Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:09 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: We had a side full of fucking internationals v Wigan. It was not a weak side. Anybody who says it was is a fucking knobhead.

It looked weak to me. The back four v Wigan are not all playing international football now or are not playing a high standard. Regardless of that they do not play regularly together. In other words the defence were not a team and it showed. It was awful and anybody could see that. It was not a one off (Blackburn, Watford). You can insult me all u want but I was there to see the performance I expected v Wigan once I saw the line up

Don't give me that fucking shite!

You think I'm going to fall for that!!?? You are such a supreme football genius, you looked at a back 4 containing 3 of the players who played in the 6-1 at the swamp, & expected Wigan to tear it up!!? BOLLOCKS.

And which player was it that fucked up ? The bloke who plays in our 'strongest' team, not the bloke who came in.

You are taking the fucking piss matey.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote: Don't give me that fucking shite! You think I'm going to fall for that!!?? You are such a supreme football genius, you looked at a back 4 containing 3 of the players who played in the 6-1 at the swamp, & expected Wigan to tear it up!!? BOLLOCKS. And which player was it that fucked up ? The bloke who plays in our 'strongest' team, not the bloke who came in. You are taking the fucking piss matey.

Micah was an England international once. He has been dogged by injury all season so is not match fit. Two years ago he was. Same with Clichy.. he does not get enough games and is nowhere near his best. Demi gave the penalty away and did not play at United in the 6-1 win. He was the main culprit with his Sunday league pen. How many times has that back four played together? Against Watford MP brought on Zaba and Kompany at half time because the back four were that poor without them and that's 2 defensive subs when 2-9 down!! Why would he think it would be better against Wigan?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 am

Green & Blue wrote: Stop please.Any City fan on seeing the team sheet would have fully expected to be well able for Wigan.I dont think anyone was whining about the team selection until afterwards.

My point is there were warning signs against Watford with 2 defensive subs at half time for example. He played two left backs at home to Barca as another example. There were lots of fans unhappy before kick off with that line up.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:52 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: Don't give me that fucking shite! You think I'm going to fall for that!!?? You are such a supreme football genius, you looked at a back 4 containing 3 of the players who played in the 6-1 at the swamp, & expected Wigan to tear it up!!? BOLLOCKS. And which player was it that fucked up ? The bloke who plays in our 'strongest' team, not the bloke who came in. You are taking the fucking piss matey.

Micah was an England international once. He has been dogged by injury all season so is not match fit. Two years ago he was. Same with Clichy.. he does not get enough games and is nowhere near his best. Demi gave the penalty away and did not play at United in the 6-1 win. He was the main culprit with his Sunday league pen. How many times has that back four played together? Against Watford MP brought on Zaba and Kompany at half time because the back four were that poor without them and that's 2 defensive subs when 2-9 down!! Why would he think it would be better against Wigan?

I totally agree and stated it when the team was announced. I wasn't confident at all and it left me in a position where I thought we'd concede. That line-up was not full of internationals when it came to the defensive line-up and the only person who'd played any regular football was the bloke who's been playing like a leper for a while.

Now, if by stating, at the time, that I wasn't at all confident (and I'm usually the most optomistitic) makes me a knobhead or a no-nothing, then that's somebody's opinion, but when what I said turned out to be exactly right then I think the shoe is on the other foot.

Yes, it should have been a formality (eh Ted) but when you take Wigans form into consideration, we totally screwed up by putting that back 4 out there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bayblue » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote: I totally agree and stated it when the team was announced. I wasn't confident at all and it left me in a position where I thought we'd concede. That line-up was not full of internationals when it came to the defensive line-up and the only person who'd played any regular football was the bloke who's been playing like a leper for a while. Now, if by stating, at the time, that I wasn't at all confident (and I'm usually the most optomistitic) makes me a knobhead or a no-nothing, then that's somebody's opinion, but when what I said turned out to be exactly right then I think the shoe is on the other foot. Yes, it should have been a formality (eh Ted) but when you take Wigans form into consideration, we totally screwed up by putting that back 4 out there.

Defence was crap but I think he had to rest Vinny at some point and we haven't got anyone else. Don't forget that what also happened is we didn't ever really get control in the middle, a scenario that happens all too often when Ferni not playing
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am

When people complain about the defence they're really complaining about Vinny's not playing but he can't play every game. The real problem against Wigan was that we didn't fire going forward. Not a shot on target in the first half was unacceptable.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 am

You can't fucking complain about one non regular player getting a game in the FA Cup for fuck's sake. Or Clichy, Lescott getting a game together; they have all done it loads & loads of times, WON THE FA CUP AND THE TITLE PLAYING TOGETHER.

It's absolute fucking bullshit to claim it's some kind of scratch defence. Demichelis was the odd one out, he fucked up, blame fucking Pellegrini for him, not for putting out a 'weak' side full of title winning internationals.

If you think Kompany should play every game, you are a fucking idiot, & if you think we can have a SQUAD, yes, SQUAD, which tries to compete for 4 trophies but only use 11 of them, & the rest will just happily step in when you lot feel like they should play, you are a fucking idiot.

Micah Richards has been held back, training regularly, until an opportunity arose to play him. A perfectly good one came up: an FA Cup tie v Wigan. He played, & he played better than Zabaleta did v Barca.

Clichy played, in between two games for Kolarov one of which was a Cup Final. So Kolarov, Zabba, Vinny, Silva get the Cup final & the Barca game. Some of you are fucking stupid enough to think they would rather play Wigan, as it's more important. NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. It's more important to YOU. Not more important to the players, coaches, manager, bosses & OWNER. All of them want to play at the Nou Camp. They want to try & beat Barca, & thought they could do it.

If Aguero hadn't played 90 mins v fucking Wigan, perhaps they would. we have played sides which are too strong in the cups, not weakened ones.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 am

bayblue wrote:
Defence was crap but I think he had to rest Vinny at some point and we haven't got anyone else. Don't forget that what also happened is we didn't ever really get control in the middle, a scenario that happens all too often when Ferni not playing

Resting Vinnie was completely stupid. If he was not 100% fit ,then ok. He is a great motivating Captain. So unless Vinnie did have a knock or something it made no sense.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 am

zuricity wrote:
Resting Vinnie was completely stupid. If he was not 100% fit ,then ok. He is a great motivating Captain. So unless Vinnie did have a knock or something it made no sense.

So do you play him in 70 games a season including the internationals, remembering he's had injuries in the last three seasons which look like they were caused by lack of rest, or do you rest him for the game at home against a championship side in between an international and the Barca game?

In retrospect, I wish he played and we rested him against Barca, as at least we may still be in the FA cup, but no one would have picked that before the games.

If the squad players can't be trusted at home to Wigan, then why do we have them? Clichy has alternated with Kolarov all season, Demechelis is (unfortunately) our other main centre half and Richards has only been out due to injury. We weren't playing Boyata at left back or a 16 year old centre half.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You can't fucking complain about one non regular player getting a game in the FA Cup for fuck's sake. Or Clichy, Lescott getting a game together; they have all done it loads & loads of times, WON THE FA CUP AND THE TITLE PLAYING TOGETHER. It's absolute fucking bullshit to claim it's some kind of scratch defence. Demichelis was the odd one out, he fucked up, blame fucking Pellegrini for him, not for putting out a 'weak' side full of title winning internationals. If you think Kompany should play every game, you are a fucking idiot, & if you think we can have a SQUAD, yes, SQUAD, which tries to compete for 4 trophies but only use 11 of them, & the rest will just happily step in when you lot feel like they should play, you are a fucking idiot. Micah Richards has been held back, training regularly, until an opportunity arose to play him. A perfectly good one came up: an FA Cup tie v Wigan. He played, & he played better than Zabaleta did v Barca. Clichy played, in between two games for Kolarov one of which was a Cup Final. So Kolarov, Zabba, Vinny, Silva get the Cup final & the Barca game. Some of you are fucking stupid enough to think they would rather play Wigan, as it's more important. NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. It's more important to YOU. Not more important to the players, coaches, manager, bosses & OWNER. All of them want to play at the Nou Camp. They want to try & beat Barca, & thought they could do it. If Aguero hadn't played 90 mins v fucking Wigan, perhaps they would. we have played sides which are too strong in the cups, not weakened ones.

You are like our very own Adrian Durham :)
South Stand Balti

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:You can't fucking complain about one non regular player getting a game in the FA Cup for fuck's sake. Or Clichy, Lescott getting a game together; they have all done it loads & loads of times, WON THE FA CUP AND THE TITLE PLAYING TOGETHER. It's absolute fucking bullshit to claim it's some kind of scratch defence. Demichelis was the odd one out, he fucked up, blame fucking Pellegrini for him, not for putting out a 'weak' side full of title winning internationals. If you think Kompany should play every game, you are a fucking idiot, & if you think we can have a SQUAD, yes, SQUAD, which tries to compete for 4 trophies but only use 11 of them, & the rest will just happily step in when you lot feel like they should play, you are a fucking idiot. Micah Richards has been held back, training regularly, until an opportunity arose to play him. A perfectly good one came up: an FA Cup tie v Wigan. He played, & he played better than Zabaleta did v Barca. Clichy played, in between two games for Kolarov one of which was a Cup Final. So Kolarov, Zabba, Vinny, Silva get the Cup final & the Barca game. Some of you are fucking stupid enough to think they would rather play Wigan, as it's more important. NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. It's more important to YOU. Not more important to the players, coaches, manager, bosses & OWNER. All of them want to play at the Nou Camp. They want to try & beat Barca, & thought they could do it. If Aguero hadn't played 90 mins v fucking Wigan, perhaps they would. we have played sides which are too strong in the cups, not weakened ones.

It's actually some of you lot who are doing the Adrian Durham routine.

I'm the bloke phoning in to tell you how you are talking sensationalist bollocks ;)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Pellers has brought a whole heap of pressure on himself. He has and there is no getting away from it. He has got things wrong on a few occasions now. I know he has got lots right, Now he needs to show to us, Jose, the rag press he has what it takes, If he finishes 2nd 3rd, for me he will be in trouble, His squad usage is questionable at times, Sergio playing 94 mins last Sunday has got to be questioned, For me has 7/8 shoe in selections they all have to play together as often as possible, put 4 or 5 in and we struggle. The squad has very little depth once the top 8 are taken away, Take VK out of the team and the keks would be full now at the prospects for the season. Time for him to get us going again after a very poor 6 weeks masked by two great goals at Wembley, starting at Hull.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby clippo22 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Anybody seen the Neil custis article in the sun? Very damning of Pelle and praises Mancini big time!

He claims a fan shouted towards Txiki 'bring back Mancini' and that he was immediately surrounded by 3 security guards and told not to shout Mancini's name in front of the chief executive! Surely that's not right? More bullshit journalism?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Green & Blue wrote: Stop please.Any City fan on seeing the team sheet would have fully expected to be well able for Wigan.I dont think anyone was whining about the team selection until afterwards.

Correct. All the conversations I overheard before the game were in favour if the team selection; all the ones I heard leaving the ground were critical
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Now there's a back-handed compliment if ever I saw one!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby The Original Special One » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 am

I'm quite prepared to believe that Pellers will learn from his mistakes.
And unless we implode - big-time - early next season so that our interest in both CL and Premier League ends early, he will see out next season, also.
That aside, we should be able to judge him - with a considerable degree of certainty - by May 2015.

I think he's made quite a few errors - some predictable and avoidable; others not. But there's still plenty of slack in my leash, yet.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:14 am

Despite the hoodie mistake, I'm well satisfied. He should realize that wearing a hoodie on the preseason USA tour is probable cause to be shot. Other than than, highly satisfied.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Well satisfied. In fact could barely be more so.

1 pot on sideboard

Pole position for Prem

96 goals in Prem and 150 in all. Smashing the rags record.

Progressed in Champs League.

All done with upmost decency and without denigrating our opponents. A real breath of fresh air
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun May 04, 2014 6:00 pm

I think he has done a great job. Were poised to add more silver hopefully, a thoughtful clever man who will have extra resources next season even with fpp. So maybe we'll win competitions in the future where I won't need a defibrillator every match.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Benjay » Sun May 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I like Manuel and he has done a good job of course. I just can't help feeling he is keeping the seat warm for someone else. I dont know who or when but it's just a feeling. He was employed to do a specific job and he has done that. At some point the man for the long term future will take over. Who, when I don't know but its just a feeling.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum