Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm a part timer, as in didn't realise the votes have been reset. This poll is like a frikkin job.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:One fucking result & the dissastisfied crew only has 4 of us ?

I mean, I'm only short term dissatisfied anyway (hopefully) but one fucking result !? At least I'm going to give it a few weeks before any potential move up the ladder toward the satisfied club.

So if we lose on Sunday then every cunt is going to jump on the dissatisfied bandwagon again, but if we win there'll be more satisfaction than a one song Rolling Stones tribute band doing a 3 hour set ?

Part time dissatisfied fucks.

Spot on. Result in the big one and showing of improved overall play then on and you can put me on satisfied group. I don't think people quite realise just how bad that team was. Just because it says "Champion's League" it doesn't mean every team is actually good.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:19 am

Dazzler,
The poll was quite clearly set in the now and apart from our good showing against 2 very poor sides, we have been abysmal against sides who we should have taken apart.
How anyone could be satisfied up to know is beyond me.

What happens in the future has already been allowed for by the change your vote facility.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

john68 wrote:Dazzler,
The poll was quite clearly set in the now and apart from our good showing against 2 very poor sides, we have been abysmal against sides who we should have taken apart.
How anyone could be satisfied up to know is beyond me.

What happens in the future has already been allowed for by the change your vote facility.

For once I can't argue.

I feel I can't come down on one side or the other just yet, I really haven't seen enough to say he appears to be managing like a chump, but then again we have been dogshit for much of the season so far.

I think another 5 games or so and the die will be starting to be cast for many people - what I think will drag him out of the shit if he is a poor manager, is allowing the talent to do its thing - yaya for example is already causing one problem by doing fuck all in games then retrieving his performances by scoring. If he can solve the yaya problem he will be half way to winning the league imo.

Sergio and Nasri looked like world beaters for the first time in a very very long time, so perhaps it's coming

I hope so, as I can't say I'm particularly optimistic at the moment.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby AG7 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:54 am

A 4+ goals tonking of the scum on Sunday will see a huge bump in Highly Satisfied portion ... and even a narrow 1goal defeat swing it the other way ... while a draw will still keep people in Dissatisfied bit ...

The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 am

AG7 wrote:A 4+ goals tonking of the scum on Sunday will see a huge bump in Highly Satisfied portion ... and even a narrow 1goal defeat swing it the other way ... while a draw will still keep people in Dissatisfied bit ...

The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...

Yes, obviously, but the two things are inextricably linked.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 am

AG7 wrote:A 4+ goals tonking of the scum on Sunday will see a huge bump in Highly Satisfied portion ... and even a narrow 1goal defeat swing it the other way ... while a draw will still keep people in Dissatisfied bit ...

I really wouldn't assume we're all that flighty
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:57 am

AG7 wrote:The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...

While that may the case for some, there are plenty that have explained their dissatisfaction also stated it is short term.

Just to emphasise that a win for me, even v rags, wouldn't put this to bed. 'Normally' you would say that a manager has a honeymoon period, but in this case we have what was a title winning team that had just been underperforming... and not due to iether lack of ability, personnel or basic tactics. That isn't really a normal situation that new managers face that often.
So from my view it isn't that we need to give him time to build something, it is already there. The dissatisfaction I have is that for whatever reason he has allowed a glaringly obvious problem to arise.
They didn't need to loan Barry, they didn't need to throw Fernando into an almost impossible situation of covering for Yaya and on top of that probably didn't need to change from zonal while getting other stuff sorted.

Basically Pellegrini has presided over creating their own problems. It was just unnecessary and fixing it is going to take at least as much deflection of focus and energy as it would have to have had a progressive plan with GazBaz doing a job until he was redundant.

All that aside I'm confident that the end result that Pell is looking to create will be top notch and I believe he will get there. The buys have been good players and clearly already we can see his man management is on another planet to Bob, there is plenty of evidence for that.

( ok thinking of the excuse or reason to set up the way Pell has; could be this. For the system that he is looking to create, barca style pressing, it is vital that the front 6 plus the FBs operate as a unit in ball recovery, that has to happen like a trip switch as soon as we lose possession. Ball player closed down and chased and all passing options covered. So the excuse is that if you try to do that a man light, ie. someone just sat as DM, then you make the task 12.5% harder... while the team is learning it that will feel like a good 20% at least. That could be the sole reason they are not employing a DM. That could also be the reason they loaned Barry as the rest of the team have been given a statement of intent that they will not be given the luxury of a possible DM as a safety net. In other words it is do this or fail ).
This is what I believe is the situation, however I am troubled by it for a couple of reasons. I think it is too arrogant and bloody minded to some degree and I think it does not take the playing style of Yaya Toure into account. At City his role has developed, but his game hasn't changed much. At Barca he was the one player that wasn't employed in ball chasing; Why? Answer: he isn't very good at it. Quick changes of direction are not his thing. Why was such a good player superfluous to requirements at barca?

So you see from my perspective and understanding Pelligrini is going for the right thing but has not figured how to deal with Yaya's weakness. Barca used him intelligently sat a good 10 yds deeper than the play so he had time to run at any breaks and could read the game from there, in practice he ended up as the spare player that they passed to back out of the melee in order to feed it back in somewhere else. He hardly ever went into the pack in front of him. People referred to him as the DM, but that wasn't correct as it wasn't what he was doing in practice.

As we have seen there is a lot more to Yaya's game, but his weaknesses present a difficult problem if you are trying to implement a total football philosophy based on the barca style pressing game.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 am

AG7 wrote: The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...

If the poll is general fans mood and it changes with time which you already know, you should show by a line chart my friend not by a poll. You are using wrong tools to measure here.

Lol, cant help writing that
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:
AG7 wrote: The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...

If the poll is general fans mood and it changes with time which you already know, you should show by a line chart my friend not by a poll. You are using wrong tools to measure here.

Lol, cant help writing that

Was it "LOL" that you couldn't help writing or "that"....Have you thought of having the condition treated?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Socrates » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:16 am

brite blu sky wrote:
AG7 wrote:The poll is reflective more of the general fans mood rather than the manager's performance ...

While that may the case for some, there are plenty that have explained their dissatisfaction also stated it is short term.

Just to emphasise that a win for me, even v rags, wouldn't put this to bed. 'Normally' you would say that a manager has a honeymoon period, but in this case we have what was a title winning team that had just been underperforming... and not due to iether lack of ability, personnel or basic tactics. That isn't really a normal situation that new managers face that often.
So from my view it isn't that we need to give him time to build something, it is already there. The dissatisfaction I have is that for whatever reason he has allowed a glaringly obvious problem to arise.
They didn't need to loan Barry, they didn't need to throw Fernando into an almost impossible situation of covering for Yaya and on top of that probably didn't need to change from zonal while getting other stuff sorted.

Basically Pellegrini has presided over creating their own problems. It was just unnecessary and fixing it is going to take at least as much deflection of focus and energy as it would have to have had a progressive plan with GazBaz doing a job until he was redundant.

All that aside I'm confident that the end result that Pell is looking to create will be top notch and I believe he will get there. The buys have been good players and clearly already we can see his man management is on another planet to Bob, there is plenty of evidence for that.

( ok thinking of the excuse or reason to set up the way Pell has; could be this. For the system that he is looking to create, barca style pressing, it is vital that the front 6 plus the FBs operate as a unit in ball recovery, that has to happen like a trip switch as soon as we lose possession. Ball player closed down and chased and all passing options covered. So the excuse is that if you try to do that a man light, ie. someone just sat as DM, then you make the task 12.5% harder... while the team is learning it that will feel like a good 20% at least. That could be the sole reason they are not employing a DM. That could also be the reason they loaned Barry as the rest of the team have been given a statement of intent that they will not be given the luxury of a possible DM as a safety net. In other words it is do this or fail ).
This is what I believe is the situation, however I am troubled by it for a couple of reasons. I think it is too arrogant and bloody minded to some degree and I think it does not take the playing style of Yaya Toure into account. At City his role has developed, but his game hasn't changed much. At Barca he was the one player that wasn't employed in ball chasing; Why? Answer: he isn't very good at it. Quick changes of direction are not his thing. Why was such a good player superfluous to requirements at barca?

So you see from my perspective and understanding Pelligrini is going for the right thing but has not figured how to deal with Yaya's weakness. Barca used him intelligently sat a good 10 yds deeper than the play so he had time to run at any breaks and could read the game from there, in practice he ended up as the spare player that they passed to back out of the melee in order to feed it back in somewhere else. He hardly ever went into the pack in front of him. People referred to him as the DM, but that wasn't correct as it wasn't what he was doing in practice.

As we have seen there is a lot more to Yaya's game, but his weaknesses present a difficult problem if you are trying to implement a total football philosophy based on the barca style pressing game.

Very good post and amazed it has not sparked some serious discussion. I hadn't considered that Yaya isn't suited to a forward role if we are playing a pressing game but can see you are right and it makes sense more and more why he was deployed deeper at Barca and most of the time with Mancini, just released late on when needed and when defences were tired. Ball chasing was Joey Barton's specialty, maybe we should drop Yaya and get him back ;)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:44 am

Socrates wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Very good post and amazed it has not sparked some serious discussion. I hadn't considered that Yaya isn't suited to a forward role if we are playing a pressing game but can see you are right and it makes sense more and more why he was deployed deeper at Barca and most of the time with Mancini, just released late on when needed and when defences were tired. Ball chasing was Joey Barton's specialty, maybe we should drop Yaya and get him back ;)

I don't think Yaya is the best person you could ever have pressing the ball, but I'd put him ahead of Dzeko, Aguero & Silva any day of the week. If we get those 3 pressing the ball for 90 mins I don't think Yaya will be a problem amongst them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:08 am

Actually I think you're being a bit unfair to Aguero Ted. He's not bad at pressing the ball although probably not in the Tevez class.

I would far rather play three in central midfield with say Rodwell or Milner providing defensive cover. Today though my main concerns are cover for Kolarov ( Milner not Nasri) and Fellaini's heading ability at set pieces. We don't really have an aerially dominant CB so Yaya and Dzeko need to be fully involved in defending set pieces. United should fear Aguero vs Camel gob. If we can get him turned running at The scum defence there'll be only one winner.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think Yaya is the best person you could ever have pressing the ball, but I'd put him ahead of Dzeko, Aguero & Silva any day of the week. If we get those 3 pressing the ball for 90 mins I don't think Yaya will be a problem amongst them.

Yeah Aguero is not bad and Silva when fit is reasonable too.
But as Ted says if the front players pressed it would relieve the pressure on the Big Lad. In fact the only real way of using him is to allow a free role right in the middle of the fucking pitch without responsibility to commit defensively either fwd or back! At least that way the other players in the team would be fully savvy of what he WASN"T going to do and play to that. He could just have defensive responsibilty for the center circle and that alone.

In the short term Fernandinho has got to play behind him, not perfect but at least Ferdi will have a role and not just running around trying to stay out of others hair.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

blues2win wrote:Actually I think you're being a bit unfair to Aguero Ted. He's not bad at pressing the ball although probably not in the Tevez class.

I would far rather play three in central midfield with say Rodwell or Milner providing defensive cover. Today though my main concerns are cover for Kolarov ( Milner not Nasri) and Fellaini's heading ability at set pieces. We don't really have an aerially dominant CB so Yaya and Dzeko need to be fully involved in defending set pieces. United should fear Aguero vs Camel gob. If we can get him turned running at The scum defence there'll be only one winner.

Both him & Silva are great at pressing, in parts. Then they just stop. At that moment, the shit hits the fan & the oppo either scores, misses, falls over or a defender has to pull something out of the bag; basically we are short. The Cardiff goal was a example where we did actually have defenders back but still the Yaya/Aguero combination did nothing & the ball ended up in our net. There were other big mistakes in defence which overshadowed the fact that a half decent challenge from either would have forced Cardiff away & the situation would have been avoided. Yaya made a token effort but Aguero just watched.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Maybe they just run out of puff. It's a physically demanding form of play. I still prefer a central midfield three.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Win today and we'll have to reset the poll so everyone can go wankably satisfied.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 pm

wanking at the moment
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Already changed to satisfied. Fucking hell.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Some shallow fuckers on here - love it :)
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum