Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby john68 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Agreed Eoin Mate....and glad to have you around here again, there are "what ifs, but cast your mind back the end of the 1st half and the amount of possession they got. As Yaya tired (as he had every right to do), they gained control of the arm wrestle, uncontested, for some time.

When the rags went 3 in midfield, we again lost that arm wrestle control, as we did towards the end. A lesser performance from Yaya covered by Vinnie would have given us problems.

A problem we need to solve.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm

No rvp and welbeck was as much use as fellaini's hair, it amazed me that gollum didnt try and change it up with pea head on the bench
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:No rvp and welbeck was as much use as fellaini's hair, it amazed me that gollum didnt try and change it up with pea head on the bench

I liked Henry Winter's comment on this this morning. Having said Gollum should have "hooked" Young at the break, he said that sending on Tom "resembled a young man being sent to tackle a large fire with a small bucket. No chance."
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Encouraged. Not convinced yet that the system will work so well against organised teams that are happy to sit back so back to my original position of sceptical but hopeful, voted middle option.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Lol
Original Dub

Postby Tim777 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Very²
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Still not changing my vote, it's 7 games into a 60 game season, on the fence until at least Christmas.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 pm

If we win away against Villa which will be tricky and take a point or more off Bayern then I fail to see how anyone could be anything other than satisfied.

Lose both and we are back in crisis.

Funny old game.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

That's it though, this week we've scored 12, conceded 1 and won 3 games.

If you wanted to vote on how satisfied you are this week, there should be nothing but "wankably satisfied" as votes(why has this category not been added yet?). But one week doesn't make a season.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Cup game wan it.. dunt count.

In reality the team looked better balanced than league games. Oh! hang on only one of Yaya and Ferdi per half.. magic init!

Not changing my vote till the fat lady sings that well known ditti " The midfield is sorted out ".
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Very :)
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Pellegrini is the best manager we've had in more than 40 years. As the forthcoming season will prove.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 am

I'd let him slip into my room after dark and use his fangs on me.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby aaron bond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:00 am

I've moved from unsatisfied to satisfied.

A good start in the Champions league, a great League Cup win and a thumping derby win are all things to be pleased about. Granted we haven't been severely tested, but we've not just scraped by in these recent games, we've been hammering teams and playing some attractive football.

As I've said in other threads, the centre midfield still needs to be tested but things seem to be going in the right direction. Our 2 next games will give us a good indication of where we're at though - Villa away is a must-win, especially with Benteke out. Anything less really isn't good enough. Looking forward to the Bayern match - should be a cracking game.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:30 am

ross.mcfc wrote:If we win away against Villa which will be tricky and take a point or more off Bayern then I fail to see how anyone could be anything other than satisfied.

Funny old game.

True dat.

This topic is funny by the way. I tried the EXACT same when Hughes was in charge only to be hammered by people who were in love with Hughes. And he was doing way WAY worse than Pellegrini. Clear indication that his rag background meant lot for some people. And certainly not in negative for many.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:42 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:If we win away against Villa which will be tricky and take a point or more off Bayern then I fail to see how anyone could be anything other than satisfied.

Funny old game.

True dat.

This topic is funny by the way. I tried the EXACT same when Hughes was in charge only to be hammered by people who were in love with Hughes. And he was doing way WAY worse than Pellegrini. Clear indication that his rag background meant lot for some people. And certainly not in negative for many.

look, we've beaten 3 poor teams this week - games we should be expected to win. lets see how we get on against 2 far more difficult teams next.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 am

True dat.

Are you seriously suggesting people wanted Hughes because of his United link?

4 years after we've all let it go?
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 am

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:

Funny old game.

True dat.

look, we've beaten 3 poor teams this week - games we should be expected to win. lets see how we get on against 2 far more difficult teams next.

That's what I meant with "True dat".

Rag win was god damn impressive but we had similar scores when we were fighting relegation against them. Wigan win was nothing less than I expected and I wouldn't count win against the part timers in CL at all. Next couple of games with similar improvement in playh and I will be very satisfied.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 am

Funny old game.

True dat.

no one gave a single fuck about Hughes "rag" background. He is NOT one of the red illuminati despite what you want to think. He's a guy who was out of his element at our club and despite some initial success he hit a wall..end of story. Happens to managers every season.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

True dat.

You think his rag background impressed people on this board???

Give names if you're gonna spout shit like that, otherwise leave it up to rag hater.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum