Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is the best course of action should the following happen:

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini safe from the sack - as long as they finish as Prem runners-up
22:30, 28 March 2015 By Steve Bates

Top brass not prepared to wield axe just because Blues aren't as good as Champions League nemesis Barca - but if they are overtaken by Arsenal or Man United....

Every second counts: Finishing behind only Chelsea will keep Pellegrini at Man City
Manuel Pellegrini will only face the sack by Manchester City this summer if his reigning Premier League champions finish outside the top two, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

That's the scenario facing the City boss with the Blues' Abu Dhabi owners deciding to stick with Chilean coach Pellegrini next season - unless there's an end of season meltdown over the remaining eight games.

While disappointed at an unconvincing league season, Pellegrini is unlikely to be sacked if he guides his expensively assembled stars to second place.

Finishing third would, however, trigger an uncomfortable inquest for the South American and his job would be under severe threat if Arsenal or Manchester United pipped City to second place.

Anything less than a top three finish would mean instant dismissal for Pellegrini, who is more likely to be judged on the Premier League campaign rather than events in the Champions League.

How the top of the table stands:

P W D L GF GA GD Pts
Chelsea 29 20 7 2 61 25 +36 67
Manchester City 30 18 7 5 62 28 +34 61
Arsenal 30 18 6 6 58 31 +27 60
Manchester United 30 17 8 5 52 27 +25 59
Senior City sources insist the club's hierarchy have no appetite to ditch Pellegrini on the basis of another Champions League failure.

Having been knocked out of Europe in successive seasons by Barcelona, senior City officials believe there is no fair benchmark against which to place the team's failure once they have got past the group stage.

And that situation is likely to allow Pellegrini another crack at the competition if City maintain a serious pursuit of Chelsea until the end of the season.

With Pep Guardiola unlikely to quit Bayern Munich just yet, City maintain Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, who has just signed a new five-year deal, was never an option if they do decide to make a change.

And they also claim Carlo Ancelotti of Real Madrid doesn't fit the club's blueprint.

With Patrick Vieira unlikely to be asked to step up from his work with City's Elite Development Squad and the club's Academy set-up, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers - a past target - would be on their radar.

Having committed so heavily to his work at Anfield, it would take a change in his relationship with Boston-based owner John W Henry to force Rodgers out.

And that leaves City with no obvious successor if Pellegrini's side run into trouble in the closing games of the season.

What that piece points out, is that there are very few obvious candidates better than Pellegrini.

SAF o come out of retirement?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Di Marzio running hard that Ancelotti has been approached to be Manager next year and that City want an answer by April 15. I can certainly see Ancelotti leaving Real if he loses the League to Barca. However, I always thought we really wanted Guardiola and we're surely not going to bring in Ancelotti for just one season. The problem would come if the hierarchy want to make major changes in the Summer. Would they want Pellegrini to make them if he's only going to stay for a year? City so far pouring cold water on the story but they would have to.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Simple, back him for next season and stop the rumours.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Just as an aside, what was Pellegrini like as a defender, in his playing days in Chile ??

Was he a 'hard as nails' nutter, or a ball playing 'softie', so to speak ??

He played about 500 games so one would surmise he surely must have been tolerably consistent in his performances, be whatsoever they were.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just as an aside, what was Pellegrini like as a defender, in his playing days in Chile ??

Was he a 'hard as nails' nutter, or a ball playing 'softie', so to speak ??

He played about 500 games so one would surmise he surely must have been tolerably consistent in his performances, be whatsoever they were.

Seems he was the nutter type.

“When I made the transition from player to coach I evaluated myself and saw that I needed to improve my personality. I would fight with players – literally. I was 35 and you can’t be like that; you have young players to guide. You have to transmit calm. It’s not easy to slow your heart rate and maybe some see it as a flaw, passivity, but it’s among the best things I’ve done.”
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:36 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Simple, back him for next season and stop the rumours.

I've said before but I believe there is a plan for pellers to see out his contract and a replacement to come in
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:41 pm

He was brought here on the premise of a project. I mean, of course there's a chance that that's just what everyone says "oh, I love the project here, bla bla bla" but again, he might've been telling the truth when he said that he came here to pursue this project and that he had been promised it. Who knows. This Pep and Paddy business might be true, but it might not be.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Here we go, in-game betting.

Fucking embarrassing!

Edit: Had to re-submit my highly dissatisfied vote.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Simple sack him and put Paddy in charge Tues Morning, this has to be done As Pellers is done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

We will finish fourth. That's the end for pelligrini. This is worse than bobs last season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm

He's gone, but where doors that leave the Spafia? What exactly have they brought in their time here?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Craig B » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm

sheblue wrote:We will finish fourth. That's the end for pelligrini. This is worse than bobs last season.

I'm not confident we will - Rags will beat us this weekend, Spurs and Swansea will also beat us in the coming weeks. It's going to be close. He should go now to give us a chance.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Simple sack him and put Paddy in charge Tues Morning, this has to be done As Pellers is done.

His eyes said it all, he's done and doesn't have clue.

PS. I hop this isn't Txiki who is pulling the strings, his buying record is garbage. Bring back Mancini and Marwood, a Tevez character is what we miss.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:01 pm

This squad has taken a season off again, the manager is as good as gone nd they know it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Simple sack him and put Paddy in charge Tues Morning, this has to be done As Pellers is done.

+1

This is Exactly what City should do....then in the summer , sack the spanish spafia who are as guilty if not more than Pellegrini.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm

What, people are confident we'll beat the Rags, away, we can't even beat Palace!

*Delusion*

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What, people are confident we'll beat the Rags, away, we can't even beat Palace!

*Delusion*

No confidence whatsoever about Sunday. Actually dreading it, but it's a Derby and there is a slim chance of a upset.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What, people are confident we'll beat the Rags, away, we can't even beat Palace!

*Delusion*

Teds confident , ask him again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 pm

we have a better chance against the rags or any "big side" that likes to attack then against palace who sit back and let us durdle around like fucknuts.

We are our own worst enemies in so many ways, given time to thoughtfully construct an attack, we will fuck it up every time.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:20 pm

kinkylola wrote:we have a better chance against the rags or any "big side" that likes to attack then against palace who sit back and let us durdle around like fucknuts.

We are our own worst enemies in so many ways, given time to thoughtfully construct an attack, we will fuck it up every time.

You can bet money that the scum will look to stifle us like others are doing and hit on the break and they prefer to set up like that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum