Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 pm

I feel like setting up an open-ended poll to see how satisfied people are with the job Pellegrini's doing. I'm interested to see how opinion swings between (very) satisfied and (very) unsatisfied over time.

I'll start. At the moment I'd have to say I'm satisfied. I saw enough during preseason to convince me that when we click into gear we'll do some bad things to some good teams. I like his signings, all of which I think make a lot of sense, and when we're back to full strength I think we'll be a frightening proposition. The players seem to have responded to his arrival quite positively and we have kept three clean sheets in four games.

On the down side, he needs to figure out how to get the best out of our top three attacking talents (Aguero, Silva, Yaya) rather than wedging them into a system that doesn't suit their skill sets. He also needs to realise how difficult the Premier League is and how mistakes almost always get punished. Mancini built us up from the back brilliantly, and it'd be a shame to see all that good work go to waste for the sake of a system that either isn't working or the players don't quite get just yet.

He strikes me as a bright enough bloke to sort out the small problems and I still rate our chances of winning the league this year at about 50/50.

EDIT (Reset the poll to see how everyone feels now 20/01 WW)
Results before the reset were
Very Satisfied 82
Satisfied 81
neither satisfied or particularly dissatisfied 31
dissatisfied 9
highly Dissatisfied 9
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

I voted unsatisfied, because it's pretty difficult to say you're satisfied with what has been on display in the last three games.

Saying that, I'm not sure how much of this is down to him, as it's very early to blame tactics or style of play.

Probably a bit too soon for this thread mate?
Original Dub

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:I voted unsatisfied, because it's pretty difficult to say you're satisfied with what has been on display in the last three games.

Saying that, I'm not sure how much of this is down to him, as it's very early to blame tactics or style of play.

Probably a bit too soon for this thread mate?

I don't think so. He's had a transfer window, a preseason and a few competitive games. Besides, the idea is to see how people's opinions change over time.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Jorgobot » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Im satisfied but if this run of form continues our season wont be pretty. He has some good signings we just need a system that has us scoring more often and a few injuries have hurt us as well.
Jorgobot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Date I say it? Ronaldo!?

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:52 pm

I wasn't too impressed with preseason, but thought it might have been down to not having everyone back until towards the end. Loved the performance for the Newcastle game, then it was back to being unimpressed. Personally I'd like to see him reinforce the midfield even if it means sacrificing a second striker, he has options to do this defensively or offensively depending on circumstances.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm unsatisfied so far.
OK, I think a lot of our poor form is down to the unrest in the defence (it affects the whole team - it's much easier to find a way winning attacking game if you have a strong defensive foundation to build from), and the unrest in defence is mainly down to injuries, etc.

But I think that the defence has been criminally neglected this transfer window. It's not a secret that Kompany is injury prone, Richard's always been a bit of a sick note, Nasty is promising, but still not quite the finished product, Lescott lacks the leadership skills to lead the defensive line, Kolarov's never been good enough. So why the fuck did we let Kolo go, without bringing in any cover? To me - as for most City fans, I would imagine - it was painfully clear that a new left back was one of the top priorities this transfer window, and that we needed someone to take Kolo's place in the squad, i.e. an experienced centre back.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm unsatisfied.

The performance have been so so poor since Newcastle.I know we have had some injurys but thats no excuse for what we have seen in the last 3 games.
Green & Blue

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Has he found his Back 4 yet. messing around week in week out will not help No Komps, has been a blow.He wants defenders to be able to play and be adaptable, somthing we lack. Even Zabba who gives 100% is nothing more than average when on the ball. That is not what Pelli wants running is for fools is what he and Guardiola, Del Bosque preach the ball never gets tired, however the Derby and the Premier week in week out is more than skill and technic, wrong but a fact. He has to get his head around that quickly.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby aaron bond » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm unsatisfied so far. The last 3 performances have been shambolic and letting Barry go was a huge mistake.

Admittedly he has been unfortunate with the injuries we've had, but he hasn't appeared to make any effort to deal with the huge gaps we constantly see between our defence and midfield, which were evident throughout pre-season too.

I think Negredo, Jovetic and Navas are great signings, but the jury is still out on Fernandinho for me. Whilst he looks like a decent player, I can't help thinking for £30m, the money could have been better invested elsewhere. Considering we have Yaya, Milner and Rodwell, and had Barry, was he really what we needed?

He's has done well with his previous sides so I'm happy to give him time, but we really need to see some improvements soon. RVP and Rooney are the ideal players to exploit the gaps we leave all over the pitch and so I'm concerned for Sunday. On the other hand though, this could be exactly the game which galvanises both the management and players, and I'm sure all will be boosted with Kompany looking likely to return.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:47 pm

mr_nool wrote:I'm unsatisfied so far.
OK, I think a lot of our poor form is down to the unrest in the defence (it affects the whole team - it's much easier to find a way winning attacking game if you have a strong defensive foundation to build from), and the unrest in defence is mainly down to injuries, etc.

But I think that the defence has been criminally neglected this transfer window. It's not a secret that Kompany is injury prone, Richard's always been a bit of a sick note, Nasty is promising, but still not quite the finished product, Lescott lacks the leadership skills to lead the defensive line, Kolarov's never been good enough. So why the fuck did we let Kolo go, without bringing in any cover? To me - as for most City fans, I would imagine - it was painfully clear that a new left back was one of the top priorities this transfer window, and that we needed someone to take Kolo's place in the squad, i.e. an experienced centre back.

absolutely spot on although people having a go at yaya is a bit lame, i think hes been given orders to protect our weak defence!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I am satisfied with the Count for now.

He's not some colossal fuck up as yet. Dunno what there is to be 'unsatisfied' about? Getting the same results as Mancini probably would have thus far?

Cheers

p.s. All of Noolies bitches are NOT imho about the Count. Just a heads up in case the retarded think it is.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:57 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I am satisfied with the Count for now.

He's not some colossal fuck up as yet. Dunno what there is to be 'unsatisfied' about? Getting the same results as Mancini probably would have thus far?

Cheers

p.s. All of Noolies bitches are NOT imho about the Count. Just a heads up in case the retarded think it is.

It all depends on how much say he has in identifying which areas of the squad that need strengthening.
I would imagine that he's got a lot to say regarding what holes need to be filled, but that it is down to the dynamic duo to fill the holes.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm

I am satisfied with the Count for now.

Cheers

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm

I will have to say unsatisfied and only because he changed a winning formula of zonal marking into man marking - I just do not get any manager changing that winning formula.
Nothing he can do about injuries to Kompany,the new Dema guy and the permanent sick note of Micah , they are just unfortunate.

I think it is very early to say how this is all going to pan out as I think we saw the real city when we played against Newcastle..............Im calmner now than I was the other day but this week is a huge week for him.

Ill stay positive and wont label him a "clown" like fuck face just did.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Cheers

It all depends on how much say he has in identifying which areas of the squad that need strengthening.
I would imagine that he's got a lot to say regarding what holes need to be filled, but that it is down to the dynamic duo to fill the holes.

i don't think he had much say...because you'd have thought the league's best defense would hold steady. I think that he's a guy who somewhat falls in line as a "coach" and that's why he is here.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Cheers

i don't think he had much say...because you'd have thought the league's best defense would hold steady. I think that he's a guy who somewhat falls in line as a "coach" and that's why he is here.

Nail, head, interface... Letting Barry go is a howler as it cannot be undone. He cannot be replaced until January either. But that part is not his fault, it is the director of football's fault. I am uncomfortable with his appointment and think that this sort of "yes" man will not be a success for us but in judging his part so far I went with "dissatisfied" rather than "very" as he has not been given the correct tools for the job and has, indeed, been unlucky to not have Kompany thus far.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Socrates wrote:
Nail, head, interface... Letting Barry go is a howler as it cannot be undone. He cannot be replaced until January either. But that part is not his fault, it is the director of football's fault. I am uncomfortable with his appointment and think that this sort of "yes" man will not be a success for us but in judging his part so far I went with "dissatisfied" rather than "very" as he has not been given the correct tools for the job and has, indeed, been unlucky to not have Kompany thus far.

I deliberately chose the prefix 'un' over 'dis' as to me 'dissatisfaction' hints at anger or annoyance.

It's definitely too early for even the most ardent manager-outers to be tubthumping.

I just want to know whether people think he's on top of things.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I deliberately chose the prefix 'un' over 'dis' as to me 'dissatisfaction' hints at anger or annoyance.

It's definitely too early for even the most ardent manager-outers to be tubthumping.

I just want to know whether people think he's on top of things.

Whatever, option three...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Socrates wrote:
Whatever, option three...

It's an important distinction to make, you dismissive fuck.

Dissatisfied might be better actually, as I don't know if one can be very UNsatisfied. I might change it.

Edit: I have done. Nobody cares.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm not satisfied with the way we've been playing apart from the first match where we looked world class and everybody sat up and paid attention. Why did all that change in the Cardiff match. That's a mystery to me.
As far as results go, the Cardiff one was surprising and disappointing but the Stoke one was par for the course especially playing with a much changed team with the Plezen match in mind!!
All in all, I would say its too early to judge Pellers as he is still settling in and getting the new players to blend in.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum