Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Dissatisfied just as most people seem to be.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I'm not satisfied with the way we've been playing apart from the first match where we looked world class and everybody sat up and paid attention. Why did all that change in the Cardiff match. That's a mystery to me.
As far as results go, the Cardiff one was surprising and disappointing but the Stoke one was par for the course especially playing with a much changed team with the Plezen match in mind!!
All in all, I would say its too early to judge Pellers as he is still settling in and getting the new players to blend in.

Newcastle were terrified, Cardiff were bold. The others took heart from what Cardiff did to us.

Plus we had Vinny for Newcastle.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Dissatisfied just as most people seem to be.

If we bum Plzen tomorrow I'm upgrading to 'very satisfied'. If we manage that AND win the derby I'll add another stratum; likewise if we lose both.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Perhaps the poll should have waited til after Sundays game. A win on tomorrow and Sunday makes Saturdays result obsolete not to mention the knee jerkers swining back into to love with him.

I will give him 5 out of 10 so far, Fortunetly United and Chelsea have also looked rather average so far so nothing has really been lost. Cardiff aside, struggling against the average to poor sides at the very start of the season may give Pellegrini the wake up call he needed about playing in this league.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm dissatisfied but not in a 'sack the fucker' kind of way.

More a 'I fully imagine he will sort it out but this is a pile of shit & should be better' kind of way, similar to my position on Mancini.

It will change to 'sack the fucker' if I don't see him get on top of it, but I fully expect to be in the 'satisfied' then 'very satisfied' column as time goes on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Perhaps the poll should have waited til after Sundays game. A win on tomorrow and Sunday makes Saturdays result obsolete not to mention the knee jerkers swining back into to love with him.

I will give him 5 out of 10 so far, Fortunetly United and Chelsea have also looked rather average so far so nothing has really been lost. Cardiff aside, struggling against the average to poor sides at the very start of the season may give Pellegrini the wake up call he needed about playing in this league.

Opening the poll after Sunday's game would've probably led to more kneejerk reactions, not fewer. Besides, you can change your opinion as often as you want as the season progresses.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Wheres the "not sure what the hell to make of him yet" option?

Ross has it right. A win tomorrow and on sunday and he will be flavour of the month. Lose both those games and "Crisis club Manchester City" will be back
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Dissatisfied. Newcastle were very poor but we still gave them some easy chances better sides would have taken, Cardiff well a defensive mess, hull lethargic performance if they had a striker? and stoke should have beaten us.
We have rode our luck a bit. If we don't get the act together were in trouble.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm not leaning either way. I haven't seen enough yet to feel unsatisfied nor satisfied. I think around Christmas I'll be able to confidently state how I feel about the manager
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Where's the 'Sat on the fence' option?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Dissatisfied but don't want him out.

If we continue to stumble through games as we have been we will be in big trouble by Christmas and could be way off the pace. Pelle needs to nip these problems in the bud now or we are in for a nail-biting season!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Dissatisfied.
I remember lots on here jumping for joy after seeing our start compared to the Rags, yet we're level on points.
We've been piss poor in the last 3 games. The results I could just about deal with if the performances were better but we've been dire and easily could have lost all 3 games.

Next two games are huge and suddenly Sunday has now become a must win.
I feel people will be a lot more polarized after the derby.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Why are 70% dissatisfied. We are in 4th, above Chelsea and the Rags with the best defensive record going(clean sheets of course)?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why are 70% dissatisfied. We are in 4th, above Chelsea and the Rags with the best defensive record going(clean sheets of course)?

Not sure if this is fishing or not.
But I made this point last year. The quality and style of our football is important to most fans. We've been shite last 3 games and there's been virtually no entertainment from our last two. If it was just a results business then why even bother watching the game? You may aswell just check the result on the BBC after.

Both Chelsea and Rags have played tougher games than us also.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 pm

I am very dissatisfied and that is probably putting it mildly. Not for the poor performances as such but more for the sense that Pelligrini said he knew the Prem during pre-season. I thought it was a really stupid thing to say then, now I think it shows both an arrogance and some severe underestimation.

My thoughts at the moment is that there is only Kidd that actually knows the Prem, the two ex-barca dweebs don't, Pelligrini doesn't and none of his staff do.
They need to wise up and show some humility and respect for other teams tenacity otherwise this is going to turn into a long and hard season very quickly.
We can all see what is wrong cos we know what to be expecting from other prem teams and we know who doesn't provide cover. If we know then so do other managers. City are sitting ducks until Pelligrini and the rest of them wise up.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby AG7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:40 pm

brite blu sky wrote:I am very dissatisfied and that is probably putting it mildly. Not for the poor performances as such but more for the sense that Pelligrini said he knew the Prem during pre-season. I thought it was a really stupid thing to say then, now I think it shows both an arrogance and some severe underestimation.

My thoughts at the moment is that there is only Kidd that actually knows the Prem, the two ex-barca dweebs don't, Pelligrini doesn't and none of his staff do.
They need to wise up and show some humility and respect for other teams tenacity otherwise this is going to turn into a long and hard season very quickly.
We can all see what is wrong cos we know what to be expecting from other prem teams and we know who doesn't provide cover. If we know then so do other managers. City are sitting ducks until Pelligrini and the rest of them wise up.

This ... sums up what I'm feeling ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:31 am

brite blu sky wrote:I am very dissatisfied and that is probably putting it mildly. Not for the poor performances as such but more for the sense that Pelligrini said he knew the Prem during pre-season. I thought it was a really stupid thing to say then, now I think it shows both an arrogance and some severe underestimation.

He said that? Damn, talk about a hostage to fortune. No wonder his awakening has been so rude.

I can't believe people are even saying they are not calling for his head yet, to do so would be ridiculous. We have to let him do his best now, the mistakes with the squad are made. We have to hope he can use his much vaunted brain to make the best of it and us not be set back too far. Top 4 is a must, FFP will be impossible for a while if we miss qualifying.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 am

Socrates wrote:
He said that? Damn, talk about a hostage to fortune. No wonder his awakening has been so rude.

I can't believe people are even saying they are not calling for his head yet, to do so would be ridiculous. We have to let him do his best now, the mistakes with the squad are made. We have to hope he can use his much vaunted brain to make the best of it and us not be set back too far. Top 4 is a must, FFP will be impossible for a while if we miss qualifying.

Ffp.

The needle returns to the start of the song...
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

It's a bit of a jump to say he doesn't understand the Prem because of the performances in early games. Look at our performance at Goodison last season, after how many years of Mancini/Kidd ?

The Count has signed the kind of players who would be expected to do well in the Premier League & who imo, would get in any other squad. Signing Navas & Negredo doesn't give the impression of a bloke who doesn't understand what City require.

He has a way of playing, which he believes in. He is trying to get the team to do it. If his belief turns out to be wrong & his system won't work in the Premier League or he can't get teach players to do it THEN, he will either have to change or go but he's not going to chuck it out of the window after a few games without finding out.

My problem with him is that he's changed too many things too quickly & it's led to confusion. It may be that he has to simplify it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:39 am

The Derby will be a true test of does he understand.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum