Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:54 am

I said to my lad the other day that I wouldnt mind another season without a trophy if it meant cherry picking our very best EDS and loan talent and immersing them into the first team, not just the squad but regular playing time in the first 11. Imagine going to the Etihad every week to watch exciting young talent alongside top class players and being allowed to play, this on top of no expectation of having to win a pot, then the next season a couple of Class A players brought in and IMO we would be ready to go with a great mix of youth an world class talent.

Will never happen though, Pellers only has 3 more years for 3 more trophies and I would imagine the Champions League will be one of those on the list.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:I said to my lad the other day that I wouldnt mind another season without a trophy if it meant cherry picking our very best EDS and loan talent and immersing them into the first team, not just the squad but regular playing time in the first 11. Imagine going to the Etihad every week to watch exciting young talent alongside top class players and being allowed to play, this on top of no expectation of having to win a pot, then the next season a couple of Class A players brought in and IMO we would be ready to go with a great mix of youth an world class talent.

Will never happen though, Pellers only has 3 more years for 3 more trophies and I would imagine the Champions League will be one of those on the list.

His contract is up at the end of next season (if he's still here).

I'd actually like to have a young manager, under no pressure, build a new side from EDS/U18s plus top signings, for a few years. It would be intolerable misery to try & bring the kids all through that way though. Lots just won't accept it. I remember the whinging when Lake, Hinchcliffe etc were playing. It didn't make any difference we had a side full of kids, the atmosphere was horrible when we weren't winning. The 5-1 highlights are not a true reflection. The 0-6 at Derby County is more of the realIity, with desperate screaming thugs giving the players hell .We ended up getting rid of several & signing old farts from Everton etc to steady the ship. It would be the same now; endless whinging.

The best we can hope for, I think, is the Count giving them a few subs' appearences & cup games next season & that a few make an impression. A new manager won't want to use them & the Count will think he has a chance of renewing his contract if he is kept on, so will be solely focused on that, even if Txiki knew he'd had it anyway.

If we get a few to come from the subs' bench & make an impression, then the fans will get behind them, provided the team is doing ok. Then hopefully the season after they become more prominent. Denayer & Lopes may get full places if they do well pre season, but any manager's first interest is in protecting his own arse. A new one even moreso than the Count.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 am

No manager will come in without pressure as our business model is now we must have Champions League.
Which is a shame.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometerve

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:53 am

The pressure if he is under if any has come from the performances. This manager has said all the right things. The title was on until Jan. The rotation has failed, bringing players into this squad is for me anyway not as easy as it looks, that said do we not have two births free, happy to be corrected on that. If a loss is the outcome Pellers is done, pressure will be on to finish 4th can't expect the kids to have carried that burden, can we trust some of this squad. For me lose the Derby anything could happen, even 5th.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm

My only problem with the waiting for Guardiola thing is that it effectively makes Pellegrini a bit of a lame duck. The players will know it, the fans will, he will. How the fuck is that gonna be motivating? It will have an adverse effect at some point - i don't know what the solution (but i'm not paid to do that so ya know...not my problem) is but I can see how it could go pathetically wrong.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Soriano and co want Guardiola. His contract with Bayern ends in 2016 and he's pretty openly said he'd like to try the Premiership. If he sticks to that timetable I think the powers that be would likely keep Pellegrini for another year. However, if the end of our season implodes then Ancelotti is a real option if Real lose the title to Barca. I'd personally be very surprised if Pellegrini was offered a new contract. Talk of the fat Spanish waiter is just that, I think/hope.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 pm

My only problem with the waiting for Guardiola thing is that it effectively makes Pellegrini a bit of a lame duck. The players will know it, the fans will, he will. How the fuck is that gonna be motivating? It will have an adverse effect at some point - i don't know what the solution (but i'm not paid to do that so ya know...not my problem) is but I can see how it could go pathetically wrong.

Could indeed be a problem. Could also not be a problem as Jupp Heynckes won the league, the domestic cup and the CL in his last year. He had a better squad though and didn't need to reinforce in the same manner as Pellegrini probably will have to in order to keep the team fresh for next season.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wooders » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:29 pm

One positive that might come from this slump is it may encourage the fans to improve the atmosphere at the etihad and try to lift the team a bit, not saying it's the fans fault at all, but the place has been like a morgue recently, which cant help matters
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Wooders wrote:One positive that might come from this slump is it may encourage the fans to improve the atmosphere at the etihad and try to lift the team a bit, not saying it's the fans fault at all, but the place has been like a morgue recently, which cant help matters

I hear you wooders. The article Neville was quoted on about the players not having the mentality to deal with the success and being able to retain the title. I think something similar has happened to the fans, me included. Its a pretty weird feeling inside the stadium at the moment. It all started the season after we won the title with Mancini, that season we were right behind the team, lifting the roof off the etihad at times when the team needed us. However, the following season was one of "how do we top that" and we sat back and enjoyed being fans of the champions.

It certainly does give a different mindset as a fan, so I would imagine its something the club needs to look at for players too?
Wonderwall

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:51 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:Well according to The Sun (yes, I know........) he is on his way along with Soriano and Tricky Burger Stain. I wouldnt shed any tears over losing those 2 as they appear to have brought fuck all to the party

the definition of bollocks right there.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:Well according to The Sun (yes, I know........) he is on his way along with Soriano and Tricky Burger Stain. I wouldnt shed any tears over losing those 2 as they appear to have brought fuck all to the party

the definition of bollocks right there.

No chance all 3 will go together, that right there is madness.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

If you look at the story all it really said is that all three will have their performance reviewed by Khaldoun at the end of the season. That's normal and natural. It doesn't mean at all that they face the sack. However, the Chairman will rightly ask some hard questions about the team's performance this season. If anyone goes, though, I think it will be Pellegrini not Txiki or Soriano.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Popping up on Twitter that he's been sacked. It's Twitter though so probably bollocks.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Popping up on Twitter that he's been sacked. It's Twitter though so probably bollocks.

Nothing on any news as far as I can see. I hope not, I'd like him to at least see the season out with some dignity
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:21 pm

will be rags on the wind up before the derby. Sounds like a good Idea TBH, I must think of something viral and devious for the weekend twitter spam
Wonderwall

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Absolute bollocks. Nothing will happen till end of season. Maybe not then.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:00 pm

I think it was Mickey Francis who put it up first, it was on his timeline earlier. Maybe he was trying to goad the market and had a dabble on Pellers to stay.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Herb » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:33 pm

I have my hands over my ears (metaphorically) out of a loyalty that I hope isn't misplaced and I'm sticking with my 'highly satisfied' rating . . though if truth be told I'm really not . . I'll re-evaluate on Sunday afternoon and make a condign adjustment to my vote thereafter.
I hope it's no change!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 pm

We're never just going to throw loads of kids onto the premier league and it would be stupid to try it. When it happened previously, it was because it was all we had. The business model new requires CL football as a minimum, so we need players who can guarantee that as much as possible.

But there was nothing to stop a few of the kids making it into the team in the cups or being on the bench over the last two seasons - last season in particular there were plenty of times the game was well won after an hour which would have been a great time to introduce some youth.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Just had a daft thought about how badly, in the following season after a title win, we defend (or fail to defend properly) our League trophy.

In 1936/37 we won the old First Division title and, in the following season, we 'defended' it somewhat indifferently by actually getting relegated for our pains.

In 1967/68 we won the title by playing some wonderful attacking football but, in the following season and in spite of winning the FA Cup, we only finished in the bottom half of the League table.

After Aguero's nail-biting winner, we disappointed ourselves by finishing in second place behind the Scum, but too many points adrift for it to be any real consolation for us.

This season, we seem to be falling apart to some extent and heaven knows now where we will finally finish (4th, 5th, 6th ??).

I just hope this sort of underwhelming 'second season syndrome' isn't becoming a 'typical City' feature and something that will start to haunt us in the future.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum