Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Well changing the whole outlook of the club for potential short term gain always worked for us in the past, so why not again ?

It will save me a lot of money anyway.
Enjoy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:16 pm

If we win nowt this season The Count still get another season for me. The players shut down last time we won the league and it's predominantly the same players doing it again. Fucking wankers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:23 am

Only the Count out if we can get Anchovie in.

Anyone else is a lateral smoke screen.

It's the players who've ballsed up, just like it was the players who won it last season.

Pellers is a classy, attack-minded placeholder for either Pep or Paddy IMHO.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Lee_R » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 am

Dont be soft spoilt cunts.

Viva Pellers!
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 am

Why would we want to fire Pellers? I'm dissatisfied at the mo but firing Pelle would just be a strange decision adn would also, IMO, play right into the hand of the FFP people. FIring a manager costs a lot of money, both in payments owed to the manager and the overhaul of the squad that would follow.

Also, I pay rent and I'm not happy with the way garbage collecting is going. I'm gonna go boo the janitor. Then I'm gonna go boo the cafe personnel where I work because they never have the type of sandwich I want when I get hungry on friday afternoons.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:41 am

I'm all for giving Pellers another year if we don't win anything this season. However with his record of signing one decent player in ten I'm not sure the board would be willing to trust him with any money in the summer. Would you if it was your money?!
Last edited by Mase on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 am

I'm all for giving Pellers another year if we don't win anything this season. However with his record of signing one decent player on ten I'm not sure the board would be willing to trust him with any money in the summer. Would you if it was your money?!

IMO both signings and players we had upon his arrival are going backwards. There is a fundamental issue somewhere that needs sorting. I think we basically could start a thread on every player we have and ask ourselves why he's become worse than last season in such a conspicious way. If that fundamental issue is down to Pellers then I'd say fire him. If not, it's up to Pellers to fix that and he will need time to do just that. IMO.

If all the signings are pap then questions surely should be asked of our sporting director as well. I know it's a big hornet nest on this forum to discuss who's responsible for picking players and so on, but regardless, the sporting director is still the person responsible for all signings together with the manager.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:18 am

He should go if we don't get second spot and have a good go at the CL for the simple reason of spending million and millions on players who have not improved the team....to do this in years gone by would be bad enough but to do it now in the FFP era is fuckign criminal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:55 pm

The main thing that pisses me off with Pellers is that he's either sat on his arse or stood in his technical area with his hands in the pockets of that stupid fuckin coat he wears. Simeone yesterday didn't stop encouraging the crowd to get behind Atletico. And after every goal you could see what it meant to him. Just winds me up how he appears dead behind the eyes Pellers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Whoever comes in as manager, what is happening now is going to happen again. It may happen less if refs start to favour us in the future, to the same degree as they have the rags over the years. But it will happen. Otherwise we will kill the Premier League by winning everything every year.

Has anyone actually thought through what would happen, if some fucker like Simeone came in, tore up the style of play & came 5th ? Where does the club go next ?

Since when has a load of fist pumping won the Premier League ? How many teams who play like Atletico win the Premier League ?

That kind of tootball is unusual in Spain. Here it is bread & butter.

And 15 years out of date.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:15 pm

This spell has the look of Mancini about it. Dreadful negative team selection is costing us badly.
Go back to attacking football which is what we are best at. Remember "NEVER PLAY THE TWO FERNS TOGETHER, IT MAKES US SHIT" and think about variety in attack against shit oppo like Hull, Boro, Burnley and Wednesday.
i am a definite Pellers licker but he has fucked our season up royally since the turn of the year.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby twosips » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Whoever comes in as manager, what is happening now is going to happen again. It may happen less if refs start to favour us in the future, to the same degree as they have the rags over the years. But it will happen. Otherwise we will kill the Premier League by winning everything every year.

Has anyone actually thought through what would happen, if some fucker like Simeone came in, tore up the style of play & came 5th ? Where does the club go next ?

Since when has a load of fist pumping won the Premier League ? How many teams who play like Atletico win the Premier League ?

But Ted, he has PASSION™ and HUNGER™ so its all alright.

Though not when Pearce does it....or Sherwood....or Pardew...etc etc

ps 'tootball' is a great word
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Tesl » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm in favour of giving Pellegrini at least another year even if this season does end up finishing horribly. He'll sort it
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:28 pm

I don't want Pellers going anywhere but he does have to address a few issues.

1. Sort the fucking defence out. Chopping and changing has never worked and if you can't sort it out, bring someone in who can.

2. The slow pedestrian build-up. Teams have now realised that if they park the bus we'll just try and pass it around them. We need to be mixing the play and pulling them out of their defensive set-up, and that needs pace.

3. Does he actually put any stock in scoring from corners, does he think it just happens? With the current set-up we get numerous corners due to us at least getting a cross or shot in. Maybe a bit of training on these set pieces will bring benefits, even if it is just 1 goal!

I don't think it's a motivation issue, I think it's more of a tactical one and the way teams now set-up. Pack the box and 50% of the time they'll stop us from getting more than one. Hit on the break and our defence is fucked. At least if we sort the defence we don't have to score more than 1, Mancini knew that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:35 pm

City playes have said, we do loads of practice on set pieces.

But the oppo do too. Most of our corners v Hull were different to what we have been doing. A couple were miskicked, but many went into the danger area.

We don't have many great headers of the ball though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:This spell has the look of Mancini about it. Dreadful negative team selection is costing us badly.
Go back to attacking football which is what we are best at. Remember "NEVER PLAY THE TWO FERNS TOGETHER, IT MAKES US SHIT" and think about variety in attack against shit oppo like Hull, Boro, Burnley and Wednesday.
i am a definite Pellers licker but he has fucked our season up royally since the turn of the year.

agreed. He's just not putting it together. Players seem like scared strangers. It's fucking odd.

We know in hindsight that Mancini was being overthrown at the tail end of his regime, by the "Spanish cunts" as they've become affectionately known.

What's going on now that we can't seem to get our shit together at even the most basic level? I wonder.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Against United in 11/12, Kompany lept about 8ft in the air to absolutely power a header in, why doesn't he do that more often? Really make the ball his.

I also always found it strange that Lescott who scored 10 goals in a season for Everton hardly ever scored for us, he clearly had the ability, why did he not get more?

Having a centre back who can get you maybe 5 goals a season can be the difference between winning the league and coming second. How many games over the years has either Vidic or Terry powered in header to win a tight game 1-0? Last week at Chelsea when we were having all those corners near the end, I said after the game that if that's a Rag team of 5 years ago, Vidic smashes a header in from one of those and they get the 3 points.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Against United in 11/12, Kompany lept about 8ft in the air to absolutely power a header in, why doesn't he do that more often? Really make the ball his.

I also always found it strange that Lescott who scored 10 goals in a season for Everton hardly ever scored for us, he clearly had the ability, why did he not get more?

Having a centre back who can get you maybe 5 goals a season can be the difference between winning the league and coming second. How many games over the years has either Vidic or Terry powered in header to win a tight game 1-0? Last week at Chelsea when we were having all those corners near the end, I said after the game that if that's a Rag team of 5 years ago, Vidic smashes a header in from one of those and they get the 3 points.

Absolutely. Also Zabba and Clichy/Kolarov don't get nearly enough that their advanced positions should
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Vince has missed two pretty good chances from corners in the last two games. Probably due to rustiness.

Mangala is good at it but hasn't got it right yet for City. Once he gets one in, he may become a threat though. Demi is ok. The rest are pretty much a waste of time though except Dzeko.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Whoever comes in as manager, what is happening now is going to happen again. It may happen less if refs start to favour us in the future, to the same degree as they have the rags over the years. But it will happen. Otherwise we will kill the Premier League by winning everything every year.

I happen to agree and disagree Ted, the easy thing to miss is he has one trick. AM are playing into feet with Griezman. The likes of Koke Turan are linked to Barca. He has built and dismantled two teams he has seen the club through from bankrupt to selling the best players each season, plus the obvious 6 wins on the spin v Madrid, that said yes a massive swing to take him, but he is liked by the Spaniards, who might have get Pep or look for another job.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum