedigree and Premier League experience means the Napoli coach is also on the radar.

Benítez could be available in the summer and though he is not known for producing the dazzling football Guardiola’s teams play – and which is City’s preference – he led Liverpool to the 2005 Champions League and another final two years later. Benítez said at the weekend: “Everyone knows that my contract expires in June, shortly we’ll talk.”

we shall see...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 am

PrezIke wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
His buys this season have been utter fuckign shite.

I'm not sure we'll ever know, but are they his buys? More worrying is if they were down to El Chuckle Brothers, as that means regardless of the coach, we'll continue to buy mediocre shit.

But yes, they could sack him tonight for me. Although I'd then want Khaldoon to go in the dressing room and tell some of them cunts that they've got two managers the sack and it won't happen to a third, as many of them will be out the door come summer.

yeah i keep reading this and scratching my head.

the buys are on txiki. we rely on the director to buy and sell players, not the manager.

This keeps cropping up, & it did with Marwood getting the blame for Mancini's buys.

None of these players are forced on the managers. They will almost certainly be given suggestions & possible signings, maybe even preferences, by others at the club, but no way will the manager be given players he doesn't want. No way.

It's very likely that both Mancini & Pellegrini wanted players we were unable to buy, but that doesn't mean they are forced to sign the next one available. They can wait.

The managers themselves have clarified this time & again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 am

PrezIke wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/02/manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city-pressure-pep-guardiola

i know jamie jackson...the worst, but i believe he was the one to reveal that mancini would be sacked right before the fa cup final.

well here it is again:

Manuel Pellegrini has the final 12 matches of Manchester City’s season to save his job, with the manager needing to defend the Premier League title or win the Champions League, otherwise Pep Guardiola will be approached as his replacement.

Guardiola will also have a year remaining in the close season but the former Barcelona coach could well prefer to stay at Bayern Munich. But given his seemingly difficult relationship with some key people at the club – in January Bayern were forced to deny Guardiola and Matthias Sammer, the sporting director, had clashed – City would be keen to discuss any vacant position with him.

While Atlético Madrid’s Diego Simeone is not a candidate as the Argentinian is viewed as being too pragmatic in style, Rafael Benítez’s Champions League pedigree and Premier League experience means the Napoli coach is also on the radar.

Benítez could be available in the summer and though he is not known for producing the dazzling football Guardiola’s teams play – and which is City’s preference – he led Liverpool to the 2005 Champions League and another final two years later. Benítez said at the weekend: “Everyone knows that my contract expires in June, shortly we’ll talk.”

we shall see...

He's shit-stirring, trying to undermine the club, along with a few other degenerates in the press (including Stuart Brennan, surprisingly). He knows fuck all and is a rag cunt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum