Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Can anyone honestly say they're satisfied with Pellegrini after our performances week after fucking week in 2016. Personally I'd keep him till the end of the season in the hope we can come fourth and then give Vieira a go. He knows our youngsters and would give them a go and he would help recruit a couple of top players we badly need. A number of players will be leaving soon. Jovetic, Kolarov certainly. I would move on Dzeko and Yaya too.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
This is hardly the first time we have moaned about players not putting in a shift. He picks the team and the buck stops there. If you keep picking half hearted players you reap. What you sow

But who's he's supposed to pick though? Milner, which he picked today. But otherwise? What options does he have?

Some youngsters? We don't even play them in cup games.

Exactly. Jovetic has been underused also. I'm not having it the only players he can pick are the ones he does week in week out. A couple of young lads playing might just have kept some of the senior guys on their toes. We shall never know. He also had January to do something.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:I think we will be getting the mutual consent announcement tomorrow.

Everything today screamed of a team that have stopped playing for their manager. Rightly or wrongly, it is normally the manager that gets the sack when that happens.

He has been let down by our transfer dealings, of which he himself, plays a part. However, to move forward, we have have to sell a large chunk of our squad and buy a shed load of new players which is risky, and bed in some youth players, who take time to settle.

Or sack the manager. I think he will be gone by 5pm tomorrow.

I think you're right
Original Dub

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:32 pm

The interview he just gave to Sky reminds of Sven's last three months in charge.

He knows he's going, and his pay off is dependent on him pretending everything is ok and batting off any questions of his future.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Which means hello brian Kidd and a record straight loss end to the season. great.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:42 pm

It doesn't mean fucking Kidd. I still think Pellegrini will stay for the last few games just like Mancini did. Then he'll be off. Vieira is definitely worth a try imo. He's the most likely to give a few of the kids a go and his name would help attract a couple of really top players we desperately need to freshen up the squad.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Nick wrote:Which means hello brian Kidd and a record straight loss end to the season. great.

Kidd comes in were playing Thursday's next season.
What a fucking mess.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:45 pm

It doesn't mean fucking Kidd. I still think Pellegrini will stay for the last few games just like Mancini did. Then he'll be off. Vieira is definitely worth a try imo. He's the most likely to give a few of the kids a go and his name would help attract a couple of really top players we desperately need to freshen up the squad.

Mancini left before the season was up :)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby kinkylola » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:52 pm

changed to dissatisfied

I don't feel that he has the motivational skills to handle big players, and I feel that tactically he is as cultured as Harry Redknapp. 4 wins since boxing day is unacceptable for a team looking to qualify for the Europa league, let alone defending champions with a bankroll.

What was the stat about not having been up at halftime since the turn of the year? If it coincides with us only winning 4 since boxing day it would make sense. Tactics aren't there for me, players don't look up for matches ... effort is lacking and all of our heroes from last season have all had simultaneous breakdowns ... some of it goes on the players, and I'm mad enough at them, but some is reserved for Pellegrini, who needs to be able to sort that stuff out.

Looks like he's at the total mercy of the player's whims and that's unacceptable. That's it in a nutshell.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:05 pm

I don't like the idea of Vieira being stuck in charge of a team which is struggling. If he fails, his City career is almost over before it starts.

Brian Kidd ? NO.

They have time to get a few players fit now, plus rags & Arse have to play each other & Chelsea & neither are actually especially good.

Just get on with it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Reminds me of Eriksson when everyone knew he was gone, or Mancini when everyone knew he was gone. Pellegrini is gone and everyone knows it. It's just a case of who replaces him. I believe we'll have sounded out Guardiola and his answer will determine whether we're going for a short term man for one season which I feel the Argentinian guy would be or a long term deal like Ancelloti would be. Personally I'd go for someone hungry like Klopp, Emery or Vieira if he's making the right impression behind the scene.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:07 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Reminds me of Eriksson when everyone knew he was gone, or Mancini when everyone knew he was gone. Pellegrini is gone and everyone knows it. It's just a case of who replaces him. I believe we'll have sounded out Guardiola and his answer will determine whether we're going for a short term man for one season which I feel the Argentinian guy would be or a long term deal like Ancelloti would be. Personally I'd go for someone hungry like Klopp, Emery or Vieira if he's making the right impression behind the scene.

We don't want Sabella even for one season surely ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Reminds me of Eriksson when everyone knew he was gone, or Mancini when everyone knew he was gone. Pellegrini is gone and everyone knows it. It's just a case of who replaces him. I believe we'll have sounded out Guardiola and his answer will determine whether we're going for a short term man for one season which I feel the Argentinian guy would be or a long term deal like Ancelloti would be. Personally I'd go for someone hungry like Klopp, Emery or Vieira if he's making the right impression behind the scene.

I didn't say I wanted him but it seems that he's definitely being sounded out by the club. If the payoff for Sabella was Guardiola coming in 12 months later would you take it? I don't know enough about him to know one way or the other.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:10 pm

blues2win wrote:Can anyone honestly say they're satisfied with Pellegrini after our performances week after fucking week in 2016. Personally I'd keep him till the end of the season in the hope we can come fourth and then give Vieira a go. He knows our youngsters and would give them a go and he would help recruit a couple of top players we badly need. A number of players will be leaving soon. Jovetic, Kolarov certainly. I would move on Dzeko and Yaya too.

Fucking hell my stream's still showing 2015s games! how are we doing in 2016?
seriously how can this man still be in charge after this seasons shambolic efforts?
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm not suggesting Vieira take over now. I think we're better letting Pellegrini finish this season. Onda Cero, a Spanish radio station, claiming the Club want Ancelotti. It's not the first time he's been linked with us by Spanish outlets. Real lose the title to Barca he may well leave. If he's available you can see the Club being seriously interested.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I didn't say I wanted him but it seems that he's definitely being sounded out by the club. If the payoff for Sabella was Guardiola coming in 12 months later would you take it? I don't know enough about him to know one way or the other.

Tbf I can only go on watching Argentina. He seems fucking clueless with them. But I'd much rather have the Penguin for a season if it was just a one off.

I think a one season job is the only chance the Count has of staying on.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Thank you and 'bye.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lee_R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 pm

No chance Vieira will come in yet. If he came in next season and wasnt up to scratch he'd be out. Hes at least 2 years away from first team management. Also dont see him taking over until the end of season. Btw be aware City (EDS) have done very avarage this season under Vieira, too soon. Best guess is Pellers will remain until end of season and then promptly be replaced by someone like Ancelotti on a season to season contract. Not sure Im in favour of the idea but thats how I see it unfolding. Unhappy at the minute but if Pellers is in charge next season then so be it.

Absolute joke since Jan though.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Just give Pep what he wants.

If Bayern win the Champs league hopefully he will think brilliant i've achieved here and get a five year deal with us.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Martin Samuel has just tweeted that he's been sacked - probably bollocks
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum