Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Pellers has said recently " we have nothing coming through"
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:49 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pellers has said recently " we have nothing coming through"

No he hasn't. At all
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just had a daft thought about how badly, in the following season after a title win, we defend (or fail to defend properly) our League trophy.

In 1936/37 we won the old First Division title and, in the following season, we 'defended' it somewhat indifferently by actually getting relegated for our pains.

In 1967/68 we won the title by playing some wonderful attacking football but, in the following season and in spite of winning the FA Cup, we only finished in the bottom half of the League table.

After Aguero's nail-biting winner, we disappointed ourselves by finishing in second place behind the Scum, but too many points adrift for it to be any real consolation for us.

This season, we seem to be falling apart to some extent and heaven knows now where we will finally finish (4th, 5th, 6th ??).

I just hope this sort of underwhelming 'second season syndrome' isn't becoming a 'typical City' feature and something that will start to haunt us in the future.

At least we went down in 37/38 by being top scorers in the league. Now that is 'typical City'
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:37 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just had a daft thought about how badly, in the following season after a title win, we defend (or fail to defend properly) our League trophy.

In 1936/37 we won the old First Division title and, in the following season, we 'defended' it somewhat indifferently by actually getting relegated for our pains.

In 1967/68 we won the title by playing some wonderful attacking football but, in the following season and in spite of winning the FA Cup, we only finished in the bottom half of the League table.

After Aguero's nail-biting winner, we disappointed ourselves by finishing in second place behind the Scum, but too many points adrift for it to be any real consolation for us.

This season, we seem to be falling apart to some extent and heaven knows now where we will finally finish (4th, 5th, 6th ??).

I just hope this sort of underwhelming 'second season syndrome' isn't becoming a 'typical City' feature and something that will start to haunt us in the future.

When you put it like that then you've got to be satisfied at where we are at, with a chance to challenge once again the following season.

Back to neither/or.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:58 am

I am scanning the papers from France, stupid little story of Nasri leaving a London restaurant after Palace, to me right or wrong as Tuesday is the day off suggests the players have to much of relaxed attitude, whenit hurts it matters and in Derby week it has to matter maybe our season just has no intensity, due to players like Nasri blowing hot or cold. Stupid thing I know, sums up my feelings all season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 am

can we add a 'he can fuck off now' option if he picks dzonkey in the starting xi tomorrow?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 pm

both managers like to play an attacking system so I hope for a good game for the fans, for whom you play, and after that I hope we can win.

im sorry but as a fan, we shouldn't be the priority. winning should be the priority. winning 1-0 is far better than trying to be attractive and losing a barn-burner 5-4
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:can we add a 'he can fuck off now' option if he picks dzonkey in the starting xi tomorrow?

That made me chuckle ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:39 pm

I hope they have already sacked you...you fuckign embarrassment.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

I was wrong. I thought the players would respond better to a manager who was nicer. But these cnuts deserve a nastier cnut like Benitez or Simeone.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope they have already sacked you...you fuckign embarrassment.

Today his fault is at a minimum, if you ask me, but he will get the sack.

With Yaya, Nasri and the other cunts playing like they did, it is really hard to do anything.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Clowncrete wrote:I was wrong. I thought the players would respond better to a manager who was nicer. But these cnuts deserve a nastier cnut like Benitez or Simeone.

They were wrong with sacking Mancini, it set a precedent.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:47 pm

100 goals, well done son.

Where's the passion gone. Too many babies in this squad.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope they have already sacked you...you fuckign embarrassment.

Today his fault is at a minimum, if you ask me, but he will get the sack.

With Yaya, Nasri and the other cunts playing like they did, it is really hard to do anything.

This is hardly the first time we have moaned about players not putting in a shift. He picks the team and the buck stops there. If you keep picking half hearted players you reap. What you sow
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:53 pm

This is hardly the first time we have moaned about players not putting in a shift. He picks the team and the buck stops there. If you keep picking half hearted players you reap. What you sow

But who's he's supposed to pick though? Milner, which he picked today. But otherwise? What options does he have?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:55 pm

I love the bloke for what he's done for us but the dressing room is lost.

Vieira in til the end of the season.

It will see us to the champs league and then either stick with him or go for ancelloti
Original Dub

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

But who's he's supposed to pick though? Milner, which he picked today. But otherwise? What options does he have?

Some youngsters? We don't even play them in cup games.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Humiliated in a derby by a lesser side. Unforgivable for me.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Some youngsters? We don't even play them in cup games.

Yeah perhaps should have tried more youngsters in cup games but they probably wouldn't have sufficed against an in form United at Old Trafford.

I guess my point is that all of our top players have let us down. All of them. Even Silva's been playing bad. Whatever caused the drop in form needs remedy and then the quality of our play will probably rise again. It's not one or two individual players who've gone downhill, it's the entire team. Fundamental issues to be looked at.

ALSO! Khaldoon used to fly in once every spring to get everyone to gear up. He did it when we made third and won the FA-cup and he did when we won the title in 2012. He hasn't been around this spring though has he? He's the one to blame.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:02 pm

I think we will be getting the mutual consent announcement tomorrow.

Everything today screamed of a team that have stopped playing for their manager. Rightly or wrongly, it is normally the manager that gets the sack when that happens.

He has been let down by our transfer dealings, of which he himself, plays a part. However, to move forward, we have have to sell a large chunk of our squad and buy a shed load of new players which is risky, and bed in some youth players, who take time to settle.

Or sack the manager. I think he will be gone by 5pm tomorrow.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum