Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Whoever comes in as manager, what is happening now is going to happen again. It may happen less if refs start to favour us in the future, to the same degree as they have the rags over the years. But it will happen. Otherwise we will kill the Premier League by winning everything every year.

Has anyone actually thought through what would happen, if some fucker like Simeone came in, tore up the style of play & came 5th ? Where does the club go next ?

Since when has a load of fist pumping won the Premier League ? How many teams who play like Atletico win the Premier League ?

That kind of tootball is unusual in Spain. Here it is bread & butter.

And 15 years out of date.

I happen to agree and disagree Ted, the easy thing to miss is he has one trick. AM are playing into feet with Griezman. The likes of Koke Turan are linked to Barca. He has built and dismantled two teams he has seen the club through from bankrupt to selling the best players each season, plus the obvious 6 wins on the spin v Madrid, that said yes a massive swing to take him, but he is liked by the Spaniards, who might have get Pep or look for another job.

He has built a difficult to beat side, which has the game to cause problems v Spanish teams. I'm sure he could be competitive here, but if we went through all those years, to play like that, when we know for sure we can have mangers who try to play attacking open football & still challenge for titles, it has no interest for me personally & we will lose most of the new supporters we are aiming for.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm

twosips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Whoever comes in as manager, what is happening now is going to happen again. It may happen less if refs start to favour us in the future, to the same degree as they have the rags over the years. But it will happen. Otherwise we will kill the Premier League by winning everything every year.

Has anyone actually thought through what would happen, if some fucker like Simeone came in, tore up the style of play & came 5th ? Where does the club go next ?

Since when has a load of fist pumping won the Premier League ? How many teams who play like Atletico win the Premier League ?

But Ted, he has PASSION™ and HUNGER™ so its all alright.

Though not when Pearce does it....or Sherwood....or Pardew...etc etc

ps 'tootball' is a great word

What has Pearce won as a manager? What has Sherwood won as a manager? What has Pardew won as a manager?

The end.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I happen to agree and disagree Ted, the easy thing to miss is he has one trick. AM are playing into feet with Griezman. The likes of Koke Turan are linked to Barca. He has built and dismantled two teams he has seen the club through from bankrupt to selling the best players each season, plus the obvious 6 wins on the spin v Madrid, that said yes a massive swing to take him, but he is liked by the Spaniards, who might have get Pep or look for another job.

He has built a difficult to beat side, which has the game to cause problems v Spanish teams. I'm sure he could be competitive here, but if we went through all those years, to play like that, when we know for sure we can have mangers who try to play attacking open football & still challenge for titles, it has no interest for me personally & we will lose most of the new supporters we are aiming for.

His first season with Atletico ended with the team winning the UEFA Europa League by beating Athletic Bilbao 3–0 in the final in Bucharest.

On 31 August 2012 he won the UEFA Super Cup, beating Chelsea 4–1
On 17 May 2013, he won the Copa del Rey with Atlético beating rivals Real Madrid 2–1 at their Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

He won the league last year. Under Simeone, Atlético collected 90 points in La Liga, surpassing its 1996 record of 87, making the 2013-14 season the most successful in the club's history.

Let's not pretend it took him years and years to get it right. He came in from day one and they won things. It didn't take him years to build something. And this was after year on year of selling their best players ever season. You can't deny it. It's there for all to see.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Not denying it.

Don't want City to play like that & don't believe we would be any more successful in this country by doing so. I think the rags, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool would all be better football teams & we would be the team nobody wanted to play. Like Moyes Everton but possibly, not definitely, more successful. Most of the kids we have coming through would go elsewhere, along with Vieira & we would basically have nothing, apart from IF we won stuff.

If we didn't win stuff immediately, we would have destroyed everything we have built, for nothing, & sacking Mancini would have been a waste of time because none of the stuff we planned, would be any use.

Why the fuck we need Simeone, when we have already won two titles without him, I have no idea. He would win it every year ? No chance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Not denying it.

Don't want City to play like that & don't believe we would be any more successful in this country by doing so. I think the rags, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool would all be better football teams & we would be the team nobody wanted to play. Like Moyes Everton but possibly, not definitely, more successful. Most of the kids we have coming through would go elsewhere, along with Vieira & we would basically have nothing, apart from IF we won stuff.

If we didn't win stuff immediately, we would have destroyed everything we have built, for nothing, & sacking Mancini would have been a waste of time because none of the stuff we planned, would be any use.

Why the fuck we need Simeone, when we have already won two titles without him, I have no idea. He would win it every year ? No chance.

He would get the players to press better, that's for sure.

Think this week is the straw that broke the camel's back. Too inflexible and arrogant to think that you can simply attack everyone and win everytime.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

Think this week is the straw that broke the camel's back. Too inflexible and arrogant to think that you can simply attack everyone and win everytime.

I wouldn't mind (as much) if we were scoring 3 but letting in 4. We're not scoring many and are all over the place defensively. We also don't work hard and I don't think the players trust him anymore. Major overhaul needed in summer of players, managers and I'd be asking Trixie and Dixie what exactly they're bringing to the party if I was the one paying the bills.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

I wouldn't mind (as much) if we were scoring 3 but letting in 4. We're not scoring many and are all over the place defensively. We also don't work hard and I don't think the players trust him anymore. Major overhaul needed in summer of players, managers and I'd be asking Trixie and Dixie what exactly they're bringing to the party if I was the one paying the bills.

I think i'm pretty much where you are on this. I've gone to 'dissatisfied' as I'm struggling to believe he has it in him to change his approach or sort the defence out. You only need to look at some of the slaughterings Malaga got the season he left to see that defence is simply not his bag, and with him refusing to drop Kompany he makes it 10 times worse. When you combine that with a team deciding collectively either to down tools, to be too unfit to close down in key areas of the area, refuse to take a shot outside the area (dont even get me started on corners!), I think he's gonna struggle to pull this back from here, but if he does, and can show that he can sort this problem out, I'll move back up to 'satisfied'
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Pellers like Wenger top man, failing to spot the problems under his nose every time a team gets after his team with a mix of tactics, Monaco did it and we have two arse kickings with little if anything seen from the bench by way of a tactical tweak. Clueless harsh, it has been a shit week so fuck em they get well paid and have failed, pellergrini in troubled province me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Well I've marked him down to merely satisfied. I cant really go worse than that after last season, but once again we have wasted the year after winning the league. Even if we win it now I would be disappointed.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 pm

his stubbornness is costing us lots of matches.

his complacency with winning 4-3 rather than 1-0 isn't doing us any favors. you can't always outscore everyone.
that 5-0 only served to fool him for a while longer.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Pellers seems like a nice guy, and in an ideal world he probably should get another year. But his lack of plan B and the way teams cut us open so easily and it's obvious to everyone else watching what's coming but he does nothing. He isn't doing himself any favours.

I'm still for Simeone.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm in at the start at "neither." I don't think Pellers has much at all to do with us looking today very much as we did against Dortmund in the autumn of 2012 or So'ton in February 2013.

If we are subjected to aggressive pressing we go to pieces. Absent particularly clinical outings from Yaya, Nasri and Silva working it perfectly onto the strikers.

Interestingly, to my eyes Pellers seemed to be trying the Plan B that he tried last year at So'ton away. Much more longball play over top of the press. It's a low-percentage tactic, but with an Aguero up there it does have a chance. (Maureen worked this angle to perfection against So'ton about a week before we failed at it last year.)

I actually like this against Dipperpool better than the usual tactic - languidly pass it around and hope the last pass is into the net. Or, alternatively, cross fingers and hope Yaya/Silva/Aguero conjure something particularly magical.

Anyway, I think Pellers has brought the good - man management, not having our core guys wanting to be off to Barca or wherever, getting much more out of Nasri and Kolarov (last year) than anyone thought possible. But also the less good - failing to work out a way to deal with these energetic, pressing sides like Candlepool or L'Arse. Failing to deal with the wider variation of tactical challenges presented by continental sides.

It would seem foolish to bin him and then bring in Diego Simeone to try and get Yaya, Silva, and Nasri playing some sort of kamikaze "total football" that is utterly outside all their skill sets. And is a World XI type guy like Aguero really going to want to buy in on that? So then you're on to "sell half the team" versus bring Simeone in to probably reprise Mancini's failed efforts to get more out of these same guys. Doesn't seem to be an easy answer to that.

I'd go with keep Pellers to see out his contract and give him a nice new toy or three to work with. Then evaluate the results.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm

As of today , I hope we sack him.

His buys this season have been utter fuckign shite.
His tactics are shite.
In CL hes been shite and if it wasn't for JoJo, the cunt he dropped from a skyscraper, we would already be out of it.

He can go......

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 pm

Mase wrote:Pellers seems like a nice guy, and in an ideal world he probably should get another year. But his lack of plan B and the way teams cut us open so easily and it's obvious to everyone else watching what's coming but he does nothing. He isn't doing himself any favours.

I'm still for Simeone.

He is doing himself no favours, based on the attitude and approach of his players today the season will just fissle out. And he will be on very thin ice.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:As of today , I hope we sack him.

His tactics are shite.
In CL hes been shite and if it wasn't for JoJo, the cunt he dropped from a skyscraper, we would already be out of it.

He can go......

agreed. He's ballsed this up. And he and Big Rubes literally did look like a pair of old cunts sitting there, aging, as our title hopes vanished. Maybe Pardew was right.

Last time i was this depressed...we got....UH-GWERRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! in the 94th.

but i'm seriously doubting that Chelsea will fuck up that much, esp. as the Cuntish One has softened up the FA and the Refs just enough to guaranfuckingtee that shit breaks his way in case he needs a rub of the green.

Shitty fucking day for football all around for me. I hate it. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm with you on this Aggressive Walking, we need a transitional period now to become a much more energetic team and The Count gets another season to help oversea it from me. Getting rid of two or three big-name players AND the manager may very well mean that we'd have to write-off next season as the new manager as well as new players would have to bed in. I also think it's time the players were held to account; they've got it cushy and it shows.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:As of today , I hope we sack him.

His tactics are shite.

He can go......

agreed. He's ballsed this up. And he and Big Rubes literally did look like a pair of old cunts sitting there, aging, as our title hopes vanished. Maybe Pardew was right.

Last time i was this depressed...we got....UH-GWERRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! in the 94th.

but i'm seriously doubting that Chelsea will fuck up that much, esp. as the Cuntish One has softened up the FA and the Refs just enough to guaranfuckingtee that shit breaks his way in case he needs a rub of the green.

Shitty fucking day for football all around for me. I hate it. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

cheers

It doesn't matter how much Chelsea fuck up, mate, our lot are not capable of taking advantage of it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm not sure we'll ever know, but are they his buys? More worrying is if they were down to El Chuckle Brothers, as that means regardless of the coach, we'll continue to buy mediocre shit.

But yes, they could sack him tonight for me. Although I'd then want Khaldoon to go in the dressing room and tell some of them cunts that they've got two managers the sack and it won't happen to a third, as many of them will be out the door come summer.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:44 am

Every one is talking about his signings, and yes question marks about most of them. But surely its not all about signings, what about the highly rated young players, surely bringing the better of them in and giving them an opportunity at appropriate times would add some badly needed freshness and energy.
He doesn't seem to nurture youth, maybe he thinks none of them are good enough or more likely he knows he wont be around for a long time and he is just relying on the established players for his tenure, and he is letting someone else worry about the future.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 am

The lack of an obvious replacement is the only thing for me that makes me want him to stay. He's done a lot of good and I've in the main enjoyed his time at City.

However, he hasn't moved us on. We should be winning the league or being there or there abouts every season. A weak title defense and a poor show in Europe is no better than Bobby Manc. Worryingly, just like Mancini, the players have started playing like a team that know the manager won't be there next season.

If the board are planning to restructure the team and move on the likes of Nasri, Milner, Clichy and Dzeko then I think he should be moved on. I'm willing to take one step backwards to move forwards if that means injecting some youth into outside and giving a new manager time to settle in and integrate a host of new players.

If it's just a another summer like last I see no reason to change him. Despite some of most recent performances he has done well (up and till now) to manage a squad full of egotistical wanks. Replace him with a less 'holistic' manager and all hell could break loose again with this squad.
ross.mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum