Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Wooders wrote:
phips wrote:
dazby wrote:It's going to be Patty V or we lose him.

something tells me the back room staff aren't gonna hand the reins over to unproven Vieira. City is too big for him at this point.

Except that is exactly what they did with pep at barca

Correct, Wooders, me old China. I suspect Patrick Vieira is the post-Guardiola man of choice.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:24 pm

sheblue wrote:Have to say the subs were stupid today.
Nearly cost us.
Big blot on the copybook manuel.

Agreed.

Although only 1-0, we were quite comfortable and looking likely to score another. His substitutions turned the game around and we completely fell apart. Taking Milner off was a stupid move, and he was quite right to look so pissed off at being substituted.

Pellegrini is quite clear that he will not change his style of play, and the opposition know that each week. I just can't help feeling that he's so determined to prove to everyone out there that he is right in his way of thinking, his stubbornness could end up harming us as the season goes on.

A derby victory is always to be celebrated, but Pellegrini really needs to take a look at our performances and his tactics over the last few weeks and learn from the mistakes he's been making.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Yes I think the plan is to promote Vieira. I hope he does nt make substitutions like Pellers did today. I sometimes think MP is not the sharpest tool in the box, but then again I have never managed a double winning team.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

aaron bond wrote:
sheblue wrote:Have to say the subs were stupid today.
Nearly cost us.
Big blot on the copybook manuel.

Agreed.

Although only 1-0, we were quite comfortable and looking likely to score another. His substitutions turned the game around and we completely fell apart. Taking Milner off was a stupid move, and he was quite right to look so pissed off at being substituted.

Pellegrini is quite clear that he will not change his style of play, and the opposition know that each week. I just can't help feeling that he's so determined to prove to everyone out there that he is right in his way of thinking, his stubbornness could end up harming us as the season goes on.

A derby victory is always to be celebrated, but Pellegrini really needs to take a look at our performances and his tactics over the last few weeks and learn from the mistakes he's been making.

He won't learn or he won't change. Got away with it today, would not have gotten away with it against a top team.
Lucky today.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Interesting subs today. Whilst last week mourinho went for defensive subs and lost the game, this week we went for attacking subs and won it. Well done, Manuel!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby aaron bond » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Interesting subs today. Whilst last week mourinho went for defensive subs and lost the game, this week we went for attacking subs and won it. Well done, Manuel!

We were in complete control of the game until the substitutions were made. Then we collapsed, allowed United back into the game, and were stupidly under pressure for large parts of the last 20 minutes. The introduction of Fernandinho a bit later partially rectified it, but our rhythm had completely gone. Pellegrini made some stupid decisions and allowed a terrible, 10-man United to put us under pressure.

It's becoming increasingly concerning that he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.
aaron bond

Postby kinkylola » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 am

aaron bond wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Interesting subs today. Whilst last week mourinho went for defensive subs and lost the game, this week we went for attacking subs and won it. Well done, Manuel!

We were in complete control of the game until the substitutions were made. Then we collapsed, allowed United back into the game, and were stupidly under pressure for large parts of the last 20 minutes. The introduction of Fernandinho a bit later partially rectified it, but our rhythm had completely gone. Pellegrini made some stupid decisions and allowed a terrible, 10-man United to put us under pressure.

It's becoming increasingly concerning that he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes.

so who do we give credit for the initial lineup ... did pellegrini just blindly stumble on to it during a rare lucid moment? I can agree that the subs didn't work out, but we were at home, against 10 men. The subs were meant to continue out attacking pressure. A second goal would have killed the game and the idea of keeping them under pressure so they can't get back into it has merit.

Momentum can swing pretty wildly in the game and despite having the worst BPL start in their history with the most expensive squad assembled, they have good players capable of turning a game in an instant .... even if they are cunts. They made a go at the end, and if we had set up to sit back and absorb pressure, who's to say they wouldn't have scored?

Would I make the same changes? Probably not ... then again, I've never won a league and cup double. Go figure.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:11 am

Clearly Hells Pells has no idea what he is doing. How the hell we won the double last season, playing entertaining football with tons of goals and harmony in the squad is a mystery. Presumably he got away with it then too. Pellers out!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:16 am

kinkylola wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

so who do we give credit for the initial lineup ... did pellegrini just blindly stumble on to it during a rare lucid moment? I can agree that the subs didn't work out, but we were at home, against 10 men. The subs were meant to continue out attacking pressure. A second goal would have killed the game and the idea of keeping them under pressure so they can't get back into it has merit.

Momentum can swing pretty wildly in the game and despite having the worst BPL start in their history with the most expensive squad assembled, they have good players capable of turning a game in an instant .... even if they are cunts. They made a go at the end, and if we had set up to sit back and absorb pressure, who's to say they wouldn't have scored?

Would I make the same changes? Probably not ... then again, I've never won a league and cup double. Go figure.

+1

You can't blame the subs for the stupid and unnecessary free kicks around our box in the last 20 mins. Who got silly yellow cards for diving in ?

Well i suppose you can blame the subs .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:47 am

Sergio last 15 is better than anything, Subs seem to be the issue, when we are winning, for me no changes were required and we had the scum on the run, just a point on the radio, papers GO FUCK YOURSELFS ! MARK SAGGERS WANKER !, Rant over have a great day blues !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 am

The substitutions he made did backfire but can fully understand the logic behind why they were made.

Milner and Jovetic are direct players and as such are at a greater risk of losing possesion trying to take opposition on. Bringing Nasri on was done with a view to retaining possesion as he is one of the best we have at this particular role, alas he was well off the pace and that didn't work out as planned.

Dzeko was brought on to give us someone to hold the ball up top, alas Dzeko's form is poison at the minute and this didn't work too well either.

It seems to me that Pellegrini is damned if he does etc. at the moment. If he'd left those two on and they'd stupidly squandered possession by going for it when there was no need and they equalised you'd have the same people on here bitching this morning.

We just won our fourth derby on the bounce, the first time in 40 years achieving this, well done City, well done Manuel.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:10 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

Yes I think the plan is to promote Vieira. I hope he does nt make substitutions like Pellers did today. I sometimes think MP is not the sharpest tool in the box, but then again I have never managed a double winning team.

What makes you say that ??

Are you referring to his intellect in general, or just his footballing aspect ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Are you referring to his intellect in general, or just his footballing aspect ??

I am sure Wenger will also be looking at Pat V.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I am sure Wenger will also be looking at Pat V.

Pat is a little bit old for monsieur wenger's tastes.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm

I for one hope not, but if the second half is as poor as the first and we lose tonight, he could be in some trouble. Not sure the Sheikh will be impressed by our European campaign one bit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:36 pm

As the poll in this thread is for what I feel today, not what I feel about Pelle in general, I'm dissatisfied. Shocking performances in Europe.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I don't think he's done much wrong tonight.

But that won't matter, because he has done so much wrong lately that if we don't win tonight, the big picture is we are out of two competitions at the beginning of november.

Of course we should have signed some big names like all the other top clubs and maybe that was largely out of pelle's hands, but I don't feel like he's made the most out of what he has so far this season.

Pretty much everyone to blame so far imo, but they can only fire one.
Original Dub

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:I don't think he's done much wrong tonight.

But that won't matter, because he has done so much wrong lately that if we don't win tonight, the big picture is we are out of two competitions at the beginning of november.

Of course we should have signed some big names like all the other top clubs and maybe that was largely out of pelle's hands, but I don't feel like he's made the most out of what he has so far this season.

Pretty much everyone to blame so far imo, but they can only fire one.

We have gone stale and i think that has to fall on the managers head. Although i really like Pellegrini, his stubbornness is really starting to cause problems. After Fernandinho got booked, it should have been him that came back of for Dzeko, Fernando was playing really well.

We are been opened up down the centre in all our games this season but we still persist with a flat midfield 4 when we dont have the ball, We can still play Pellegrinis 4-2-2-2 formation but use it when we dont have the ball also and push the opposing team wide instead of letting them run straight at our centre backs. If we did defend with a 4-2-2-2 formation without the ball, then our midfield 2 would be closer to the centre backs and our attcking mids would be closer to our strikers. Spurs had something like 54% of their attacks down the middle of the field and since then it has been happening every game
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Don't see him continuing beyond the summer, unless we absolutely tear the premier league apart from here on.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Clowncrete wrote:Don't see him continuing beyond the summer.

Nope. The bar was set with Mancini. You deliver constant success domestically and progress each year in Europe or you get the tin tack. I did not agree with the Mancini sacking nor will I agree with getting rid of Pellegrini if we finish second but we have form and I can't see how one goes and the other survives.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum